Kroger

Updated 14 Dec, 2014
Updated 14 Dec, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

Very nice location, people and office. Everyone was very welcoming and made me feel comfortable during the interview process. Interview needed a lot of real life examples to back up claims.

D1 Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI (US)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kroger.

Took a month or so to complete. One phone call interview. A 1 on 1 interview, and finally a pannel interview. It was easy nothing to challenging. The company is great and caring.

Interview Questions
    Not much room to negotiate.

Produce Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

Like any other interview some backround questions and store info and bio then brief description of what the job offer would initial. A tour of the store and my department I would be working In. Backround check paperwork with a drug test. Wait about 3 weeks call a couple times and then bam!!! You got the job start computer training for 16 hours the. Hit the floor and stock and repeat for minutes, hours , days , months, years later. And maybe you'll get promoted to full time after working full time hours sincee you started but partime w/o Benefits while people who are full time work parttime hours with Benefits and getting paid more for doing less

Interview Questions
    • How could you help kroger by being a employee?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

standard interview questions and applied on line They asked what my strengths and weaknesses were. They asked a couple of times about why I like Kroger and I said I like helping customers etc.

Interview Questions
    Set my availability although they did not follow through very well

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in November 2014.

Applied online, got called Sunday morning to come in for a group interview. Introductions and asked about hobbies. Asked 2 write answers to two questions, then tell your answers to the group, Then you leave for 10 minutes to see if you're selected for one on one interview. In my group of 10,only 3 were selected and I wasn't one of them. Kind of a waste of time, as I had other interviews that I didn't attend or postpone because of this one.

Interview Questions
    • Name five things that make a great shopping experience?
      If you saw a mom with 3 small kids and a full cart ,what would you do

Answer Question

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in November 2014.

I applied online process took about 5 days. Received an email about the interview . Very straight forward interview they will have you fill out an availability sheet and some simple questions . We were in groups. Each person in the group stood to introduce him/herself and then read or summarized answers to four multi-part, written questions. They then had us do a advertisement skit in groups on what is our favorite thing to buy from Kroger . Very simple interview drug tests after all of this don't be nervous ,dress nicely , smile , and you'll get the job . They will also tell you on spot It you are offered or not.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What was your best job ? What appeal to you about it? What did you not like?   Answer Question
    • 2. What was the worst job you've had?Why didn't you like it ?   Answer Question
    • 3. What do you think are the most important skills for use in customer service? Describe a time you used these skills   View Answer
    • 4. What attributes or characteristics of yours do you feel you could use more development?   Answer Question
    • 5. lastly if you were in Kroger for 10 seconds what would you grab? ( this item will be used in the advertisement skit ) so be smart and goodluck :)   Answer Question
    Told us all how much we would make no negotiation .

Front End Cashier Interview

Submit application which is done online. Then you will need to go and talk to a hiring manager to be set apart from the rest of the applications because there is a huge volume of applications. Sometimes there is an informal interview other times its just a matter of going and talking to a manager that works there. Then attend orientation which consist of walking around the store and getting a baseline of where everything is. Then computer training which goes over the basic tasks and common sense.

Part-Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger.

Easy interview, standard questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc.. Got hired during the interview process and did a drug test that they send in to the lab as well.

Store Management Interview

Will ask questions based on previous experience and how that pertains to future with Kroger. Usually sit at a table with coordinators and human resources rep taking turns asking those questions.

Interview Questions
    • Break down all experience to the point of detailed experience with profit and loss to shrink.   Answer Question

Checker Interview

Interview was your typical behavioral interview. There were about ten simple questions asked mainly about providing efficient customer service to all customers. Other questions were: tell me about a time when you had to go out of the way to provide exceptional customer service for a customer. Approximately 30 minutes then a saliva drug test.