KPMG US

2.7

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2014.

Applied through my Universities career website. Did an on campus first round interview, all behavioral no case. Got invited to an office visit which included team building, two interviews, lunch, Q&A, and dinner. Overall everyone I interacted with was extremely friendly and helpful. From the first time I talked with KPMG at my college career fair until the day I got my offer I was treated with respect and any questions I had were answered thoroughly.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions, maybe what specific industry you want to work in.   Answer Question
    No negation, firm and very fair offer.

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US.

The hiring/ interview process was pretty typical of a Big 4/ consulting environment; initial phone screening by a recruiter, phone call interviews (mostly behavioral and fit based) with Sr. Manager/ Director. Followed by in-person interview at local KPMG office with Director/ Partner.

The one thing I will say about the process is that the scheduling was VERY unorganized and the phone calls somewhat disinterested. Prior to scheduling an interview the recruiter/ or assistant would reach out and ask for availability for the following week, after providing it, I got no response. After the week was up I issued a follow up email and was again asked to provide availability for the NEXT week, no apology or justification for delay in response. I would be contacted 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled interview via email confirmation, no phone call/ or email to confirm my availability.

Finally, after going through this disorganized practice and poor applicant experience (5 weeks in), I simply informed them I had accepted another offer and declined the final interview.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US.

Phone interview with the Campus Recruiter and then 3 in person interviews of 30 min each with different managers and partners in the office. All behavioral questions and conversations about my background and "why accounting / KPMG". Most of my interviews were just like normal conversations and only one resorted to a pre determined list of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a recent ethical dilemma and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Evs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

asked about financial statements, how would depreciation flow over the 3 statements, DCF, WACC ext

Information Protection Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2013.

Initial campus meeting where we went over the basics (Why KPMG?, why Information Protection, What makes you different from other applicants, etc). Then, I was asked to come to the office and I was flown out to interview with 2 partners and 1 senior manager, all of which had different technical questions and different areas specified. After the three interviews, I was taken out to lunch with 2 associates and I had a chance to ask them any questions about the internship experience or full time questions. After lunch I met with the recruiter and was told I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Knowing that you will have to travel and have a highly stressful career, why do you want to go into consulting?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

Associate, Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2013.

Positives: KPMG has an array of extremely professional, personable and level-headed people. On top of this, I respect the work of the advisory group I was interviewing with. This was all very refreshing and exciting to be around during the interview process itself. The questions I was asked were all experience-related and personality-based. Overall, I enjoyed the people I met and the experience very much.

Negatives: The one thing I thought was awful was the on-boarding and follow-up process of the interview. After two phone interviews that went well, I had to reach out to the "experienced-hire" recruiter myself to check and see when I would receive flight information and booking details for the in-person interviews. There was so much of a delay that I had to book a flight last-minute on a connecting flight that got in to the city I was interviewing in at such a terrible hour. After the interview, I again had to reach myself to see whether I got the job or not. It turns out, I did which was exciting! However, the unprofessional manner of the on-boarding and follow-up seriously slashed the legitimacy of the company for me. I think this something that is definitely fixable and I hope to see changed if I ever interview with the company again.

Overall, not a bad experience at all. The company is great. I got the offer and I turned it down because I would like to have more experience in my current industry before pursuing an advisory-type role.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I was hired full-time through first going through the KPMG internship program as a junior in college. I went through college recruiting where I had a first round interview with a KPMG recruiter at my campus career center. Then I was invited in for the second and final round of interviews, which was a full day over-night interview process, which included dinner with professionals, paid hotel room for the night in the city, and 2 interviews the next morning with a manager and a partner. All questions were behavioral and the partner interview was particularly informal - at this point, they want to just get to know you and whether they'd be interested in having you on one of their audit teams.

Interview Questions
    • Please give a situation in which you were in an ethically compromising situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No salary negotiation as salaries are the same across the board for all interns and new-hires. However there is a higher salary for new hires who can demonstrate that they've completed 150 units towards their CPA. Also bonuses for passing all 4 CPA exams within the first two years of hire.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2012.

First round interviews on Campus included a social the night before to see how we acted in social situations. Then interview the next day with partner who flew up to interview. Interview was 45 minutes and was pretty laid back.

Second round interview was at KPMG office in San Fransisco. They flew me in, put me up in a nice hotel, hand a very nice dinner with 3 staff the night before (in a large banquet room wth many other student applicants. Interview the next day included presentation from a few partners about what they do, splitting the group of applicants in half and doing interviews with half and team building with the other half. I was selected for team building first (which is really so they can see how you interact in pressure / team building environments). Then we switch and the other group does team building and I was taken to interview. Two different interviews with senior managers. Pretty casual conversation with the first interviewer, and the second one had many technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • "I do not what the pat answer where you take a negative and flip it around to make it a positive. Tell me a weakness that you have."   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I interviewed to be a summer intern in their tax function in their San Francisco Office. The interview was at my university's career center and it was quite straight forward. there typical behavioral questions as well asking you to elaborate on a certain portions of your resume. If you get there early, you have your own greeter who is there to answer any last minute questions.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

provided details to the recruiting personnel and was asked for interview over phone with a director level person.
    call went on for 40mins and mostly spoke about previous work experience and 2 scenario based Questions.
    after 2 weeks, was asked to attend on site interview with 4 ppl staring with 2 partners, senior lead, director in that order. They made me feel comfortable when I became too conscious and felt all went smoothly/
    Was not offered the job though!

Interview Questions
    • scenario based question regarding interaction with client team.   Answer Question