KeyBank Teller Interview Questions

Updated 17 Mar, 2015

2.4

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

In total it took almost 8 weeks from online application to start date (2 of which were to give my notice at my current job, I also had three interviews, fingerprinting, etc.)

Interview Questions

• I see you don't have prior banking experience. How does your prior work experience qualify you for the job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KeyBank

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canby, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at KeyBank (Canby, OR (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process consists of entering an application online. After a couple weeks I received a phone call asking me a couple questions then they told me about an interview had my interview which was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to work for a company like keybank?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was my first time I playing at the Tower I did no negotiation. Also I was able to move up to a different position really quickly within 3 months.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suffern, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank (Suffern, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was quite good and asked very general questions. First i got call for the phone interview and told me that she will send me an email regarding the confirmation of the interview (but didn't received any email), then set an one on one interview in the branch with the manager.
    Night before interview received call from the manager that he wanted to reschedule the interview and will call me next day but didn't received call. after two days got call for the new time for the interview. they need experienced person, didn't have any experience from USA at that time, i have international banking experience
    It was about an hour long interview,

1.Are you comfortable recommending financial services to clients?
    2.This location is very slow, how would you bring more business to this location?
    3.Describe your abilities with a computer on a scale of 1-10?
    4.Talk about any leadership experience you've had?
    5.How would you handle a coworker not doing her job?
    6.Tell me about a time you were faced with an unhappy customer. How did you handle it?
    7.Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for the customer?
    8.cold calling?

Interview Questions

• Location is very slow how you bring business other than customer service?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at KeyBank (South Bend, IN (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I was asked three to four times how well did I handled stress. My interview was pretty much a discussion about what I have done in the past (previous banking experience) and how familiar was I with selling. The job has selling goals that are expected to be met to be considered an employee doing satisfactory work.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stress?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in April 2014.

Interview

The HR people are very bad at getting back to you if you get the job or not. It took a month before I even heard that I had an interview. You first do an over the phone interview with HR then if they think you're a good fit they will set you up for a 2nd interview. After both of the interviews they make you take a drug test, they want W2's from old jobs verifiyng that you actually worked at those places they also run extensive back ground checks and fingerprinting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty easy, start high for pay

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KeyBank (Boulder, CO (US)).

Interview

Word of advice: paste your resume up everywhere you can. And be prepared for a lengthy interview process, took nearly a month all together.

I was contacted by an extremely pleasant recruiter via email asking me if I were interested in applying for a position. We scheduled a short phone interview. I then was asked to fill out the online application where there was a Virtual Tryout. You basically get tested on how you perform as a teller. There's multiple choice and some short answer questions. I scored high enough to get a an in-person interview with the head teller and branch manager. Lots of typical questions and situational explanations from past jobs.

After that, I was contacted by HR to authorize a background check, and schedule a drug test/fingerprinting. Be advised, you may have to travel outside your town to find a local clinic that KeyBank works with. After my drug test was cleared HR asked me to send some proof of employment for two jobs they had a hard time contacting (it was winter break, so the university was closed).

Finally I got a letter in the mail as well as a congratulatory email from everyone involved in the process saying they were excited to have me. Everyone at the Boulder branch is extremely nice and helped this otherwise cumbersome process go pretty smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too out of the ordinary in the face-to-face interview, but the short answer questions in the Virtual Tryout threw me off and they're timed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had the HR lady contact me over the phone and I asked her during the second phone interview if the dollar amount was reasonable. I did lots of research ahead of time, so they saw me as being reasonable and gave me my requested salary.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

Applied online, they have you do a virtual teller test. HR will contact you if they want you to schedule an in branch interview. At the next interview, you will meet someone to interview you and ask you typical interview questions.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

Apply online for a number of positions, wait for a couple weeks, get an emailed virtual job tryout, wait a week, get a phone interview, wait a week, get an interview with the District Ops Manager, wait a week, get an interview with the branch management, wait a week, get an offer and instructions to go get drug tested while they do background checks, wait two weeks, start.

Interview Questions

• None, all the typical questions. Hard client experience, management/coworker difficulty, great customer experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Was immediately told the offer stands as is.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

After completing the online application there was a Virtual Teller Tryout. Received phone screen from HR the next week. Interviewed two days later. The interview took place with the Relationship Manager as well as a Regional Manager. Interview questions were basic. Interviewers were trying to get a sense as to whether or not you could sell different services to clients. Accepted job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience meeting quotas?
      Are you comfortable recommending financial services to clients?

Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at KeyBank (Moses Lake, WA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Since I was a current client to KeyBank I heard the position and talked with the Tellers/Lead Teller about it before hand. Since they already knew me the interview was quick and easy. Alot was already known.