KPMG

Getting the Interview

75 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2010.

Interview Details Submitted Resume & Cover Letter
E-mailed for 2 one on one interviews at their corporate office
Lunch with one of the representatives

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you solved a problem in a team   Answer Question

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details Very simple. Somewhat relaxed and fun.

Interview Question – How would you deal with the following situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details Was called in to come for a one-on-one interview that was basically competency-based.

Interview Question – The questions were very basic: why do you feel you are the best candidate for this position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in February 2014.

Interview Details I met a recruiter who then passed on my information to HR. I received a call about 6 months after meeting the recruiter at a career fair. She asked if I would meet the academic requirements and a quick and professional hiring process occurred for the next month.

Interview Question – The second interviewer on my in person interview asked very concise questions that were technical. Like please describe your involvement in X. When I mentioned some of the techniques that were used in X he asked everything regarding who what where when and why surrounding X.   View Answer

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details - Psychometric testing (verbal, numeric)
- 2 x phone interviews
- Assessment centre - group activities, letter writing, partner interview
- 1 on 1 partner interview - strengths, weaknesses, fit for firm.

Interview Question – - What makes you think you deserve a position at our firm?   Answer Question

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at KPMG in May 2012.

Interview Details Received an interview offer after participating in the Discover KPMG program. The Discover program provided an opportunity to meet potential coworkers and get a feel for the office culture.

Interview Question – Majority of interview questions were behavioral.   Answer Question

Moscow (Russia)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG in August 2011.

Interview Details Interview process for Intern position in audit department is quite simple and straightforward. You need to be prepared for standard fit questions in the first round interview with HR and simple accounting questions in the second (with department representative). There is a huge need in additional hands during busy season and general requirements are not strong enough thus you have to be hired if you really want to.

Interview Question – Tell the name of some accounts in Russian Accounting Standards   Answer Question

Hanoi (Vietnam)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in November 2013.

Interview Details The KPMG's Internship normally involved 5 rounds: Resume and Cover Letter Submission, a test, HR interview, Work Simulation, and Final Interview. As for me, somehow the Work Simulation round was omitted. After the Resume round, the test round was rather easy, consisting of two essay props that pose questions on various situations at work and how would you respond. The test is time-pressured, as you have 20 minutes to write each essay (about 300 words each). The HR interview and the Final interview were fairly straight-forward. I was asked questions regarding my resume, my achievements, and why KPMG (to show that you did your homework and did research about the firm). The partner, senior manager and HR personnel that who interviewed me were all very friendly and supportive, so not like what I heard about Deloitte where interviewers make the interview intense on purpose.

Interview Question – You mentioned Dean's List in your application, what does it mean?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details Went to campus recruiting event and got invited to a first round interview on campus. Made it to second round in NYC for their Inside Look Program. It was a 2 day event and very casual and relaxing. Had 3 interviews the second day. They really were trying to get to know the candidates

Interview Question – Wouldnt say there was a difficult or unexpected question, just basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details I was selected for a first round interview through my college career center. The interview was on campus, and lasted half an hour. It was a one on one interview with an audit manager. All the questions were straightforward (mostly behavioral). A lot of the interview was conversation; ultimately he wanted to get an idea of who I was and if I would be a good fit for the office.

Interview Question – No technical questions, all behavioral. Go in having a few stories you can draw on for various behavioral situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, got second round interview

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG Intern interview questions and advice. All 75 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.