Johnson Controls

Getting the Interview

139 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Designer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details Meet the engineering team manager, discussed who I am, etc. Then contract is proposed by HR.

Interview Question – Why hire you instead of others.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, it's based on company scale

Electrical Engineer Interview

Holland, MI (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details initial interview: I was interviewed by 4-5 sessions. first it would be one or two guys each session. they asked pretty standard questions. They just went through my resume and asked me to explain them my experiences and stuff. some questions aboiut what i did in my previous jobs, classes. then explained the job and described the company most of the time. Asked a few questions abt basic electronics. then asked me to decribe components from a schematic. also brought a pcb and asked me what a certain component was doing. then talked more about the job. they were really nice.
reference check: they did call my references
second interview: I was called for a second interview but i didn't go for it because i got an offer from another company

Interview Question – Why isn't the company where you are interning hiring you?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview Details Recruiter, Phone Interview, 2 personal interviews.

Interview Question – Typical Interview questions, i.e. strength and weaknesses, what attracts you to JCI.   Answer Question

Software Validation Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview Details 3 steps interview process: test for SW development skills, personal discussion for the skills, personal discussion in English.

Interview Question – There were questions out of the validation scope.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, company has specific limits for every position.

Lean Six Sigma Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details Applied from LinkedIn post. Hired within 4 months.

Interview Question – Normal questions. Nothing new   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Johnson Controls in January 2013.

Interview Details Written technical- 30 mins subjective and 30 min objective, 1 technical interview followed by 1 HR round.

Interview Question – Why do you want to relocate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Expected salary

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details It was very comfortable. There was no need to be nervous about anything and the people were very welcoming. As long as you can answer some technical questions it should not be too difficult

Interview Question – What kind of topping do I like on my pizza   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor

Interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview Details General interview questions. Nothing too tough.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. What are your weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Plymouth Meeting, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in July 2013.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by JCI recruiter and then accepted for an interview. Initial interview with Branch Manager and with Sales Manager and other office Project Manager. Positive feedback due to my experience in the industry. I had another telephone interview and then another interview with service people. I was familiar with the industry so I felt comfortable with position requirements although I had worked in sales and not in service. Interviewed 1 week before 7/4/13 but was not offered position until 8/2013. Much time wasted before starting position.

Interview Question – How many windows are in the building?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not in a position to negotiate and I thought that the offer was fair based on my previous experience. I did not realize the difference in the payscale because of economical changes since I had had a similar position at a similar distance from my home.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details 3 interviews to get an offer

Interview Question – Sales background, market background   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good and easy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johnson Controls

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Johnson Controls interview questions and advice. All 139 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Johnson Controls employees and interview candidates.