Kroger Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

1.9

Floor Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

I applied online through the careers section of Kroger. After about a week of waiting I called the store I had applied at and asked to speak with the hiring manager to check on the status of my application. I was informed they had received and reviewed it. I was told to go to a training store location for my interview with an HR rep, a few other people were there when I arrived. We were interviewed individually, I dressed business casual (no tie, just tucked in collared shirt with nice pants). After the interview I was offered a position on the spot provided my mouth swab drug test and background check were clear.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, standard customer service questions regarding past experiences and how to deal with certain situations. Pretty easy and straight forward.   Answer Question
    If I had more experience at the time I could have negotiated for more

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Kroger.

It took several weeks of me calling them and on the day of the interview the hiring manager forgot and was an hour late. We had the interview in the employees only office and she just asked me questions from the application. Remember what you wrote on the app.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I had to be content with minimum wage.

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Kroger.

Drug test,swab....background check...called two refrences and had three interveiws...first with the kroger hiring chef then managemnet and finally store managment....very easy and standard interveiws...easy easy...its nion so there is no negotiations but they have a ton of benefits foe employees

Interview Questions
    Its union so no negotiations

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamilton, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger.

It happen so long ago, many things have changed I guess for the better. More is done now on the computer. There is more chances of getting a job with all the new store openings. Interviews are pretty quick. They often hired someone with no experience. Promote within. It does take longer now of days waiting on back ground checks.

It is a union job and there was no negotiation, just where you wanted to work at in the store

Administrative Assistant Interview

Just a few questions about previous work experience. Most questions are generic interview questions. Alot about what I had done prevuiosly with the company and how I worked with manegement to solve problems.

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in August 2013.

I put in an online application and they contacted me within a week. The interview took place in the HR office at the front of the store with a very nice lady who made the interview very smooth. There were no specific interview questions and she had to leave a few times to deal with people in store and on the phone. I did a drug test on the spot after she gave me a choice between getting carts and being a cashier/bagger and then she gave a date to come in for orientation and paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • There were no specific questions about behavior or character that I can remember but the online application gave copious scenarios for which you could tell they were looking for specific responses.   Answer Question
    They asked me what pay I wanted but ultimately ended with minimum wage like the rest.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in June 2014.

I was interviewed twice in three days. The questions were definitely pertinent for the job of cashier. The process was very pleasant. I was told on day four that I had been hired.

Interview Questions
    • Dealing with unusual transactions at the cash register.   Answer Question

Meat Cutter, So I Was Told Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Douglasville, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

initial call after online app was pretty quick but it took about 10 days to get to the inerview, then another 5 days to come back for drug testing, then nearly three weeks before I was called.(I thought I'd failed the drug test). the interview include 9 applicants

Interview Questions
    • None. We were mainly informed about the importance of customer service   View Answer
    there was no negotiation. I am ashamed to say that I didn't know what to expect when I got my first check. I went in on blind faith that I would be paid what meat cutters are normally paid in this area $10-12/hr

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Kroger in June 2013.

Hard to get your application noticed, I had to apply twice. But when I got to the interview, it was a smple conformation of my job experience and a drug test.

Interview Questions
    Pay s non negotiable, higher pay given for experience.

Lead Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

When I was hired they were still doing paper applications. Filled it out got called in next day. I completed the computer training that day. Was asked what hours I was available, bingo, I was hired that day.

none union rates