Kroger

328 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Night Cashier Interview

Madison, TN (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger in December 2011.

Interview Details Just asked about availability, and discussed rate of pay. Short and simple questions, very laid back

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in March 2014.

Interview Details No questions, just a drug test and description of the job.

Reason for Declining – Other job offer

Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details the interview process was in a group setting, multiple individuals looking for positions in different departments and multiple store, using a district recruiter. the interview provided lots of company history, expansion plans, other locations, and rather general details about the in-store experience. there was very little information provided in regards to wages/hourly compensation.

Interview Question – During the process they wanted us to demonstrate how we would interact with customers by acting out daily situations with the recruiter as the customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiations. They informed us that as new hires expect to receive the least amount of hours because those with "seniority" in your department get the most hours starting with those who receive an automatic 4 hr week. Both the recruiter and the store management team skated around the Compensation questions like they didn't want to reveal that new hires start out making Minimum Wage.

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in September 2010.

Interview Details She asked about my experience as a cashier

Interview Question – she was interested to know if I would be full time or part time and what i thought id like about working there   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kroger in August 2012.

Interview Details Consisted of 2 interviews both one on one. Took a long time between interviews. Had to do 2 online tests before second interview, information from those tests were never mentioned. Second interview was very laid back, just taking about the job, no real questions. Then training process took around 6 months before becoming salary.

Interview Question – If you could buy a new personality trait what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating phase.

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details Simple as can be. it can barely be called an interview. You are summoned into an office with the hiring manager asked a few basic questions and given a drug test.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. I would be certain if coming to this job with experience then make sure they are aware of it.

Part-Time Cashier Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details Very simple - apply online and attached my resume/cover letter, got an call a few days later and scheduled an interview. The interview was a group interview, a bit awkward but honestly if you seemed overall okay then you got an offer afterwards. Still waiting on drug test and background check results. Also, the online application now features a quiz that will test some basic verbal/math skills.

Interview Question – Team activity - come up with a sales promotion   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Dearborn Heights, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details The interview was very easy and quick . I was called the day after I applied for my interview.I was asked about my skills, work history, hobbies etc. I was given a drug test than told I would be called back soon. last than two days later I was called for orientation. The next day a lady from costumer service called me to work a 6 hour shift. The worse thing about it is I was never trained.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed at Kroger in June 2010.

Interview Details One interview, have to bug the mess out of hiring manager because they are so busy.
Drug test same day as interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Co-Manager Interview

Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger in March 2010.

Interview Details 3 tier interview process. The first interview in a big room with 50 other people interviewing at the same time. Second and Third interview one on one.

Interview Question – What did I dislike about my previous job. Lots of scenario questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger interview questions and advice. All 328 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Kroger employees and interview candidates.