John Deere

148 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Student Interview

Waterloo, IA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details Very good. Was a smooth interview and they made you feel welcome. Ask tough questions but were very relative to the job. Only thing I wish they would have told me more about the job day-to-day and general information when I asked.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at John Deere in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied through college and the process took 2 days - interviewed at John Deere in March 2014
question were based on the projects and academic performance, Behavioral questions.
The interview process was in the following manner
1. Aptitude exam ( Technical and Non Technical)
2.Technical Interview

Interview Question – What salary do you expect?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not want to relocate

Section Manager Interview

Rānchī (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at John Deere in June 2010.

Interview Details it was a campus hiring, with one round of each HR and technical which had been preceded by written round of aptitude (basic). technical round was based on case study of improving the business etc. HR round was basically on long term and short term goals, family, and if relocation wasa issue or not. Over all a good experience.

Interview Question – how would you take on a employee who has been not working perfectly.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it was a fixed salary.

Infrastructure Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at John Deere in November 2011.

Interview Details I knew a friend who got me hired on as a contracted employee. I was contracted for some time before interviewing and being offered a position in the company. The interview was the standard S.T.A.R. interview every time and followed that format very closely.

Interview Question – Pulling relevant examples from work experience to answer the questions completely as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. It was more of a "Here's the offer. Take it or leave it".

Engineering Intern Interview

Moline, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details Talked to them at school career fair, on-campus interview was next day and found out about 2nd round interview within two weeks. Was flown to Moline, IL to interview. Typical STAR interview model. They just want to make sure you're competent and have ability to learn.

Interview Question – I had never been in a STAR type interview so it was a little hard to think of responses but as the interview proceeded, it go easier.   Answer Question

Supply Management Intern Interview

Moline, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at John Deere in September 2013.

Interview Details Situation and Behavioral based Interview. Focused on ability to contribute and experience. Hiring process is fairly simple, complete online profile and submit drug screen. Company keeps contact with you throughout the entire process with updates and new information. Reps are easy to contact at any time. Overall simple and easy process.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you made a bad decision, and what did you do to correct it?   Answer Question

Skilled Trade Machine Maintenance Technician Interview

Waterloo, IA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details Interview is done by a supervisor and an engineer. Before the interview there is a test out phase at another off site location. After interview you will recieve a letter in the mail stating that you are hired upon completion of pre employment physical which will include a chest xray.

Interview Question – I was asked about if a machine failed and a frustrated production
worker was on that machine when it failed, how do you deal with the production worker while you working to fix that machine as they tend to get more frustrated the longer the machine is down?
  View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Intern Interview

Ann Arbor, MI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at John Deere in December 2013.

Interview Details It was pretty easy. The first was a 1 hour on-campus behavioral interview. Then a few weeks later they gave me an expenses paid trip to moline for final round interviews and a tour. The final session was 2 interviews 1 hour each and both of them were behavioral. Just don't do anything weird and you should be ok. Also they do hair testing

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were wrong about a decision or in a discussion   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was so good I didn't even think about negotiating.

Senior Engineer Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Deere in September 2011.

Interview Details Behavioral aspects, more technical & commonsense.

Interview Question – all are reasonable   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Facts & comparison, be straight & simple.

Interviews for Top Jobs at John Deere

Worked for John Deere? Contribute to the Community!

John Deere Videos

John Deere – Why Work for Us?

By 2050 the planet will be shared by another 2 billion people. Building technology to help feed, clothe and shelter the world is what we're all about at John Deere. A career at John Deere offers more than just… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at John Deere interview questions and advice. All 148 interview reviews are posted anonymously by John Deere employees and interview candidates.