Kroger Interview Questions

Updated 27 Oct, 2014
Updated 27 Oct, 2014

1.9

Nutrion Lead Interview

a lot of questions from that cao card, and a lot of questions about the telsgun so you need to know that by hear with out looking at it and know the quick keys too that is also on that cao card

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in August 2014.

Group interview
    Nice interviewer
    Easy going environment
    8 of us were applying
    3 hired on the spot
    Others waiting for call or email
    Lasted an hour including drug test
    Asked 5 easy questions

Go in a couple days before interview to know where to go in store
       Show up at least 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork
       Dress nice
    When asked about favorite in store product talk about it a little, explain why, and have a small conversation about it

No negotiations

Be yourself, be friendly, smile

Stackoff In Warehouse Overnight Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in August 2014.

From Kroger webpage I applied for a warehouse position online a few hours later Operations Mgr called me and did a phone interview screening prior to formal interview with him and another team resource leader. Showed up for the interview and the receptionist was extremely friendly and welcoming. She even offered that she loved working there, Nicole was her name. Did not have to wait HR greeted me and we walked into a meeting room with 3 other people. Panel interview for a warehouse job was surprised initially, but then they were so warm and welcoming just figured that is how things work down here in SC, I am recently from Boston & West Palm Beach. There were 15 questions and some of them were indeed redundant. Too bad they could not of sent out a electronic personality test questionnaire like other jobs of this entry level. I was told on the phone all associates are hired at entry level. Even ones with MBA? (wanted to rebuttal that question).

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in August 2014.

Kroger asks you a bunch of questions like what does customer service mean to you? They are looking for someone who is open, communicative, and has good body language. Try to project your friendliness toward the hiring manager, make eye contact, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult of the interview is when they ask if you have customer service experience or any situations that you had to someone you were serving. How would you respond when a customer is angry at you.   Answer Question

Part-Time Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in August 2014.

A lady contacted me on my cellphone and asked me to come in for a job interview on that day. I came in and she reviewed my job application with me (experience, qualifications, etc.). The conversation was very friendly and the topic deviated to more personal things. At the end of the interview, I was given a drug test. She said she would contact me after both the drug test and background check pass. I waited for 4 whole days and finally got a call back to come in for training. And that's how it all started.

No negotiation.

Front End Cashier Interview

I went to the store I wished to work at, and picked up an application. I then filled out application that day, and spoke with the hiring manager. She conducted a basic interview about availability and desired duration of employment (e.g. summer months can work more hours vs. school year). It was a very easy process.

Fixed hourly rate.

Part-Time Cashier/Deli Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger.

I applied for a job at Kroger online and recieved no feedback from them. While shopping at the store close to my house, I saw a posting for open interviews to be held on Thursdays from 2:00 to 7:00. I attended the open interview, showed up early and brought a copy of my resume. All participants signed on a sign in sheet and this was the order we were interviewed in. Even though I was the first one to show up, I was the 6th person to be interview because I didn't elbow others out of the way to sign up. We were called to a table in the deli eating area when it was our turn, with the other candidares sitting a few tables away. Not going first might have been beneficial because I could overhear the questions that I was about to be asked. The actual interview was easy, if you are prepared to answer questions about yourself. The woman asked me why I chose Kroger as a potential employer, three words to describe myself, what customer service ment to me, if I had reliable transportaion and also asked about my previous job experience. I tried to do more than just answer the questions with a minimum answer, when she asked about my previous jobs I talked mysef up a little and acted super confident like I already worked at Kroger. I did something right because once the questioning was pver I was directed to go upstairs to the managers offices and they did a saliva spit test right there. The store manager asked for my driver's license and filled out some paperwork while I sat awkwardly in her chair with a drug test hanging out of mouth, trying not to drool on her desk. I was told that once the results from the drug and background check come back they will call me in for orenintarion. I know that I will pass both tests and am excited to work at Kroger. They seem like they have a smooth operation going, everyone was VERY nice and the store is always clean. Another couple bonuses are that the store is only a mile from my house and as an employee I will recieve 10% off all Kroger brand products!

Interview Questions
    • 3 words you would use to describe yourself?   View Answer

Floor Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

I applied online through the careers section of Kroger. After about a week of waiting I called the store I had applied at and asked to speak with the hiring manager to check on the status of my application. I was informed they had received and reviewed it. I was told to go to a training store location for my interview with an HR rep, a few other people were there when I arrived. We were interviewed individually, I dressed business casual (no tie, just tucked in collared shirt with nice pants). After the interview I was offered a position on the spot provided my mouth swab drug test and background check were clear.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, standard customer service questions regarding past experiences and how to deal with certain situations. Pretty easy and straight forward.   Answer Question
    If I had more experience at the time I could have negotiated for more

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

It took several weeks of me calling them and on the day of the interview the hiring manager forgot and was an hour late. We had the interview in the employees only office and she just asked me questions from the application. Remember what you wrote on the app.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I had to be content with minimum wage.

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kroger.

Drug test,swab....background check...called two refrences and had three interveiws...first with the kroger hiring chef then managemnet and finally store managment....very easy and standard interveiws...easy easy...its nion so there is no negotiations but they have a ton of benefits foe employees

Interview Questions
    Its union so no negotiations