Kohl's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2010.

Interview Details Typically, the interview is a group interview, so there is no need to freak out. They hire seasonally and keep those who their job done effectively while providing good customer service. Multi-tasking is also a major part of this job. Overall, if asked, the customers satisfaction is most important, and if you have something you want to talk about with a supervisor/manager, don't be afraid to ask! communication is important in every job/relationship/ etc.

Customer Service Interview

Watertown, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2012.

Interview Details Group interview. Everyone goes around and answers each question either about past experience or situational behavior. They dismissed who they didn't want to hire and had the rest of us fill out paperwork for reference checks.

Interview Question – Tell us about one time you went above and beyond for a customer to give exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Merchandiser/Replenishment Interview

Rockford, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in March 2012.

Interview Details Applied online and got an interview within two weeks. Interviewed with two different managers. Came back second time for paperwork. Phone call about two days later and hired.

Buying Office Intern Interview

Menomonee Falls, WI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details Interview for internship opportunity was overwhelming.

Interview Question – You are looking at a brick wall: which brick are you?   Answer Question

Management In Training/Assistant Store Manager Interview

Newark, DE (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2010.

Interview Details I was a part of the collegiate recruitment process and did a group interview, then a one on one interview. The group interview part, had two sections; the first was individual questions, and the second was a situation, that the group had to figure out together.

Interview Question – Situational question on handling difficult situations involving other coworkers and other customers.   Answer Question

Sales Member Interview

Redondo Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and I was contacted within a few days. There were 2 other people at the interview, but it was a 1:1 interview. The interviewer asked many questions, but it felt more like a grill due to the fact I had recently graduated from a university. He was very interested on why I wanted to work there having just graduated and kept trying to ask the same question but in different words expecting a different answer every time, but it seemed he was unsatisfied with every answer and was very sarcastic in his tone. As predicted I received a rejection letter about 5 days later.

Interview Question – What do you expect from the company?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Chula Vista, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2014.

Interview Details Group interview than second interview with store manager

Interview Question – Basic customer questions   Answer Question

DC Supv Interview

Aledo, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2012.

Interview Details went through a round of interviews

Interview Question – what did you do in your last job   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online through Snagajob.com and received a call back for an interview within 16 hours.

The Kohl's where I live is somewhat remote, so I ended up getting a one on one interview rather than a group interview. The whole process was very easy. First, I received my phone call on Tuesday telling me to come in at 9:00am on Thursday and speak with the Customer Service desk, which I did when the time came. Then, the Store Manager came and asked me to follow her to her office where I was asked about 5 or 6 very easy questions. I believe the first was something along the lines of "Tell me about yourself". I responded saying "Well, i'm so and so and i've lived here my entire life. I'm currently looking for a place where I can work hard and apply myself.". The second was about my hobbies, "What do you like to do in your spare time?". I told her that I "Love to listen to any time of music as well as riding my bicycle when I get the chance.". Next she asked about my future plans, "What goals do you have for the future?". I said that I would "Be going to college either this year or next and getting a degree in Computer Science.". Then there was one customer situation question. "Do you think the customer is always right?". This question caught me off guard slightly, but I responded with "I believe the customer is always right, but with some exceptions. For example, if they were stealing." She seemed pretty happy with that answer. The the final questions were about any previous experience I had, my availability and where in the store I would like to work. As for the questions I asked her at the end, I asked what the uniforms were like and when I could hear back from her. Uniforms are anything business casual, and she said I could expect a call back by the end of next week.

Overall, it was very easy. Despite only spending about two hours rehearsing, it went very well. It was that simple. The manager was nice and easy to talk to. I didn't bring a resume with me, however she didn't ask for one, so it all worked out in the end. Good luck anyone reading!

Interview Question – Is the customer always right?   View Answer

Associate Interview

Monument, CO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2010.

Interview Details Clear process. They prepare you fairly, they interview you fairly..., they give you an offer.

Interview Question – Straight-forward interview process. If you know who you are, it's not a tough interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate. It's simple hire for a basic job based on lawful minimums.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kohl's

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's interview questions and advice. All 770 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Kohl's employees and interview candidates.