KPMG US

Updated 25 Nov, 2014

2.8

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2014.

Initial interview was through campus. It was a general behavioral interview and the interviewer just wanted to know what your interest areas were. Got a call one week later for an Inside Office Look. The day before the actual interview we had a reception dinner at a very nice restaurant. Nice conversation with all the company officials. Next morning had 2 30 min back to back interviews with two directors. General questions, nothing technical or too difficult. Then it was followed by a presentation and ended with a lunch at a fancy restaurant. Nice experience. Be sure to be proactive during the interview process and very conversational during the reception.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you were a leader.
    How did you handle multiple projects at a time?
    Can you tell me when did you work in a project and what role did you play?(Like a leader or etc)

Answer Question
Low starting salary

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2014.

First was contacted by a national recruiter, then talked with regional director through the phone for 30 minutes, discussing the nature of the position and type of work. Then had an office visit for an hour during which interview was done with a manager and a director.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of ordinary. Mostly behavioral questions. Asked questions such as describe a time when you have to face difficulties during work and when you have to take leadership.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I received an email from a recruiter saying he wanted to schedule a phone interview. I responded immediately, told him I was on vacation so I had open availability all week and would love to connect, blah blah. Then, silence. I followed up twice. No response. Then, just to test to see if he was a legit person, I found him on LinkedIn and sent him a connect request. He accepted it immediately. So then I emailed him a third time, and STILL no response. Nothing. I'll probably never bother applying for a job at KPMG because of this experience. Totally unprofessional.

I don't get it...

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

There's a pre-night event where I got to talk to few people in a loose environment. The 1st round intervew started with a senior associate approaching to me and asked few general questions. The actual interview with the director went smoother than I expected but I'm kinda disappointed that I did get through the next round.

Interview Questions
    • Whether it be college life or work life, you have a lot of things to take care of. How do you take a good attention to both the school life and work?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2014.

Applied through my Universities career website. Did an on campus first round interview, all behavioral no case. Got invited to an office visit which included team building, two interviews, lunch, Q&A, and dinner. Overall everyone I interacted with was extremely friendly and helpful. From the first time I talked with KPMG at my college career fair until the day I got my offer I was treated with respect and any questions I had were answered thoroughly.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions, maybe what specific industry you want to work in.   Answer Question
    No negation, firm and very fair offer.

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

Behavioral questions asked during the interview process. No technical questions. Pretty standard. Did a phone interview and then received an email about an in person interview where I was selected to go to the office. It was an all day process.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

The hiring process started with an Initial phone interview which I was asked mostly behavioral questions based on my background. After the phone interview I was scheduled to make an appearance on-site to conduct multiple interviews with a manager, senior manager and a director. Most of the questions asked on-site were also behavioral questions regarding why I wanted to work for KPMG and how my skills aligned with what the job required. Overall I thought the interview process wasn't too difficult. Most of the steps though out this process were very standard in terms of a typical interview at any other company.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were very standard behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interviewed with the Federal Practice. I interviewed with HR staff and then senior management. Everyone was very nice and the interviews were straightforward. I was mostly asked questions about my understanding of the industry. No case studies, etc., they were more interested in my background and my ability to contribute to the work that they were currently doing. Some behavioral questions - greatest strength, how do you handle a difficult client, etc.

Interview Questions
    Tiny bit of room for negotiation, but don't make ridiculous demands, as you typically need KPMG more than they need you.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interviewed on campus, was invited to the inside look program in Houston. Flew down the day of and it started with a meet and greet reception the first night. Next day was spent at the office and every candidate had 2 interviews. Went out to lunch afterwards and then to the airport to go home

Interview Questions
    • If I was to talk to your friends and co-workers, what would they say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

First contacted by campus recruiter. Following those conversations, a 1 hour phone interview with a Manager. Didn't hear anything for 2 weeks, then was invited to an office interview. The visit lasted for the morning. 3 interview - 2 directors and 1 managing director, each about 1/2 hour, followed by lunch with staff.