KPMG US

Updated 22 Feb, 2015

2.9

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in January 2015.

there was a couple phone interviews and an in person interview. It lasted about 4 hours and included a 20 minute presentation and 3 45-minutes. There was a couple technical tests and a conceptual coding challenge

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage your time if you are given 12 weeks to complete a project?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US in January 2015.

Applied through campus job board and their webpage. I heard back from them about a week after I applied that I have a campus interview. But they only told the ones who got accepted the evening of the interview. I found out I didn't get into the second round from a friend who got in.

EVS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I talked to a recruiter who came to my campus at the time to advertise an Accounting role. I was a Finance major, and I networked with the recruiter to see if Finance positions were available. Luckily, there was something for me. I interviewed with the recruiter, then 2 other people on separate days. Very conversational interviews. Nothing too technical. Mainly behavioral questions that were easy to discuss - just to get a feel of my personality.

Interview Questions
    I accepted what they gave.

Transfer Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2014.

Applied through campus site, got the first interview. Was strictly behavioral, really more like a conversation. In a week or so got a call from the interviewer asking me to go for a super day. It was great--a meal at Trump Tower, and awesome hotel accommodations. Got a tour of the place, got to network, etc. 2 Interviews the next day. Both also behavioral, they didn't expect much knowledge of TP. Ended up with me asking more questions than them. Got the internship offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    Just straight up here is your offer. No negotiating

Procurement Advisory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

1. phone interview with local HR; 2. first round with a manager in the service line; 3. on-site interview

Tax Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through university career website. Had a first round interview with a tax partner. He was really nice and laid-back. There was a pre-night reception before the actual interview at a local restaurant. The interview process was very relaxing. Now, I am doing my research for my second round interview. One advice is be confident, be yourself and know what you are talking about!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you have to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I was contacted for an on-campus interview. The interview took only 30 minutes. The senior manager I interviewed with was quite personable, and the recruiter from our school was and has been quite helpful throughout. I was declined for a second interview, heard in a week.

Interview Questions
    • What have you heard about the other big 4?

I found this question strange. He did say that he only asked because he doesn't know anything about the others.

Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in January 2014.

6 interviews in total:

--- Remote Interviews (Conducted via Phone) ---

First interview was a phone screen conducted by one of their internal recruiters. Focus was on why I wanted to join KPMG and salary expectations

Two phone interviews followed; one behavioral and the other technical. Focus was on assessing fit with firm culture and technical acumen as related to the position being applied for.

--- In-Office Interviews ---

Was flown to Chicago where I met with four members of the team I was intending to join:

First interviewer was a Manager who wanted to know what questions I had about KPMG and asked a few questions about the types of engagements I had encountered in the past.

Next interview was with a Senior Associate who asked several pointed questions around the skillsets required to be successful in the role (e.g. tell me about how you approach an application rationalization)

Third interview was a case conducted by a Manager. Company X is looking to acquire Company Y. What are the most important things for them to consider when integrating their IT systems? How would you structure a team to help Company X achieve successful integration?

Last interview of the day was with a Managing Director and included another case around the integration of a specialty gas company into a company with a global network of commodity gas manufacturers operating as their own P&Ls. Questions were mostly around how the business should be structured (stay operating as distinct P&Ls or integrate) and their location strategy. Final question was about how to structure the IT organization to support the proposed structure.

After returning home, I was told I needed to meet with a Partner at my local office. That interview was scheduled approximately a week later and focused on what I could bring to the firm if hired. Questions included: What do you want to be famous for / why does your phone ring? What network of contacts could you bring that we could use to sell new work tomorrow?

Before leaving the interview, I was asked to take on a homework assignment. The assignment was to write a 2-4 page white paper on how IT could prove its value to the business. I was given until the end of the day to complete the assignment and send it back to the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to be famous for / why does your phone ring? What network of contacts could you bring that we could use to sell new work tomorrow?   Answer Question

Global Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2013.

Application review- be as detailed as possible; include as much prior international experience as possible; sound passionate
    phone interview-- 30 minutes, mostly logistics, asked: name two strengths and two things you can improve on; why would it benefit you to go abroad;Please describe any skills/experiences that have prepared you to work internationally.If selected, what do you anticipate will be your greatest challenge while abroad and how do you plan to minimize its impact?

Interview Questions
    • what do you anticipate will be your greatest challenge while abroad and how do you plan to minimize its impact?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US.

1 phone screen, 3 phone interviews, 2 in-person interviews