Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct, 2014
Updated 23 Oct, 2014

2.9

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Work with a recuriter at Kaiser Permanente. It is difficult to get the initial interview unless you have the experience. Use trigger words in your resume; otherwise, your resume will never be seen.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handled mutliple managers who work in different verticles?   Answer Question

Staff Nurse II Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Applied online through website, got called by HR after a few weeks, interviewed and forwarded resume to hiring manager. Got a panel interview with the managers, offered the position and accepted. Got offer letter, background check, drug screen, then physical. Whole process took over a month. It was the background check that took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    Got an offer based on my work experience

Configuration Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

I knew a manager that gave me the contact info of the hiring manager. I emailed and heard back within 30 minutes, we set up a call for the next day and had a 40 minute conversation about work experiences and what the role would be like. I was susprised the next step was working with the on boarding recruiter about finalizing the offer. I received the offer in a day and I countered with 6% increase in salary and they gave me what I asked for. Very quick and concise hiring process. Comprehensive background check.

Interview Questions
    I countered for 6% for more money and got it and I am eligible for the bonus structure at end of year.

Staff Assistant Interview

Website is hard to navigate but you will get used to it, build a profile and applying for jobs is so easy.
    Recruiter will contact you and have a short informal interview with you regarding your experiences.
    Recruiter will forward your contact info to manager and they will contact you for an interview.

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in October 2014.

it was a group interview consists of 30 applicates for 3 openings. it was setup in a classroom, where we had to stand up in front of the class and introduce ourselves( it was nerve recking) at the end they will call out names and ask them to stay in the class and those who don't hear their names have to leave. i didn't hear my name so i left. this is the second time i attend an interview with kaiser. i will try again maybe the third time is a charm.

Interview Questions
    • we were asked to get in groups of three and learn as much as we can about each other then come up in front of the class and introduce both people to the recruiter and to the classroom for one minute.   View Answer

Kaiser Permanente Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Smooth process that was well-run. I think they're looking for genuine interest in healthcare-don't both applying unless you do, both because they'll be able to tell in your interview and because the work won't drive you. An amazing company to work for doing amazing things in the community--if you're interested in improving peoples' health, this is a great place to do it.

Interview Questions
    • None that stick out, but make sure you're familiar with KP and the industry.   Answer Question

Senior Contract Analyst Interview

I was contacted via phone by the HR recruiter and had a screening interview with the recruiter. That was followed up by an interview with the hiring manager. Then the recruiter contacted me with the job offer and we went through some negotiations. It was a pretty process.

PeopleSoft Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Kaiser doesn't screen resumes directly for these relatively smaller positions, like mine. They've external HR consultancies to do that. I submitted to a third party, who had a quick response (I've lots of experience with the tool) and had a lengthy chat. Once that was done, she asked me for three times / days to be available for an interview. KP Interview panel had 7 people at various levels and the interview was over in just 2 hours where the questions ranged from the application knowledge, domain knowledge, skill sets and SDLC knowledge, business process and some written documents. After that I was called in for a face to face and that was done in another hour or so. Relatively easy process, if you know the tool. Some of the senior analysts, who did the face to face, are more hands on and have been using the tools, know the domain inside out. I finally met the director and he was hands on and very helpful. Strangely for a non-IT company, KP has excellent IT culture which I liked a lot. Overall a very professional and positive environment.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in September 2014.

Applied online to a few positions with different locations over about 6 months. Not really actively trying. Once I reached 2 years experience in the field, they called within a couple weeks. Interviewed at one location but was turned down (I did a terrible interview so I wasn't surprised) but they passed my name on to other hiring managers (surprising because of the first terrible interview). I set up a second interview with the managers from other locations, more prepared this time. They asked the exact same questions and told me they would call by the following Friday with a yes or no. They called the next day and offered me the job at my preferred location (not the first one I interviewed with, they let me choose). It was very pleasant and professional in all regards.

Interview Questions
    • How do I handle unhappy customers? Give specific examples.   Answer Question
    • Have I ever worked with someone who did not pull their own weight? Give specific examples of how I handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • Have I ever not gotten along with a coworker regarding culture, religion, etc.? Specific example of how I handled it?   Answer Question
    • How often am I late? And how often do I call out sick? (I understand this is the most important quality to the company)   Answer Question
    The pay rate is set by the union from what I understand, but it is an excellent wage for the amount of education I have.

APPOINTMENT CLERK Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in September 2014.

There was a group Interview of about 20 people. The panel was very positive and friendly. They gave off a really nice vibe. That helped, considering the anxiety of interviewing with so many people. They were pretty up front about the " ugly" of the job as well as the "perks". All of the questions were pretty standard and expected. Its been a week and I have not heard anything yet. Great pay, but if you are " on call" there are no benefits just yet. You only qualify for benefits once you become part time or full time.

Interview Questions
    • I felt like I prepared very well for my interview, did lots of research on the company. The first question they asked was:

If you could be an animal, what would it be and why? I was caught off guard with that one.
        Answer Question