KPMG US Tax Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

19 interviews

3.2

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2014.

My first interview was an on campus interview. That week they called to tell me that they wanted me to go to their office. I interacted with the staff through social events and everyone was really nice. On the day of the office visit I had two "interviews" which were more of casual conversation with the managers. Afterwards, there was a panel where you could ask them questions, and then they treat me to lunch.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Tax Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Applied through university career website. The first interview was with a partner. He was really nice and I liked him very much. The interview was for about 30 minutes, and I was surprised that he asked me only few questions (Maybe that was enough for him). The questions were pretty much behavioral. He asked me if I have any questions, and I asked few until time ran out. I think it was 15 minutes of me talking and 15 minutes of him talking. I got a phone call in 3-4 business days about second round of interview at the office. I interviewed with 2 partners there. It was same idea - no technical questions. I think they want to see if they like you and you will be a good fit. UPDATE: The second round interview was on Friday, and I got a phone call on Monday morning from the recruiting manager telling me that I got the internship. I really like how the process with KPMG is super quick!

Tax Intern Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. went to the first round.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

Two rounds interview. One on campus, one on site. it went very well for the first round. I had a great experience in talking with the tax manager. There were several team work project during the second round interview. the questions in second round were quite standard.Get good prepared for that. They are kind of slow in deciding the final result.

Interview Questions
    • Standard question.
      Eg. Tell me your team work experience.
        Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2012.

Walk me through your resume?
    Experience in Transfer Pricing?

Interview Questions
    A phone call with the salary ready, it seems to be the same salary of $3666 per month for all interns.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2012.

Applied through campus career services, and had three interviews--two with partners and one with a manager. Both rounds of interviews were preceded by pre-interview dinners, although the people I interviewed with weren't present at either. Manager interview was very standard, partner interviews were more free-flowing, and focused much more on interests. All of the questions were behavioral, and there was lots of time for my own questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you apply to be in this group?   View Answer

Tax Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Hiring process was very drawn out. 2 interviews in total. Both behavioral in nature. Final round was at the office meeting with the senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you dealt with an ethical issue?   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New Orleans, LA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

Applied through on-campus interview program. Pre-interview dinner the night before with all candidates applying to KPMG. The dinner was mainly to get to know the interviewers for the following day. First interview was one on one and was conversational with no behavioral questions. Was e-mailed about a week and a half later for second interview. Second interview was office visit and was very brief (only 30 minutes with conversational questions again).

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2012.

I went to a pre-interview dinner which helped get to know the bosses. The interviewer asked about my leadership skills, education, and community service. It wasn't "hard" but then again I had already networked with the employers on campus before the actual interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no need to negotiate. I was very pleased with my salary offer (plus signing bonus).

Tax Intern Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

It was a surprisingly informal process with lots of opportunities to speak to different members of the firm. The questions seemed very traditional--favorite classes, where do you see yourself in 10 years, what have you learned from past internships, best qualities you see in yourself, applicable skills, etc. A refreshing interview process for a big four firm!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was probably where I would see myself in ten years.   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!