Johnson Controls

Updated 8 Nov, 2014
Updated 8 Nov, 2014

2.8

Systems Designer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Meet the engineering team manager, discussed who I am, etc. Then contract is proposed by HR.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, it's based on company scale

Intern Interview

Interview was in person during an energy conference and a month later I was contacted over the phone for another interview manly describing school projects. Started the internship during the summer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview next day after a career fair, the career fair was a technical and focused on completely technical, but after a while in the conversation, the sales option was offered.

Interview Questions
    • Half sales part and half technical, being ready to switch instantly   Answer Question

GET Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Phone interview was easy.
    LAter on was called for further one on one technical interview.
    It was quiet unaware about technical interview,
    Interview consisted of basic questions.
    One must have strong basics.
    A good experience
    Good enviornment

Accounts Payable Representative II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

The hiring process is very slow. I interviewed with them and there was a 3 week lag time until I got a call back regarding the offer. From there, I accepted and there was another 3 week process to let me know when I started. Additionally, there was a month in between the time I filled out the application and when I got a call back.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

They had me give a powerpoint presentation about my past engineering work. Precarious task considering most of what i have ever engineered is done with very strict confidentiality agreements.

They also try and assess your creativity and eng knowledge to some extent by putting you on the spot. It is somewhat like being grilled in front of a Graduate Review board when you get your MS or Phd. They don't try to learn about you as a person so much as assess your robotic and calculative potential. I am an intelligent and effective engineer, but not always an eloquent speaker and I believe that worked against me a bit. I feel like they want only valedictorian / deans list types here. I found the process quite disappointing, and learned little about any one that interviewed me or the true workings of the company. They skim over answering questions asked by candidates. Overall a bizarre and ineffective interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a specific situation in which you failed, and how did you move forward?   Answer Question
    • Sketch / brainstorm 5 different possible solutions to this design problem. They give you some parameters and constraints...   View Answer
    • How do you deal with ambiguity in requirements designing a component or product?   Answer Question

Had high hopes, $$$ was awesome, but I did not have a warm feeling at all from the interview process. Also their CEO Mr. Molinaroli... Read the news. That is all I will mention about that. Lack of Ethical values at the top are a big red flag for me.

OE Customer Engineering Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

First had a phone interview. Then had a panel interview with manager and two other people on the team. No questions out of the ordinary and was all behavioral. Followed by a background check and drug test.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Submitted resume on Career site and got a phone screen set up for the same week. Asked me to tell me about myself and then explained what I would be doing at the internship. Was expecting to progress to an in person interview with the Hiring manager but instead was hired in about a week after the phone screen. Pleasant experience.

No negotiation. $17.50 for a part-time college internship is very nice therefore negotiation is not needed.

HFM Lead Interview

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Total 3 phone and 3 on site interviews
    I am not satisfied by the final assumptions they made on my behalf

The position label should be HFM analyst and not HFM Lead Architect