KPMG US Tax Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC
Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

1st interview was behavioural based and quite generic. 2nd interview really depends on the partner and managers you get paired up with. Expect the typical questions such as why kpmg, why tax, why cpa, tell me about yourself. My interviewers went over my resume and asked questions here and there.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

2 interviews
    - 1st interview was one to one - pretty standard questions
    - 2nd was about 4 hour interview where you met 1 partner, 1 manager and had lunch with two of the associates.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, you just need to be able to carry the conversation and look interested.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US.

I went through KPMG first round campus interview. It was very straight forward, not very conversational. I was asked about 4-5 behavioral questions and my interviewer wrote down something quickly. I also asked some questions like what's the company's management style.

Interview Questions
    • Show me an example how you over come a learning curve.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

A recruiter comes to your school, you submit your resume to them. You get an email for an interview if they are interested. You interview with 2-3 managers. If they like you, you hear back within 1-2 weeks. Fill out the job application, wait for them to do a background check, and then get the offer letter with 2 weeks to accept it.

Interview Questions
    • One manager simply asked "tell me about yourself" at the start, and then did not speak again until the half hour was up, and simply ended with "thank you".   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interviews were great. Emphasized more on the person, not their qualifications/past job experience. Questions included things like work-life balance, how to manage handle stress, expectations and questions I had surrounding the type of work that I would be doing.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2011.

received a call within 5 days of application, online interview, face to face interview and finally see the senior management, the process is long abut people have been nice. HR is quite efficient

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2013.

Meet with recruiters in the campus job fair, and about 1 week later I was invited to the first round interview. I was interviewed with a manager and all behavior questions. After 1 week from the first round interview, I got the opportunity to the second round. I had three 1:1 interviews with either senior managers or partners, had lunch with associates and had a office tour. Nothing unexpected. They are all very nice.

Tax Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

1) online application form with basic questions. 2) verbal and numerical reasoning tests. 3) telephone competency interview with manager. 4) assessment centre: retest of verbal test, in-tray, summarizing exercise, role plays. 5) partner interview at office location

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2011.

Recruiter called me one phone interview, one in office and then comp discussion

Interview Questions
    Negotiate for the entry salary if you can

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2011.

Met with associates and senior associates for lunch, and had behavioral interviews with partners and managers. They were all friendly and are looking for three things: Do you want to work in Tax? Are you going to fit in? and... Are you going to work hard?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were a leader in something...   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!