Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.4

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2013.

They called me the day after I submitted my online application to set up an interview. I interviewed the following day. I hadn't taken my NCLEX-RN exam yet, but they extended me a conditional job offer that was contigent on me passing the NCLEX. I took the NCLEX the next Thursday and began orientation the next Monday.

Interview Questions
    • None - they only asked me three questions. I also did a pre-employment drug test at the end of the interview and background test.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. The salary is the salary.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in September 2014.

I applied and hadn't heard back so I called and still didn't hear back. Finally I received a call from corporate and had a phone interview which went well. Basically they asked about my precious work experience and schooling. She then set up an interview with me. I went in and waited almost a half hour for the director of nursing to come get me for my interview. She asked basic questions and offered me the job. I was given an unintentional tour as it was near impossible to find anyone in the building to process my paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were to find a patient in their room unresponsive?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle two STNAs arguing loudly in the hallways?   Answer Question
    • If I spoke to your previous employers, what would they say about your attendance?   Answer Question
    I am a new grad so I was pretty much given the base pay but with shift differentials I am happy with the offer. I took the last night shift LPN job available so the hours were not what I had hoped for but will work.

RN (Registered Nurse ASN) Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

I filled out an application online and got a call back about 3 weeks later to set up an interview. The first interview was one on one, then the second part was a panel interview. No case studies or clinical questions. Very easy, common sense answers.

Interview Questions
    • (Paraphrasing) Tell me about a time there was a change at work you didn't agree with and how did you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in May 2010.

I met with the E.D, DON & the SSD and interviewed with all of them. They wanted to know how I death with difficult residents and families. Wanted details about previous state inspections I had been through and how it went.

Pretty straight forward

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in July 2013.

Easy interview, showed me around the whole hospital and introduced me to everyone. I then went before a panel of interviewers and they asked me more questions, the basic questions.

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

There were two very different people when I interviewed: The rehab manager of the facility and the recruiter who I spoke with by phone. The manager was very friendly, but clearly untrained in the hiring process. During the in-person interview, I was asked if I had children and also told that she checked my age when running my background check because she "couldn't guess" how old I was (both are illegal). The recruiter was interesting. The negotiation process started with an offer of less than I was currently making and only went up enough to be an even salary, but with worse benefits. She asked if I'd consider it a "lateral move" to go from an acute care/rehab setting with a team of 6 SLPs to be the only SLP at a SNF. The original offer was $29/hr with 3hrs/wk of ET with 3 - 4 years of experience.

Interview Questions
    • "I always ask the therapists without kids to not take any time off during school vacation weeks. Do you have kids?"   Answer Question

Low offer, poor benefits package, low earned-time.

Licensed Practical Nurse - Charge Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenfield, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, IN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2013.

Easy initial interview with the SDC, tour of facility, met briefly with DON & ADON. was offered a position at the end of the interview. Filled out paperwork for background check, urine drug screen & waited a few days for background clearance. Immediately started 5 day orientation, followed nursing staff the following week for a few shifts then "voila" rec'd my own assignment. I felt it was a fairly standard interview/training process for nursing homes. No complaints abt it really..

Interview Questions
    • None, was asked a few "interview/situational" type questions but none that stumped me   Answer Question
    On my schedule - yes. On my starting pay - no.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwood, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2011.

There is an online application with a follow up recruiter phone call. The initial interview is with the nurse manager and a second interview with a panel. The atmosphere is casual but tenuous.

Interview Questions
    • The panel interview asks the typical questions, yet they also want something personal. They asked, "What is the worst mistake you have ever made?"   View Answer
    They have a set salary schedule and your experience determines rate of pay

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elkhart, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2014.

I had two detailed interviews, supervisors put all the positives and negatives on the line so you knew what you were walking into. I liked the honesty the most, it was even said "no this is not an easy place to work but we are all here for the patients". I would rather hear the truth then false promises

Interview Questions
    • I think the questions were standard as every nursing facility but the questions did point out there strengths as well as the things they are working on and I met with both the ADON and several days later the DON and both were very nice and friendly. They asked questions about what pay I expected, what shift I wanted, explained why they schedule the way they do...to remain fair!   View Answer

Director of Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilkes-Barre, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA (US)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in October 2013.

Met with a very motivated Chief Clinical Officer. Discussed postive and negative issues related with the facility. She did not paint an unrealistic picture of the daily functioning of the hospital. She was very positive and made me feel as though I would be a very welcomed addition to the team.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a willinigness to come in on the night shift (7p-7a).   View Answer
    Offer, counter-offered via phone with director of corporate office

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!