KPMG US

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Accountant Coop Interview

Staff Accountant Coop
Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2012.

Interview Details Applied through campus recruitment for co-op placement. Interviewed by manager then partner. Got offer the next day. Easy process overall, great interviewers who were very nice and chatted to me about their lives

Interview Question – Easy chat/qualitative questions. They just wanna see if you are interested in CA and if you can hold up a conversation   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details On campus interview
Two interviewers
Got the interview even though I was not in accounting

when asked if i was interested in accounting i said "if you want me to be"

i was young and desperate for the job

needless to say i didnt get it

the women were lovely and great conversationalists

great experience

Interview Question – Why do you want to be an accountant   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details Had initial telephone conversations before formally entering process. Was then assigned a buddy and scheduled for a first round case interview. If successful there is then a final interview with a panel of partners.

Interview Question – If you could only work for one client for the rest of your career who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details Four person interview, very relaxed and asked standard interview questions

Interview Question – no hard questions, just need to be honest. If you can not answer the question just state that, they will see through you if you make up answers due to pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, got more than I asked for.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details First stage was an aptitude test which included algebra and verbal and logical reasoning. Second stage was a group interview. Third stage was one on one interview with a Senior Associate and the final stage was meeting a business partner.

Interview Question – My unexpected question was when I'm asked how much I expect from the position   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details 1st interview was behavioural based and quite generic. 2nd interview really depends on the partner and managers you get paired up with. Expect the typical questions such as why kpmg, why tax, why cpa, tell me about yourself. My interviewers went over my resume and asked questions here and there.

Interview Question – Why KPMG, why tax, why CPA.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details If you were an intern, you can proceed to the partner interview right after internship for full time positions.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Global Marketing Role Interview

Senior Global Marketing Role
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2013.

Interview Details Had a screening interview with a recruiter, then in-person with the same recruiter. Recruiter was slick, misleading and overly promising. Met two of the global marketing leads and had positive conversations with both. KPMG ended up promoting an internal person into the role.

Interview Question – None. Everything was straightforward.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details Had one of the worst experience in the history of phone interviews. Was initially considered for the same role and made it to the last round, however this time around had a bad experience with the HR contact. She told me a date and time to call and then didn't pick up. Responded an hour later and said she was having a busy morning and I should call back at another date. In the second attempt, she sounded extremely uninterested even before the first question. She was also typing so loudly that it was distracting to answer.

Interview Question – Basic questions - Walk through your resume, Why KPMG, Elaborate on your present position.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

Interview Details 2 interviews
- 1st interview was one to one - pretty standard questions
- 2nd was about 4 hour interview where you met 1 partner, 1 manager and had lunch with two of the associates.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, you just need to be able to carry the conversation and look interested.   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!