KeyBank

Updated 28 Nov, 2014

2.4

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canby, OR (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canby, OR (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in November 2014.

The interview process consists of entering an application online. After a couple weeks I received a phone call asking me a couple questions then they told me about an interview had my interview which was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you decide to work for a company like keybank?   Answer Question
Since it was my first time I playing at the Tower I did no negotiation. Also I was able to move up to a different position really quickly within 3 months.

Other Interview Reviews for KeyBank

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffern, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffern, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in October 2014.

Interview was quite good and asked very general questions. First i got call for the phone interview and told me that she will send me an email regarding the confirmation of the interview (but didn't received any email), then set an one on one interview in the branch with the manager.
    Night before interview received call from the manager that he wanted to reschedule the interview and will call me next day but didn't received call. after two days got call for the new time for the interview. they need experienced person, didn't have any experience from USA at that time, i have international banking experience
    It was about an hour long interview,

1.Are you comfortable recommending financial services to clients?
    2.This location is very slow, how would you bring more business to this location?
    3.Describe your abilities with a computer on a scale of 1-10?
    4.Talk about any leadership experience you've had?
    5.How would you handle a coworker not doing her job?
    6.Tell me about a time you were faced with an unhappy customer. How did you handle it?
    7.Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for the customer?
    8.cold calling?

Interview Questions
    • Location is very slow how you bring business other than customer service?   View Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KeyBank.

Word of advice: paste your resume up everywhere you can. And be prepared for a lengthy interview process, took nearly a month all together.

I was contacted by an extremely pleasant recruiter via email asking me if I were interested in applying for a position. We scheduled a short phone interview. I then was asked to fill out the online application where there was a Virtual Tryout. You basically get tested on how you perform as a teller. There's multiple choice and some short answer questions. I scored high enough to get a an in-person interview with the head teller and branch manager. Lots of typical questions and situational explanations from past jobs.

After that, I was contacted by HR to authorize a background check, and schedule a drug test/fingerprinting. Be advised, you may have to travel outside your town to find a local clinic that KeyBank works with. After my drug test was cleared HR asked me to send some proof of employment for two jobs they had a hard time contacting (it was winter break, so the university was closed).

Finally I got a letter in the mail as well as a congratulatory email from everyone involved in the process saying they were excited to have me. Everyone at the Boulder branch is extremely nice and helped this otherwise cumbersome process go pretty smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary in the face-to-face interview, but the short answer questions in the Virtual Tryout threw me off and they're timed.   Answer Question
    I had the HR lady contact me over the phone and I asked her during the second phone interview if the dollar amount was reasonable. I did lots of research ahead of time, so they saw me as being reasonable and gave me my requested salary.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank.

Applied online, they have you do a virtual teller test. HR will contact you if they want you to schedule an in branch interview. At the next interview, you will meet someone to interview you and ask you typical interview questions.

no negotiation

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank.

Apply online for a number of positions, wait for a couple weeks, get an emailed virtual job tryout, wait a week, get a phone interview, wait a week, get an interview with the District Ops Manager, wait a week, get an interview with the branch management, wait a week, get an offer and instructions to go get drug tested while they do background checks, wait two weeks, start.

Interview Questions
    • None, all the typical questions. Hard client experience, management/coworker difficulty, great customer experience, etc.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Was immediately told the offer stands as is.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in October 2012.

After completing the online application there was a Virtual Teller Tryout. Received phone screen from HR the next week. Interviewed two days later. The interview took place with the Relationship Manager as well as a Regional Manager. Interview questions were basic. Interviewers were trying to get a sense as to whether or not you could sell different services to clients. Accepted job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience meeting quotas?
      Are you comfortable recommending financial services to clients?

Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at KeyBank in September 2012.

Since I was a current client to KeyBank I heard the position and talked with the Tellers/Lead Teller about it before hand. Since they already knew me the interview was quick and easy. Alot was already known.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at KeyBank in August 2012.

Interview process was very simple, came into the branch and met with the client service manager as well as the branch manager. Asked me a few simple questions and was done.

Interview Questions
    • "this location is very slow, how would you bring more business to this location?"   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in May 2012.

First skill test, then phone interview, then in person interview with 2 managers, then drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your abilities with a computer on a scale of 1-10.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodinville, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodinville, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in March 2012.

After completing an online application, I received an invitation to complete a 'virtual screening', which was an online series of questions ranging from questions about how you would handle specific situations (multiple choice) to 'math type' questions. After passing that screen, I was invited to an 'interview day' in their corporate office, which took place almost a month later. I've done panel interviews before (both as an interviewer and as an interviewee), but this was the first time I'd ever heard of a group interview, where there were several of us (5) who were applying for the same position in the same room, all being asked questions (individually, one at a time) by a panel of 4 or 5 company managers. (I have since learned that this seems to be fairly common in the banking industry for teller positions.) None of us was asked the same question, with the exception of some basic questions about our backgrounds and which branch we were looking to work at. All the situational questions asked of each of us were different. Following that process, which took about an hour, we took about a 10-minute break, at which point each of the managers came back and took each of us separately into a different room for a 1:1 interview. Based on the description of the job during the process, I realized that it was probably not something I wanted to do, and pretty much took myself out of the running during the 1:1 interview, however I felt comfortable during the interview and it was very well handled by all of the managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or client? What happened, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question