John Deere

162 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Spare Parts Manager Interview

Spare Parts Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details Phone interview on Skype, lots of behavioral questions which was asked both by HR and the prospective direct manager. They were friendly and cool (from Alberta) but I was on jet lag and could not focus on the interview.

Interview Question – What do you do to manage a disaster   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Waterloo, IA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at John Deere in October 2013.

Interview Details Talked to the recruiters at my school's career fair. They look at your resume and immediately decide if they will invite you back for an on-campus interview the next day. You sign up for a time slot and prepare for your interview. The interview is pretty relaxed and totally behavioral (i.e. tell me about a time you worked in a group project and overcame a conflict, tell me about a time you were faced with an ethical decision, etc.). The interviewers (two of them at once) were very nice and helpful. If that interview goes well, you will be flown out to the headquarters in Moline, IL for a final interview. There you have two interviews, each with one person from your field, which are essentially the same type of questions from the first inverview. They will typically respond in a few weeks after your last interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time that you made a decision in a group that you knew others would not be happy/agree with. Why did you do it and was it the right decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate - just accepted the offer.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at John Deere

Interview Details On campus interview the day after the career fair. Then I recieved a 2nd round at HQ 2 weeks later, The following week I had an offer, which I declined.

Interview Question – Asked behavioral analysis questions   Answer Question

MBA Development Program Interview

MBA Development Program

Interviewed at John Deere

Interview Details Very 'fit' based interview. They are very interested in finding people who can demosntrate a willingness to live in Moline, away from major urban centers. Evoking a strong interest in the outdoors, agriculture, etc are obvious ways to demonstrate a good fit with the firm. Overall the people are extremely friendly and nice, and I had the impression that it would be a very good company to work for in terms of having nice coworkers.

Interview Question – Probing questions involving times where you have failed are big. To be able to have good examples that don't seem too weak, while also demonstrating how overcoming those challenges helped make you a better professional/leader etc is a fine line to walk, but answering it well is a great way to demonstrate your maturity and managerial abilities   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Location and industry was not exactly what I was looking for

CAD DESIGNER/Modeler III Interview

CAD DESIGNER/Modeler III
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at John Deere in August 2011.

Interview Details Good to know somebody inside. Panel interview, Interview is highly technical including engineering design calculations. Tolerance stack up analysis. Interviewers are very professional. My advice is to apply to the job only if you think you are very qualified. Recall what you did in your last jobs. You will be asked about your most important projects. You have to describe in detail the project and the challenges you encountered and how dealt with them.

Interview Question – Ask to solve part of machine design problem which require deep knowledge of mechanism component sizing using stress calculations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Initial was low so I negotiated for an increase. I got few thousand more but my annual increase was affected because the rate they gave me was closed to the max salary for the position.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at John Deere in April 2014.

Interview Details Very accommodating as i was not present in the USA. I was able to have the interview via Skype. However due to not being present in the country didn't proceed further. Seems like the people are friendly.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions   Answer Question

Service Parts Analyst Interview

Service Parts Analyst
Ankeny, IA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Deere in April 2013.

Interview Details Simple, and not very thorough. No comprehensive review of work duties and contact with important team members I would be working with. Took long time (several weeks) to get access to important tools used for effective performance.

Interview Question – Poor training that impacted performance.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay established by job description, not experience.

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Dubuque, IA (US)

I interviewed at John Deere in May 2010.

Interview Details One whole day, from breakfast when someone came to the hotel to pick up, then stopped by the HR department to meet the contact person, followed by the technical interviews with one-on-one interviews with department managers and others. SMART question-and-answer was used. Try to think about the past experiences where difficult situation and people were encountered.

Interview Question – What was most challenging situation in the past career?   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Assembler
Moline, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details STAR interview process, hair drug test. be 15 minutes early to interview. don't try to hide anything because they will find out. they do a very in depth background check. they go back seven years on your criminal history

Interview Question – what is your weakest quality   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation at all. wages are set per the Deere and Company UAW bargaining unit agreement

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details A very pleasant and informative HR representative calls you to discuss position, hours needed, starting salary, etc. You go in and take a battery of math, language, proofreading, and other tests on a computer in a small room by yourself, then if you pass, a supervisor from the department conducts a lengthy behavioral job interview with you during the same visit. They are very friendly and do let you ask any questions you want to, about the job duties. Then if you get an offer, there are pre-employment background check and drug test, and if those are passed, someone from HR calls you to talk about the scheduling of the training classes.

Interview Question – Can you think of examples from previous positions where you had to problem-solve?   View Answer

Worked for John Deere? Contribute to the Community!