Kindred Healthcare

50 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Moscow, ID (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in November 2010.

Interview Details Very casual. Interviewed by Executive Director and he basically went over the highlights of the job and asked me if I was capable of accomplishing the duties.

Interview Question – Can I expect the lowest possible wage for the job? Starting Wage $13.95 an hour.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating a rock bottom salary of $13.95 an hour. I had a choice take this extremely low paying job or have NO job.

Controller Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Interview Details Interview with site CEO, 2nd interview with regional CFO, 3rd interview with group panel

Negotiation Details – Pay range was pre- selected and benefits were non-negotiable

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Pleasant Hill, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2013.

Interview Details Met with Western Region VP in a small conference room. Business casual dress.

Interview Question – There weren't any... he seemed nice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All is handled through in-house recruiters. They would not budge on the offer so I contacted the VP directly (via email) and he called me back and met my salary request halfway.

Social Services Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in August 2013.

Interview Details I received a phone call that they has received my resume and were interested in me coming in for an interview. I cam in and was contacted the next day to come in again to meet with another manager. I was called back that same day or the next and was told that I was being offered the position and I accepted at $20/hr

Interview Question – What are your biggest strengths and limitations?   Answer Question

District Director of Case Management Interview

District Director of Case Management
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in February 2010.

Interview Details Recruiter contacted me after see my resume on a job sight. Interview was set-up with DO and RDCM and the District office that the position would be located out of. They both was very forth coming with information in regards to the status of the facilities that I would have.

Interview Question – None, I was very prepared. I had done my research on the company prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not major issue. They made offer and I counter and they recounter and we came to agreement.

Physical Therapist Interview

Physical Therapist
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2011.

Interview Details Very easy phone interview

Interview Question – What would you do if someone told you that another therapist lied about treating a patient?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Named my price and that was it

RN (Registered Nurse ASN) Interview

RN (Registered Nurse ASN)
Pasadena, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2011.

Interview Details Interviewed with Nursing Manager and CNO. No opportunity to meet with direct patient care staff.

Interview Question – They were very kind and excited during the interview. Nothing unexpected or difficult experienced.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was informed that there were no negotiations offered. All based on experience and years of service tier.

Materials Management and Purchasing Interview

Materials Management and Purchasing
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in August 2013.

Interview Details Wasnt hard just an interview and a backround check. All of the tb tests and any other medical check gets done in house. However the background check took alittle over a month to complete and that was a rushed job. The standard back ground check here takes two months on average so be prepared to wait a while. In other words have a job while you wait.

Interview Question – Were did I want to be in the next 3 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There isnt much room at all for negotiations here so be prepared to accept what is offered.

Implementation Services Trainer Interview

Louisville, KY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2012.

Interview Details There is an initial screening where you have to submit a video of yourself training something to your contract house. If they like you they pass you on to the Kindred. There is a phone interview which lasts for 30 minutes basically about how you handle your training class and some behavioral questions. If you pass the phone interview you are flown to Louisville to be interviewed by 4 people at once. They let you know if you got the job the same day.

Interview Question – In person you might be asked to do a short training on something you didn't prepare for. They try to throw you off your square to see if you can think on your feet. If you're a good trainer, this won't be a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You negotiate with your contract house. It was painless.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in March 2009.

Interview Details The hiring process is long and drawn out. Expect to come to 2 interviews, one with appropriate department head and another with peer group.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kindred Healthcare

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Kindred Healthcare Videos

Kindred Healthcare – Why Work for Us?

KINDRED HEALTHCARE Our transitional care hospitals (certified as long-term acute care hospitals and licensed as acute care hospitals) provide high-intensity medical care to patients who need extended hospital stays… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kindred Healthcare interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Kindred Healthcare employees and interview candidates.