Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated 3 Apr, 2015
Updated 3 Apr, 2015

2.5

Certified Nursing Assitstant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Kansas City, MO (US)).

Interview

Did in online application 3days a call back from recruit did a one on one interview unprofessional she was in her phone the whole time went on to do a group interview

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call within 2 weeks. I did the face to face interview within a week. I waited to heard back from them and got a call back for orientation within two weeks. Came back for orientation 1 week later.

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Livermore, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Open interview day, me and a few other people were there to fill out paperwork and once we finished, the staffing managers asked questions about experiences and about yourself individually.

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Vacaville, CA (US)).

Interview

First day I interviewed with the branch manager. A very nice and energetic lady. Second day I met with her regional manager. The interview overall was simple. They explained about the job and the duties. They are looking for a good fit, someone who will be there long term. After the second interview he said it would take two weeks to hear back still have another week to go.

Director of Nursing Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Interview

I was prescreened by a recruiter who set me up with an interview with the administrator that lasted 4 hours. The next day I had a brief interview with the district nurse and was offered the job later that day.

Interview Questions

• The administrator talked for about 2 hours about himself. He stated if we were going to work together, he wanted me to know about him.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was happy with what I was offered.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online application. Called by DON. Met the next day. He was very friendly and already aware of my limited experience as a new grad nurse. I was offered the job at the end of the interview. The background check took just over 2 weeks. Orientation and training is offered for a minimum of 4 shifts.

Interview Questions

• What would you do of you discovered a patient unconscious and determined there is no pulse?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you seen that a CNA was not keeping up with his/her workload?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered an above market rate for a new grad in this type of facility and location.

Nursing Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Interview

They called to set up an interview for a position, and upon returning call within 24 hours, never received a call back. Attempted again, within a few hours, and still no answer from recruiter.

CNA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Interview

Filled out an app online and a couple days later i received a call wanting to set up interview. Went in for interview and went to the SDC office and she asked some basic questions. Asked why I wanted the job. What could i bring to the company. And went over pay and then had an immediate 2nd interview with the DON

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none. Go for higher pay

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

Met with the Regional Manager. Interview went VERY well. Was informed I would be contacted by phone by the director.. That interview did not go well due to lack of communication of the questions by the director.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite superhero power if you had one and why?   1 Answer

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Newark, OH (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied and hadn't heard back so I called and still didn't hear back. Finally I received a call from corporate and had a phone interview which went well. Basically they asked about my precious work experience and schooling. She then set up an interview with me. I went in and waited almost a half hour for the director of nursing to come get me for my interview. She asked basic questions and offered me the job. I was given an unintentional tour as it was near impossible to find anyone in the building to process my paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were to find a patient in their room unresponsive?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle two STNAs arguing loudly in the hallways?   Answer Question
    • If I spoke to your previous employers, what would they say about your attendance?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am a new grad so I was pretty much given the base pay but with shift differentials I am happy with the offer. I took the last night shift LPN job available so the hours were not what I had hoped for but will work.