Kohl's

Updated 13 Dec, 2014
Updated 13 Dec, 2014

2.2

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Applied on company website, received an invitation to do an Hire Vue interview about ten minutes later. Was invited to Menomonee Falls corporate HQ for the final round. Immediately evident that they do this process multiple times for the same training class. Interview day consists of presentations by the company and three one on one interviews lasting 20 minutes each. Interviewers are good cop, bad cop and some what bad cop. Then they have you work in an group of people to come up with an strategy for an fictional situation to watch how you work in an group. Not enough time given to discuss each point let alone gather thoughts and come up with an strategy. Large amount of people flown in for very few jobs. Nice recruiters and presenters but it seems as if though there is movement in and out of the company quite quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an time that you had to analyze data for an project and what you learned from it?   View Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

I went on my interview literally the day after I handed in my application and was in and out in 10 minutes. The questions were very simple and mainly consisted on where i'd like to work within the store - an indicator that I had already gotten the job regardless of the questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked was what would I do in the situation of not having an item that a customer was looking for.   Answer Question

Kohl's Part Time Associate Home/Kids Department Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

My application was for a new store opening. They do group interviews. You attend with about 5 other people, and usually two members of the store leadership team sit in and conduct the interview. They ask the usual questions. It's incredibly easy to get an offer, since they are such a large company. They hire based on personality and actively seek a diverse and offbeat associate culture.

Interview Questions
    • They do ask for specific instances of customer service standouts, etc.   Answer Question
    At the lower level, I get the feeling you are pretty much unable to negotiate. But the interview process is hectic, and that could be a big part of it. I would definitely suggest taking time to negotiate your wages - Kohl's management is, in my experience, incredibly generous and flexible, and really does want to meet your needs so you'll be happy working with them.

Point of Sale Associate Interview

I was hired during the holiday season. The interview was not difficult at all. The entire hiring process took around 2-3 weeks. I applied mid-October and was called in for the interview around the starting of November.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in December 2014.

Initial communication by phone, with a follow up of online tests prior to the interview. Interview was scheduled only one day, with two different time options. The interview consisted of one group presentation: finding the solution to a store issue. This was followed by two one on one interviews with the executive team.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in December 2014.

Submitted application online the night before, was contacted the very next morning to set up in person interview at 12 noon that same day. I went to my interview about 20 minutes early, and waited for interviewer to call me. It was a one on one interview, not a group interview like i expected it to be from all the reviews i read. The interviewer was very nice and friendly, and asked me a few questions. Interview process itself was about 10 minutes, after the interview he took me to another room where i filled out some paperwork (background check, references, employers) and told me i was hired, i would be working men's and juniors department, and told me to come to orientation that same night at 6 and to bring my id, social security card, and voided check to get banking info for direct deposit. The whole process took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself...
      Why do you want to work for kohls?
      What position are you most interested in?
      Are you familiar with our kohls charge program and rewards?

Answer Question
    Hourly wage $ 8.05

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Met with a recruiter at my college career fair. Received an initial on campus interview. The interview was fairly straight forward. There was a case question that you receive 10 minutes before the interview that you just go over with the interviewer and then then questions were fairly behavioral. Got asked to interview at their final round at the Milwaukee headquarters. The final round consists of 3 one on one interviews and then a group case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name one time you dealt with a manager you did not get one with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's.

very child like, didn't even ask for my resume.
    I filled out application and turned into store. Next day got a date for an interview. Went into the interview, I was smarter than the interviewer who is the store manager. Didn't ask pertinent questions.
    Didn't offer anything about the store, the type of employee for the type of job being hired for. Hired and told to wait for Orientation date, which was 2 weeks later.

Cosmetics Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kohl's.

Initial interviews here are like corralling cattle. After working here for a time I realized they did this several times a week because they couldn't hang on to their employees. I went through 2 rounds of interviews - on initial and then a return interview for my specific supervisory position. This is a big company and everything they do is formulated.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the right person for this job?   View Answer
    I don't think they negotiate. Everything is formulated.

IT Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

Met with recruiter at job fair, then applied online. A few days later was emailed to set up in On-Campus interview. About 5 days later, got another email saying I was being invited out to Milwaukee for a final interview. Was taken out to dinner with other students, and got a tour of the city. Next day we had interviews and corporate tours.