Kohl's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Kohls Sales Associate
Southaven, MS (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2014.

Interview Details I filled out a application through SnagAJob.com .I started calling everyday and asking for the manager but he was so hard to find.I finally got a hold of him after a few weeks.He told me to come in at 3:00 P.M the next day.I came in early at 2:30 P.M and he didn't come in till 5:15 P.M that day.So I had waited all that time that day dedicated to get a job. When he finally got there he asked me questions and told me he was going to hire me,He lied!

Interview Question – Simple Questions   Answer Question

Merchant Analyst Interview

Merchant Analyst
Menomonee Falls, WI (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details I applies online and spoke with a recruiter over the phone. I was invited to a 2 day event in Milwaukee a few weeks later. It included a very casual networking dinner the night before and the interviews the following morning at corporate. There were three 1:1 interviews with various managers in the buying offices and then a group interview later in the day. They also gave a tour of the corporate office.

Interview Question – Group project/presentation: Should Kohl's go international and offer shipping to other countries? You have 20 minutes to work with a group of other candidates as 3 interviewers observe your interaction.   Answer Question

Beauty Adviser Associate Interview

Beauty Adviser Associate
Wyomissing, PA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details Unfortunately, I didn't have a good interview experience at the Kohl's in my area. A mix up with their online listing led to a bad experience for me and the interviewer.

I applied through Snagajob, which listed the position as "Beauty Sales Associate." In the job requirements section, it said they wanted someone with prior experience in sales, customer service, or working with the public, and a "willingness to apply cosmetics and fragrances" on customers according to state regulations. I have two years' experience as a Sales Associate and I was willing to do makeup applications, so I met the listed requirements. I thought it would be a fun job and I filled out the application.

Four days later, I got a voicemail from the HR department saying they were doing interviews the following morning at 10. Excited, I called back to let them know I'd be there.

When I arrived, the interviewer seemed surprised that I was the only applicant, since it was supposed to be a group interview. He asked for a resume, so make sure to bring one to your interview just in case. After looking it over, he asked if I had previous experience as a beautician or cosmetologist. I let him know I didn't, but I was eager to learn. Then he told me the position was for a Beauty Adviser Associate, and as soon as he said that, a red flag went up.

I thought, wait a minute, I applied for the Beauty -Sales- Associate position! Of course I'm not qualified to be an Adviser! He said prior experience in cosmetology was more or less required. This also concerned me, because I knew the Snagajob listing never mentioned beautician experience as a requirement. All it asked for was a willingness to do makeup applications. None of the application questions asked if I had that experience either.

I thought, the only thing that can explain this is I applied for the wrong position.

He told me that the best opening for me would be somewhere else in the store, but he didn't give specifics as to what department. At that point, we could both sort of tell this wasn't going anywhere.

He asked some routine interview questions and I filled out paperwork just in case they still had another opening. The interviewer got busy and let me know to hand over my papers to the HR woman. She checked over everything, and told me that was it. I didn't see the interviewer again.

When I got back home, I immediately pulled up the listing to see what was going on with this position. Had I mistakenly applied for the Beauty Adviser Associate position instead of the Beauty -Sales- Associate position? When I checked, it turns out that I had applied for the Beauty Sales Associate position like I thought. I double checked the ad to see if required beautician experience was mentioned, but it wasn't.

If I had known the position was for an Adviser instead of a Sales Associate, as the listing specifically said, I would never have applied. I felt misled. The interviewer's time and mine were wasted, and I probably came across as incompetent. I truly wish them well on finding the right applicant, since the interviewer and staff were all really nice and straightforward, but in the end I'm not happy about the mix up. I don't think I'll be applying to Kohl's again.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Cerritos, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

Interview Details I applied and was called for an interview. I did one group interview with maybe 3 questions and got hired. After getting hired, there was a drug screening and background test. I came in and gave my information to the manager and was working within a few days.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. it was a pretty standard interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't find a need to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Any Position Available Interview

Any Position Available
Upland, CA (US)

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied on snag a job, got a call 2 weeks later for a group interview, in the group interview introduce they ask you questions who ever they decide to hire will be held back and the rest of the group leaves who ever stays is hired and will fill out paper work then just wait for a call for orientation. Got a call my my orientation day and was asked if I still wanted the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – 9.05 an hour

Replenishment Associate Interview

Replenishment Associate
Woodhaven, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details The power was out when I arrived to my interview so the associate standing outside give me two options: Reschedule or have the interview outside. I chose to have the interview outside. We were interrupted a few times by customers asking if the store was open, which it wasn't.

Interview Question – The questions were all very simple.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

Interview Details When I was interviewed (in 2011) it was a group interview. Not sure if that's changed. Hiring process fairly easy, training is all done on the computer and then you're kinda thrown into shadowing for about 2 days. POS training is about 2 hours long. It's easy to pick up on though so don't be afraid to just jump in and ask questions!

Interview Question – "Why should we hire you?"   Answer Question

Freight Associate Interview

Freight Associate
Monrovia, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2012.

Interview Details Apply online and just give them a call a few days later. During holiday hiring they have hundreds of potential interviews. You will start in a group interview and they will ask you the basic questions you've been asked before, such as; "What is great customer service to you?". Best advice here is just try to stand out, they want someone outgoing. After that they could give you a second interview right away or they will call you a bit later. The second interview pertains more to where they want to put you so it'll be questions about lifting things or sellings cards. If you can do what they want and have decent availability then you're golden.

Interview Question – Alot of personality questions in the group interview so be ready to be vague.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details Started as a Manager-In-Training interview was completed on campus, 3 1-1 interview and a group interview portion. These seems like similar questions managerial based, team based questions, leadership and behavior questions as well. Group portion was acting as a management team and prioritizing tasks together to rank importance.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation, signing bonus of 2k

Sales Floor Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details I submitted an online resume and was called for an interview within a few days. It was a group interview. It began with us filling out applications even though we had already filled them out online. Then the interviewer went around asking each of the 4 applicants typical interview questions.

Interview Question – What would your last employer say is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!