Kroger Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
393 interviews

1.9

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kroger in June 2013.

Hard to get your application noticed, I had to apply twice. But when I got to the interview, it was a smple conformation of my job experience and a drug test.

Interview Questions
    Pay s non negotiable, higher pay given for experience.

Lead Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

When I was hired they were still doing paper applications. Filled it out got called in next day. I completed the computer training that day. Was asked what hours I was available, bingo, I was hired that day.

none union rates

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Kroger in May 2013.

interview was conducted by very the assistant store manager, very polite lady and very professional. Submitted resume on website, received phone call asking for in person interview, conducted in their office and lasted only about ten minutes. After interview I received a call within two days with an offer to start.

Part-Time Cashier Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kroger.

The hiring process was pretty nice, the Hiring manager was pretty amiable and kind. She called and made sure I could make it to the group interview and worked with me on the subject of my birth certificate not being in my possession at the time. She was very friendly and even waiting for the other interviewees before she started.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected question was the whole Union situation. The union situation kind of felt very pushy and didn't really seem like an option to actually opt out of. But I did make my decision on my own and I'm kind of glad the guy was a little pushy about the union thing. As I was immediately treated unfairly on my third day on on the job training. I'm probably going to try to contact him for more information.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in August 2011.

It was very laid back. I felt very comfortable in the interview and was offered the job the next day. It came down to me and one other candidate, but I got it based on my experience with Kronos. I had to take my drug test on the spot and fill out my paperwork.

Interview Questions
    The was no negotiations offered. It was take it or leave it.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

Phone Interview followed by in person interview. Phone interview was with the person you will be reporting to if you get the position. Want to know your understanding of their programs they use so read and research the job description of your position carefully.

Interview Questions
    • Rank your top three programs you are familiar with and explain how you've worked with them in the past.   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Kroger in January 2013.

Multiple interviews, mostly behavioral and then 2 online assessment tests, overall nothing too difficult and seemed like a normal hiring process. Started with a phone interview, then one in person, and finally one with the District Manager for the region I would later be placed. The 2 online tests seemed to both be personality tests, just to help them rank you.

Interview Questions
    • Just be ready to talk about yourself (Strengths/Weaknesses), conflict resolution, and leadership activities   Answer Question
    An offer was given with no negotiation for me

Drug GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Wayne, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Kroger in April 2014.

Applied online, received a call to set up an interview the next day. Went in for a very simple interview (less than 20 minutes) and received a conditional offer of employment pending a drug test and background check. Received a call later that week to let me know that everything had come back fine and to set up times for orientation and training.

Interview Questions
    • Very simple, straightforward questions (Why do you want to work here, what relevant skills do you have, etc.). A few simple situational questions (Describe a situation in which you provided excellent customer service, etc.).   Answer Question
    No negotiation opportunity

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

I was originally interviewed to be a courtesy clerk and they just asked the basic questions of a typical interview and then told me what I was going to be paid per hour starting out. They also assigned me to the store I would work. They also did a mouth swab drug test.

Its a two-tier union pay scale where part-time is paid less than full-time.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

I had an interview with the HR at one particular store. The HR was very sweet and on the older side. Honestly the easiest interview I have ever done. Manners are huge. She was presently surprised when I shook her hand. It seemed like she already knew that she was going to hire me half-way through because the interview transitioned from interview questions to talking about what the job entailed.