King Soopers

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Floral Department Interview

Floral Department

I applied online and interviewed at King Soopers.

Interview Details I applied online and immediately began receiving emails from a careerlink and career rookie. I was being bombarded with every entry job in the area not exclusive to King Soopers (KS). No one ever called me from KS so I called them. Because the KS application process in so awful, so amateurish, and they ask for a SSN, I feared my info had been misused. I called the HR at the Ohio headquarters. After much conversation and her telling me I must have applied to a recruiter, I finally got her to check if I had an active application. I did. Well now, that answers all the questions doesn't it? KS really needs to get their own hiring process and system.

Very Easy Interview

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Broomfield, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at King Soopers in April 2014.

Interview Details I have one interview and she was very nice, quit a shock when I started and met the Store Manager. Very snotty and ignorant as to what we are trained on.

Negotiation Details – There really wasnt one.

Very Easy Interview

Night Crew Interview

Night Crew

I applied online and interviewed at King Soopers.

Interview Details They interviewed me for close to an hour but helped me fill out all of the w4 forms. The lady who interviewed me was nice enough but would not look me in the eyes and it made me very uncomfortable. She kept having to leave the office and ask her coworkers questions

Interview Question – "Why do you want to work for king soopers?"   View Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at King Soopers in April 2012.

Interview Details telephone interview

Interview Question – what are your future plans?   Answer Question

Intern Pharmacist Interview

Intern Pharmacist
Lakewood, CO (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at King Soopers.

Interview Details It was very straight forward. They ask you about why Kroger? Basic questions about your pharmacy experience. I went through my school so it was relatively easier.

Interview Question – Leadership questions threw me off a bit!   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Conifer, CO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at King Soopers.

Interview Details King Soopers takes the time to find good people for each position. Basic math skills and situational math questions using fractions were part of the interview. Professionalism and customer service is stressed as it should be and appreciated.

Interview Question – Maybe schedule flexibility. Schedules are only posted 1 day to a few days in advance so they are not family friendly especially for part-time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay scales are set and not negotiable as far as I experienced.

Cake Decorator Interview

Cake Decorator
Highlands Ranch, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at King Soopers in August 2013.

Interview Details I simply applied online and got a call back the day after. I went in, answered easy questions, did a mouth swab, and agreed to submit a background check. Four days later I was hired and working.

Interview Question – Would you rather work in the Bakery or Deli? Bakery obviously.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Started at 9.10 even though I knew I could perform the job functions well. Ten dollars is what everyone stated I should get with my artistic ability, but it was declined. I accepted the offer anyways only to learn the job in less than a week and was the official full-timer within that time as well.

Grocery Night Clerk Interview

Grocery Night Clerk
Littleton, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at King Soopers in May 2010.

Interview Details Interview was well organized and professional.

Interview Question – Give me an example....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She said my work ethic made her feel comfortable putting me in a stocking position.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk
Lakewood, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at King Soopers in April 2013.

Interview Details I'd be lying if I said it was hard. All I did was show up for the interview. They said here's the info on the job, and asked if I could do it. It was easy enough.

Interview Question – Honestly, there are too many of these moments to choose from.   Answer Question

Head Clerk Interview

Head Clerk
Denver, CO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at King Soopers in April 2009.

Interview Details Horrible Application process: timed, repeated questions, to much personal info they do not need to know.
Drug test was mouth swab in office at time of interview
Additional training tests administered to see what you know about the business possibly right after interview
30 day probationary period can be extended to 45 days
may ask information about application if there is different response to the same question
mostly general questions you would expect at an interview otherwise

Interviews for Top Jobs at King Soopers

Worked for King Soopers? Contribute to the Community!