John Deere

John Deere Interview Questions

Updated 25 Feb, 2015
Updated 25 Feb, 2015

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Long process, took over a month. Hiring Manager was very good. numerous tests (personality, profile and directional). total of about 4 interviews in person. Being such a large company, mostly driven by the States, conference call interviews and I guess internal back and forth make things a little longer.

On first week, orientation was very elaborate and thorough.

No negotiation

Spare Parts Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at John Deere.

Phone interview on Skype, lots of behavioral questions which was asked both by HR and the prospective direct manager. They were friendly and cool (from Alberta) but I was on jet lag and could not focus on the interview.

Product Engineer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at John Deere.

You first recieve a Phone Call from Human resources and get a quick pre interview.
    Then you get an in person Human resources Interview prior to the Manager interview which is the mos dificult one and most times is a panel based ( 3 Interviewers or more at the same time) interview. If everything goes well and you are accepted, you get an aditional interview with human resources to review the salary etc.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at John Deere.

First round of interviews was completed on campus on the day after initial meeting at campus job fair. For the second round of interviews, they fly you to Moline for round-robin style interviews.

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Campus interview then onsite interview with three different recruiters. May go to a local site and interview with hiring manager. Location was based on company needs but was able to pick prevs.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at John Deere.

Very skewed and HR thinks behaves as very very oversmart and you have to be alert that they are not pulling wool over your eyes especially about Short Term Incentive (called STI) in your salary.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking to change jobs (in the third HR round) when that was already told in first telephonic round, then first face-to-face conversation with the manager.   Answer Question
    Have to be very alert with what is being offered so that you don't get sold a dummy! HR acts very very very oversmart and you have to know how to cut them to size.

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview process is quite simple. Technical round one or two, one telephonic and may be video conf or personally at location and once you are confirm by technical person on technical round, HR is just a formality. Easy process and very quick in providing offer latter if you got selected.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

I applied online and then approached them at a career fair. I had my first interview with them the next day. It went well mainly behavioral question and some technical based on what was on my resume. After two weeks I received an email to fly me into their headquarters for another interview. This time i was interviews by two different individuals. They asked same style of questions from my first interview in the career fair. Two weeks later I received an email with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a challenge you had to overcome and in what way did you approach it.   Answer Question
    They sent me an email with all of the details

Technical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at John Deere.

I applied through college, campus placement. Nothing unexpected. The interview was easy.

One written test, technical and aptitude. About 1.30 hr, 150 questions.

Followed by two technical rounds and 1 HR interview.

And then the offer letter on same day and goods.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at John Deere.

I met with the recruiters at my college career fair and interviewed on campus the next day. They like to have you make a profile on the John Deere career page on their website beforehand. They also asked me for a transcript and resume when I met them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard. The hardest one was about my experience in the IT field, which at the time, I didn't have much of.   Answer Question