KPMG US Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct, 2014
1,358 Interview Reviews

2.8

Staff Accountant Interview

Internet questionaire consisting of behavioural and technical aspects. Followed by 3 interviews: one with senior accountants and then another two with partners. I did very well until the final partner. He did not like me from the start so I knew my goose was cooked. The final interview was a conference room, which was dark and no lights on.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

On campus interview
    Two interviewers
    Got the interview even though I was not in accounting

when asked if i was interested in accounting i said "if you want me to be"

i was young and desperate for the job

needless to say i didnt get it

the women were lovely and great conversationalists

great experience

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Had initial telephone conversations before formally entering process. Was then assigned a buddy and scheduled for a first round case interview. If successful there is then a final interview with a panel of partners.

Interview Questions
    • If you could only work for one client for the rest of your career who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Four person interview, very relaxed and asked standard interview questions

Interview Questions
    • no hard questions, just need to be honest. If you can not answer the question just state that, they will see through you if you make up answers due to pressure.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, got more than I asked for.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

First stage was an aptitude test which included algebra and verbal and logical reasoning. Second stage was a group interview. Third stage was one on one interview with a Senior Associate and the final stage was meeting a business partner.

Interview Questions
    • My unexpected question was when I'm asked how much I expect from the position   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

1st interview was behavioural based and quite generic. 2nd interview really depends on the partner and managers you get paired up with. Expect the typical questions such as why kpmg, why tax, why cpa, tell me about yourself. My interviewers went over my resume and asked questions here and there.

Staff Accountant Interview

If you were an intern, you can proceed to the partner interview right after internship for full time positions.

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Had one of the worst experience in the history of phone interviews. Was initially considered for the same role and made it to the last round, however this time around had a bad experience with the HR contact. She told me a date and time to call and then didn't pick up. Responded an hour later and said she was having a busy morning and I should call back at another date. In the second attempt, she sounded extremely uninterested even before the first question. She was also typing so loudly that it was distracting to answer.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions - Walk through your resume, Why KPMG, Elaborate on your present position.   Answer Question

1) preinterview dinner
    2) 2 interviews - conversational style

Interview Questions
    • They normally ask questions about something that stands out to them about you.   Answer Question

Advisor/Consultant Interview

Why KPMG? Why consulting?

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on salary or compensation. only on on-board date.