John Deere

Updated 9 Nov, 2014

3.1

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

I went to a recruitment fair at my college. They were doing mini interviews at their booth. A couple hours later, I was called about an on-campus interview the next day. This interview was behavioral questions. Within two weeks, I was e-mailed about an interview at HQ. There were two behavioral interviews at HQ along with a tour. Within two weeks of the HQ interview, a job offer was sent.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to assign and rotate roles within a team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at John Deere.

The interviews mostly consist of behavioral questions, the interviewers are very professional and nice. They subscribe to the STARR method. Most questions are geared towards your thought process, team work, and how you approach a problem.

Intern Interview

I talked to someone at our University's Career Fair, and two days later I received a call asking me to come to an interview time. The interview was all Behavioral-based so nothing unexpected.

Intern Interview

interviewed at John Deere in October 2014.

Followed the standard STAR method of interviewing. The interviewer was very cool and easy to talk to. From what I learned, second interviews are conducted in Moline, Iowa. They messed up my interview time, but fortunately someone who hadn't left for lunch yet found a packet and interviewed me right on the spot

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at John Deere in September 2014.

Apply through the university and apply online. For this Accounting internship, you have to prepare your resume and review what you want to know about John Deere for the interview. I was interviewed at BYU's campus and had I done well the first time, I would have been invited for a second interview in Moline, Illinois. After the interview on campus, I lost interest.

Interview Questions
    • After reviewing trends in financial statements or other charts, what underlying themes did you identify in your analysis?   View Answer

Intern Interview

On campus interview the day after the career fair. Then I recieved a 2nd round at HQ 2 weeks later, The following week I had an offer, which I declined.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at John Deere.

I met them at career fair and got an initial interview, went to their headquarters for the next round but was not selected

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at John Deere in November 2013.

I was interviewed off site at a career fair. The questions were situation-based so they mostly started with "Tell me about a time when..." After the first round of interviews, you are contacted for the second round which involves you being flown to the John Deere headquarters in Moline, IL. You then go through 2 interviews in 4 hours where your previous interview and transcript are reviewed. Then you are asked more situation based questions, sometimes the same ones as you were asked in the first round.

Interview Questions
    • The question was "Tell me about at your biggest defeat and how you overcame it."   Answer Question
    There was none. They tell you what the offer is and you can either accept or decline

Intern Interview

All behavioral based questions that incorporate the STAR Method.Make sure you know your resume from top to bottom because they will try to incorporate each question into one of your prior experiences or campus involvements. Also, make sure to have questions prepared for the interviewer. This shows interest in the company and also shows that you did your research.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to earn someone's trust? Based on prior experience
      Favorite class in school?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere in October 2013.

Talked to the recruiters at my school's career fair. They look at your resume and immediately decide if they will invite you back for an on-campus interview the next day. You sign up for a time slot and prepare for your interview. The interview is pretty relaxed and totally behavioral (i.e. tell me about a time you worked in a group project and overcame a conflict, tell me about a time you were faced with an ethical decision, etc.). The interviewers (two of them at once) were very nice and helpful. If that interview goes well, you will be flown out to the headquarters in Moline, IL for a final interview. There you have two interviews, each with one person from your field, which are essentially the same type of questions from the first inverview. They will typically respond in a few weeks after your last interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time that you made a decision in a group that you knew others would not be happy/agree with. Why did you do it and was it the right decision?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate - just accepted the offer.