Kroger Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct, 2014
Updated 23 Oct, 2014

1.9

Floor Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

I applied online through the careers section of Kroger. After about a week of waiting I called the store I had applied at and asked to speak with the hiring manager to check on the status of my application. I was informed they had received and reviewed it. I was told to go to a training store location for my interview with an HR rep, a few other people were there when I arrived. We were interviewed individually, I dressed business casual (no tie, just tucked in collared shirt with nice pants). After the interview I was offered a position on the spot provided my mouth swab drug test and background check were clear.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, standard customer service questions regarding past experiences and how to deal with certain situations. Pretty easy and straight forward.   Answer Question
    If I had more experience at the time I could have negotiated for more

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

It took several weeks of me calling them and on the day of the interview the hiring manager forgot and was an hour late. We had the interview in the employees only office and she just asked me questions from the application. Remember what you wrote on the app.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I had to be content with minimum wage.

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kroger.

Drug test,swab....background check...called two refrences and had three interveiws...first with the kroger hiring chef then managemnet and finally store managment....very easy and standard interveiws...easy easy...its nion so there is no negotiations but they have a ton of benefits foe employees

Interview Questions
    Its union so no negotiations

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger.

It happen so long ago, many things have changed I guess for the better. More is done now on the computer. There is more chances of getting a job with all the new store openings. Interviews are pretty quick. They often hired someone with no experience. Promote within. It does take longer now of days waiting on back ground checks.

It is a union job and there was no negotiation, just where you wanted to work at in the store

Administrative Assistant Interview

Just a few questions about previous work experience. Most questions are generic interview questions. Alot about what I had done prevuiosly with the company and how I worked with manegement to solve problems.

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in July 2014.

My Interview was a group interview with about 8 people in applying for different jobs (including me). We all got a worksheet that asked very basic questions, What was your favorite job or assignment, what was your least favorite job or assignment, what you feel someone needs to have (personality wise) to be most helpful to customers, and how as an individual can you improve. We had to read off this portion. Next thing on the worksheet was "What is your favorite product in the store." and everyone was grouped into groups of two. We then had to "sell" her our products that the both of us chose. This was a teamwork exercise and only last about a minute per group. After that, the interview process was over and the person giving the interview gave us all a drug test and after we turned in our drug test, we were free to go and we all had gotten a job.

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger in July 2014.

It was easy on july 22 i called at like 2:00 pm and i got an interview during that call at 6:00 pm it was GREAT and easy. Now tommorow i go in for training.
    Im 17 and was able to negotiate ALOT of HOURS which is exactly what i wanted.
    I got 25-28 hours for this job
    Now i can work directly after school and can work AS MANY as hours as i want
    Im currently a resident in
    Roswell, Georgia

Just go in with a smile and MAKE SURE
    You call back within 24 hours
    You never know what happened to me could happen to you....

Front End Employees Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in July 2014.

10 minutes. Cursory review of application. If you can fog a mirror & make an "X"on the doted line, you are in.

They seek anyone that will work that states they can work all 7 days of the week.

Interview Questions
    • When can you start & can you pass a cotton swab drug test.   Answer Question
    Not applicable. All positions are UNION scaled & slotted at hourly wages. Although you may get a "bump" with prior retail experience.

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in July 2014.

Went through two different interviews. First was just a basic answer questions. Then they will call you back for drug test and papers to go to an offsite training facility. The training was long and boring and consisted of two days. Really did not learn much. The hours are long and usually alone and they leave you lists of things to do every day.

Pay is already set

Lead Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger.

When I was hired they were still doing paper applications. Filled it out got called in next day. I completed the computer training that day. Was asked what hours I was available, bingo, I was hired that day.

none union rates