KPMG US Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct, 2014

2.9

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

1st interview was behavioural based and quite generic. 2nd interview really depends on the partner and managers you get paired up with. Expect the typical questions such as why kpmg, why tax, why cpa, tell me about yourself. My interviewers went over my resume and asked questions here and there.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

2 interviews
    - 1st interview was one to one - pretty standard questions
    - 2nd was about 4 hour interview where you met 1 partner, 1 manager and had lunch with two of the associates.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, you just need to be able to carry the conversation and look interested.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US.

First round interview was very friendly and relaxed. Didn't ask anything unexpected. They really wanted to know why I was going into tax, what I was passionate about, and how well I had thought through the public accounting profession. The interviewer was excellent and led the conversation well. I was impressed with her. I could tell she was looking to determine not what I knew about tax, but more about how intelligent of a person I was overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

The campus recruiter was too serious which made me very nervous in the interview. Questions he asked were all about behavior. I performed very well in the beginning, but felt much more nervous later.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Casual pre-interview event on campus, 30 minute campus interview with Senior Associate (audit), then 30 minute phone interview with a Tax Partner about a week or two later. Mostly basic behavioral questions and general about yourself, your direction/career aspirations, and your accomplishments. Both interviewers were very nice.

Tax Associate Interview

Go to the pre-interview mixer. It is great to meet with the interviewer before in a relaxed setting.It is also good to see who else is getting interviewed and compare your skills with theirs in order to determine what to highlight and how to differentiate yourself from the rest of the crowd.

Tax Associate Interview

Submitted resume via university careerlink. Got first round on-campus interview with a manager. Lasted about 30 minutes. Nothing unexpected, approximately four to five behavioral quesions. Be prepared to ask your questions.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

2nd-round Interview at their office. First was a meet and greet with the tax department of the firm, then broke off for 1-on-1 interviews. Started off conversational but had a few behavioral questions as well. Nothing technical. Followed it up with a presentation to all the recruits there and then a reception (wet).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you encountered in a group setting   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US.

I went through KPMG first round campus interview. It was very straight forward, not very conversational. I was asked about 4-5 behavioral questions and my interviewer wrote down something quickly. I also asked some questions like what's the company's management style.

Interview Questions
    • Show me an example how you over come a learning curve.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

A recruiter comes to your school, you submit your resume to them. You get an email for an interview if they are interested. You interview with 2-3 managers. If they like you, you hear back within 1-2 weeks. Fill out the job application, wait for them to do a background check, and then get the offer letter with 2 weeks to accept it.

Interview Questions
    • One manager simply asked "tell me about yourself" at the start, and then did not speak again until the half hour was up, and simply ended with "thank you".   Answer Question