Kohl's

Getting the Interview

759 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

POS Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details Kind of a hassle, had to have three interviews. Two were group interviews, which were strange.

Interview Question – Biggest mistake in past job   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Interviewed at Kohl's

Interview Details Basic run on the mill questions. If they are hiring you'll get the job.

Very Easy Interview

Arlington, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online through snagajob.com. A few weeks later, I was contacted to come in for an interview. I arrived about 10 minutes early, and was given paperwork to fill out (work history, consent to do a background check, and availability). There was already a man sitting there, filling out his paperwork and waiting for an interview. After a woman had just come out of her interview, the man was taken back to do his interview. As I was sitting there waiting, another girl came in and starting filling out her paperwork for an interview. The interview was 1 on 1 and very straightforward. The interviewer asked me to tell a little bit about myself, why I left my last job (I'm assuming that they call previous employers), why I want to work for Kohl's, do you believe that the customer is always right, do you like to multitask or work on a single task at a time, describe a time when you provided exceptional customer service, would you feel comfortable soliciting credit. At the end of the interview she verified my availability and said they would contact me in a few days after they made a decision. I came out of my interview and there were 3 other people waiting to be called back for their interview. I feel fairly confident about my interview, but I'm a little unsure because there were so many applicants. My interview was 2 days ago, so I haven't heard anything back yet.

Interview Question – I was caught off guard whenever they asked if I felt comfortable soliciting credit because I applied for a sales associate position, not cashier. Apparently sales associates are only required to get two people per month to sign up for a Kohl's card.   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

Mansfield, MA (US)

I interviewed at Kohl's in May 2010.

Interview Details It wasn't generally that unique overall. They were opening a new store so the process seemed a little ruched. But basically met with a hiring manager after submitting and online application. Then from there met with a store manager for a last round interview.

Interview Question – Why work for Kohl's?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details I filled out an application in the store. Manager met with me while I was there.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were put into a difficult situation. How did you handle it? What would you have done differently? How would you apply what you learned in that situation to working for this company.   Answer Question

Floor Associate Interview

Taunton, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2010.

Interview Details I was interviewed and hired quickly but this is only because I knew someone that worked there. It was a bit of a struggle to get an interview.

Interview Details Phone call, group interview, and hired

Interview Question – Basic questions   Answer Question

Area Supervisor Interview

Jensen Beach, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Was called about a month later. Interviewed with store manager. Interview was very informative and went very well, lasted over an hour.

Interview Question – Why Kohl's   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details Phone screen was weird: Mostly in core java and I think I was on speaker phone and each of my answers we being discussed among a team listening cause often times, the person asking me the question, would mute me and come back in a few minutes.

Onsite: Given a linked-list problem. Knocked it off the park. The 2 Managers came in and I answered all their core java, DB questions. Left feeling, I will definitely get an offer. and then COMPLETE SILENCE. I then pinged the recruiter asking for an update. NO ANSWER. Why do I feel the position was not even open?

Interview Question – Nothing really. I felt the managers did not have the depth I had and many times, I could tell, they were hiding their ignorance   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interviewed at Kohl's

Interview Details 2 interviews- one with recruiter, one with DM. Was quite a long process. I had to contact HR a number of times before they got back to me.

Interview Question – Typical management questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kohl's

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's interview questions and advice. All 759 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Kohl's employees and interview candidates.