KPMG US Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep, 2014

2.8

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Associate Interview

Fairly standard 3 round interview - 2 on phone, 1 in person. Spoke with HR, then two directors via telephone. Then in person interview with partner, director, and manager. Whole process took around 3 weeks.

Negotiate sign on

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied on campus

Interview Questions
    • Nothing special, no behavioral questions. I walked through resume and answered followed up questions: how i did it, what was the difficulty, what was the result..   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2014.

Went to the interview. Pretty standard super day. Met with MDs, VPs, Associates. Was asked several financial questions: Walk me through, DCF, LBO, Accretion dilution model. How do you calculate EV, Equity value. What are the common components of Comparable comps

I had several offers so I was able to negotiate my salary.

Senior Associate Interview

interviewed at KPMG US in January 2014.

If you get a call or email from someone in KPMG's South Africa office or the "Recruitment Research" or "EHR Research" group in the U.S., do not waste your time and call them back. In the few times that they've contacted me from this group, the HR person is clueless about the positions they are supposedly recruiting you for. They make it sound like they are taking notes or assisting the official recruiting department. They have no idea what projects they are recruiting for but of course will ask you to provide your salary requirements, etc. It sounds more like they're collecting information for their year end performance assessments (i.e where they're paying their current employees and what the market is currently demanding), KPIs, or whatever HR initiatives under their belt. In my most recent phone call, the recruiter was so unprepared with my own basic questions about the group, role, and what was going on with the company that I felt that I was the one being the interviewer and he was nothing more than a deer in headlights. Useless interviews and wasting candidate's time for their own personal "research" agenda.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US.

Behavioral questions for the most part. People interviewing you want to make sure you are detail oriented, a hard worker and will be a great person to work with. Given than projects can last for many months and you will be working with the same team for long hours, people want to know you can be a team player and get along well with others.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions for this level position. Be ready to have good examples of interesting projects you worked in the past and examples of when you showed initiative and leadership.   Answer Question
    Asked for a sign in bonus, received a reasonable amount.

Senior Associate Interview

The hiring process was straight forward. There were 3 interviews with senior management. The interview was at a very high level. There is a lot to take in for a firm that has so many employees.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2013.

Applied through a referral and got a call from an internal recruiter a month later for a phone interview that lasted 15 minutes. After that initial contact got an Interview date with a partner and a manager. Three months later got a second interview with a Senior Manager and a Director. During all this time never got contacted by a HR Recruiter. Even with Follow Ups and Thank you Emails, the recruiter that works for this office never replied to the emails.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2013.

The overall hiring process was very quick and straight forward. (Unlike several other firms who made me jump through hoops - hours of personality testing, which makes me think culture fit is all they seem to care about...how is that good for the client? ) At KPMG's management consulting business,I had one interview with HR recruiter, one interview with a Director over the phone and two in-person interviews. Each interview lasted only 30 minutes. Overall it was a positive experience. The people seem to know what they are doing and what/who they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult other than being tested on how sharp I was and if I had the specialized knowledge I claimed on my resume.   View Answer
    Was required to put in my last salary in the formal application, which made me uncomfortable because I did not want to minimize my starting salary. They came in with a few thousand more than my previous base and I negotiated and was given more. I had 3 more interviews lined up with other potential employers so I felt I was in a comfortable place to negotiate.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

The hiring process was long and you definitely need someone to go to bat for you from the inside otherwise you would need exceptional skills to be noticed.
    You would inteview with many managers before some decides to make the final decision. The interview processes is done by and in person. However, the in=person interviews may not always occur in the office which is good.

Interview Questions
    • They really want to make sure the Management consulting profession is for you. Therefore, be prepared to answer question on this subject in detail.   Answer Question
    It was quick and I was upfront. KPMG pays well for people with good credentials.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

I received a phone call to set up an initial interview a few days after I submitted my online resume, which was schedule a few weeks later. Then had a second interview a month later. The offer was extended a few months later, the delay being due to the fiscal year end number crunching and performance reviews.

Interview Questions

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!