John Deere Interview Questions

Updated 6 Apr, 2015
Updated 6 Apr, 2015

2.9

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Long process, took over a month. Hiring Manager was very good. numerous tests (personality, profile and directional). total of about 4 interviews in person. Being such a large company, mostly driven by the States, conference call interviews and I guess internal back and forth make things a little longer.

On first week, orientation was very elaborate and thorough.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Spare Parts Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Phone interview on Skype, lots of behavioral questions which was asked both by HR and the prospective direct manager. They were friendly and cool (from Alberta) but I was on jet lag and could not focus on the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to manage a disaster   1 Answer

Human Resources Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. They asked detailed behavioral questions. The second interview was over a month later at headquarters. We had two interviews in the morning one on one and in the afternoon we had a tour of the headquarters. Big on diversity so incorporate that into answer.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

You first recieve a Phone Call from Human resources and get a quick pre interview.
    Then you get an in person Human resources Interview prior to the Manager interview which is the mos dificult one and most times is a panel based ( 3 Interviewers or more at the same time) interview. If everything goes well and you are accepted, you get an aditional interview with human resources to review the salary etc.

Interview Questions

• What´s you long time aspirations   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL (US)).

Interview

First round of interviews was completed on campus on the day after initial meeting at campus job fair. For the second round of interviews, they fly you to Moline for round-robin style interviews.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at John Deere in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by e-mail for a request of my transcripts after I completed an application and submitted my resume online to the Human Resources Development Program.. I was contacted for a 45-minute phone interview where the STAR (Situation, Task, Action and result) method was used. I felt very comfortable doing a phone interview. Questions asked were, "Tell me about a time.." What was the situation, what was your task in the situation, what action did you take and why and what was the result in that situation.Once you completed the telephone interview, I was selected for an in-person interview. I was flown to Moline, IL, where I completed to in-person interviews with two of HR leadership.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were interrupted at work to do another task?
      Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker?
      Tell me how you resolved a difficult situation with a team member?
      Tell me about a time you had to adapt.

Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Campus interview then onsite interview with three different recruiters. May go to a local site and interview with hiring manager. Location was based on company needs but was able to pick prevs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Very skewed and HR thinks behaves as very very oversmart and you have to be alert that they are not pulling wool over your eyes especially about Short Term Incentive (called STI) in your salary.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change jobs (in the third HR round) when that was already told in first telephonic round, then first face-to-face conversation with the manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Have to be very alert with what is being offered so that you don't get sold a dummy! HR acts very very very oversmart and you have to know how to cut them to size.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Interview process is quite simple. Technical round one or two, one telephonic and may be video conf or personally at location and once you are confirm by technical person on technical round, HR is just a formality. Easy process and very quick in providing offer latter if you got selected.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I applied online and then approached them at a career fair. I had my first interview with them the next day. It went well mainly behavioral question and some technical based on what was on my resume. After two weeks I received an email to fly me into their headquarters for another interview. This time i was interviews by two different individuals. They asked same style of questions from my first interview in the career fair. Two weeks later I received an email with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you had to overcome and in what way did you approach it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They sent me an email with all of the details