KPMG US Intern Interview Questions

2.7

83 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

Submitted Resume & Cover Letter
E-mailed for 2 one on one interviews at their corporate office
Lunch with one of the representatives

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2013.

On campus interview and then interview in the office. They were very friendly and did not ask many difficult questions, but wanted to get to know the candidate. Gave presentation the company so we would know about the division

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Prior to actually applying to KPMG, you should contact the local recruiter in order to participate in the Summer Leadership Program, where you meet people from around the office for a day and have a few informal interviews. We were required to fill out an application online prior to the due date for the on-campus interviews. A CV was also submitted with the application. Upon receiving notice of the on-campus interview, candidate would prepare and then once that interview was past (about half hour one on one), you would be selected for a second round interview at the office consisting of the whole day. You would first be put into groups for team exercises and a service project and then would have two 20 minute interviews with various levels. You then get about two hours to meet your spouse and then have them meet with partner spouses while you have a mini-social with people from the office. After that, you eat dinner with employees and their spouses and your spouse. Within 48 hours of this day, you will hear back to see if you get an offer or not. At the end of the internship, a full-time offer will be given if it is a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of when you were working in a team and a team member did not contribute, or was detrimental to the team, and how did you respond to this situation.   Answer Question
    Negotiation wasn't really on the table, as this position is uniform across many offices and others were given the same offer.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied online via campus, first round interview then a month later got a call back for second round interview. Went into their office and met with a manager and a principal. Got to network with some other associates/directors. Then a month later got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember, but most started with "tell me about a time when... you were in a difficult situation" a lot them sounded like the same question re-phrased.   Answer Question
    entry level/no neogtiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

I applied through university career services. KPMG gave the least spot for the first round interview compared to other big 4s. The second round was a 1.5 day process. They invited you to dinner, put you in the hotel, and followed up with a after party at a rooftop bar near the office. The second day was a entire day event that consisted with presentations, panel discussions, lunch, office visit, small activities, Q&A, and interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy and very conversational. However, My interview was scheduled after lunch, and the manager who interviewed me looked exhausted before I even walked in.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US.

It was a one on one Interview, Very friendly interview. Was more like a conversation than an Interview. It lasted for about 20 ins and after 7 days I started working as an Intern in GO-To-Market approach. The work environment is very good. Very good place to start your career.

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

As part of the hiring process, I had one phone screen and 2 interviews. It was pretty straight forward and they just wanted to see how you might fit in a team situation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

Met recruiters at career fair and applied online at KPMG's site. Received an on-campus interview and was invited to a pre-interview dinner the night before. Met very outgoing, personable KPMG professionals. On-campus interview was for 30 minutes with a partner of the Dallas office. Felt more like a conversation and less like an interview. Head back within a week or so with an offer to visit the office. Between the interview and the office visit, there were several social outings with the company where I met more professionals from the Dallas office and some current interns.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict and how you dealt with the problem   Answer Question

HR interview and Group discussion

Interview Questions
    • Based on a textbook of a business case of location choices of offices to discuss   Answer Question
    no room for negotiation

Intern Interview

Very simple. Somewhat relaxed and fun.

N/A

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!