Kroger

Very Easy Interview

Floor Supervisor Interview

Floor Supervisor
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kroger in December 2011.

Interview Details Super Easy. Apply online and when they are hiring you will more than likely get called back. When you get called in for an interview you talk to the manager of your department and they talk to you about your schedule and what is expected from the managers/company

Interview Question – There arent any. If you get asked for the interview you basically have the job.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details The interview process went very smoothly. I only had on an over the phone and a one on one with the store manager. Also, a drug test was needed.

Interview Question – Tell me your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Lead Floral Clerk Interview

Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details The process was very simple as far as I can remember, submit an application, if the IT manager likes your application you are called for a first interview, if you pass that you are then set up for a second interview where you are now required to take a test of sorts (not in practice when I was interviewed), answering questions designed to alert the employer if you are or are not a good fit, they say there is no right or wrong answer, but... if you pass the test you most likely have the job/position.

Interview Question – This was not a part of the process when I hired on, so I can not in all honesty say, all I can tell you is that these questions are designed to gage your honesty, integrity etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation, it was a simple entry level process, with a firm "this is what the position pays"

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details This process was very straight forward. it consisted of 3 separate mini interviews then a small group interview. all in all very easy. This process was very straight forward. it consisted of 3 separate mini interviews then a small group interview. all in all very easy. This process was very straight forward. it consisted of 3 separate mini interviews then a small group interview. all in all very easy.

Interview Question – What is your expected salary   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Nashville, TN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kroger in April 2010.

Interview Details The interview process went very well. You have to make sure to know your work history and the outcomes of your examples. Be very professionally dressed as well.

Interview Question – Do not remember.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Off Shift Production Supervisor Interview

Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kroger in January 2014.

Interview Details Very professional and thorough. Blacked out 4 hours for the entire interview and tour process. I met with Sr and Jr level HR, and was interviewed by two entire management teams in two separate time slots. They were very detailed and up front about the working conditions, expectations, and future of the business.

Interview Question – How we you able to handle an unruly and aggressive employee in the past? How would you handle it differently in a union environment?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offered package was very generous but the shift ended up being a major obstacle for the family.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in May 2013.

Interview Details Very long second interview with four Kroger manager-types. All were very polite. Interview took two hours including power point presentation. Standard behavior based questions. They wanted very detailed answers to their questions. I would recommend that any interviewee brush up on the STAR approach to these type of interviews. First interview was quite easy and subsequent online questions took just two hours to answer fully.

Interview Question – Every question is difficult when your future is on the line.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Roanoke, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in November 2012.

Interview Details One call from head of human resources to set up interview with store manager, then a drug test and background check, then a second interview to review findings of test and check and to finalize hire (taxes, uniform, name-tag, etc). Training at district headquarters and then training in department.

Interview Question – What benefit will you be to the company?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lead Cashier Interview

North Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in July 2013.

Interview Details I got a call back the next day after applying online. I think it's because I didn't have any charges against me. I was then interviewed by some lady who tried to tell me all the places Kroger could take me... I was then given a drug test in front of everyone (oral drug test) and started my training the next day.

Interview Question – Nothing really just typical questions anyone asks.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase? No you sign your soul to them no negotiations. If your a student they act like they will be really accommodating at first, but two months later they act like this job is more important than a bachelor degree. Dumb...

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk
Lawrence, KS (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in August 2012.

Interview Details I submitted multiple applications for different positions and it was quite a while before I was called in for an interview. The Interview was pretty laid back, typical interview questions and the HR manager was very friendly. Interview lasted around 15 minutes and ended with a job offer and me signing papers that day. Im fairly sure they had already decided whether or not they were going to hire me before I came in and the interview was just a formality.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I wish I had at least tried to negotiate, if for nothing else other than the experience.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kroger