Jamba Juice Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct, 2014
Updated 28 Oct, 2014

2.2

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jamba Juice.

For a new store opening up, a hiring fair was held at the store location. Typical interview questions were asked. They want to be fun, energetic, and a team player. They look for bubbly personalities that can be hard workers.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a difficult customer experience? And how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No real negotiation. They give you an hourly wage that you accept if you sign an employee contract.

Juice Maker Interview

Filled out application and then did interview, did group interview and then was interviewed one-on-one with potential manager. The process was pretty simple, not too complicated. I would say the most challenging aspect was the group interview and trying to stand out from other applicants.

Shift Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jamba Juice.

It is a very easy interview. Basically you get asked
    why do you want to work at jamba?
    what makes you jamba?
    how well do you work under pressure?
    what is good customer service and name a time youve experienced it.
    name a time when you had to deal with a conflict at work or in school and how did you resolve it?
    what would you do if a manager told you to do something you knew was wrong?
    what is your favorite smoothie and why?
    what smoothie do you think best describes you and why?
    if you could be a fruit what fruit woud you be and why?

Interview Questions
    • If you happen to be placed in charge because the manager went on a bank run and the phone was ringing, there was a line at the register, smoothies needed to be made and poured, what would you do or how would you manage the team?
      now this is a very unexpected question and is hardly asked
        View Answer
    no negotiation accept the pay or they'll offer your job to someone else

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jamba Juice.

Applied in person, interviewed on spot, was asked to interview with another gm, interviewed again, asked simple questions and how i would deal with a difficult customer, was called next day with a job offer

no negotiation.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kahului, HI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kahului, HI (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Jamba Juice in September 2014.

I applied online and got a call about a week after asking if I was able to come in for an interview on Sunday. The first interview was pretty easy. After the manager asked if I was able to come in for a second interview the next day. The second interview was a bit harder which is understandable because they really want to see if you're the right person to hire. The girl who interviewed me for my second interview was super nice and made me feel a lot more comfortable. After the interview was done she said she wanted to hire right then! That made me feel really good, but I guess I'll see when I get a call from them(: My advice is to make sure you do your research! And on the day of the interview just relax!

No negotiation.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jamba Juice in September 2014.

Such a great interview! My interviewer so easy to speak with just like we were having a normal everyday conversation. Basic questions were asked about availability. But the weird thing is, the interview was in the middle of the mall. But it made me feel comfortable and not nervous!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you failed and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    Easy to talk about an upcoming "vacation." Had to leave state for a relative's wedding in 3 months and she accepted it.

Team Member Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Jamba Juice.

I was interviewed on the Hiring Day event they were having. I was interviewed by a manager that was hiring at my chosen location. She introduced herself to me and didn't give me a chance to introduce myself. She began asking my questions but i was super nervous so i didn't do good on them. I was confused because she didn't ask me any personal questions. I had a resume but she didn't ask for it. and i also had references that she didn't ask for. i was disappointed with the interview. a couple days later i received a coupon saying i did not get the job

Interview Questions
    • How would you build a relationship with our customers?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

The girl who interviewed me seemed juvenile and was fresh out of high school. She asked me personal questions about my life like why I quit college, which has nothing to do with the job position as it involves my private family life. I found her to be unprofessional and I did not want to work with someone as condescending and rude as she is.

Interview Questions
    • If you had all the ingredients in the world, what kind of sandwich would you make?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jamba Juice.

I applied online through a job board website and got emailed back to come in about a week after. I had been to an interview at another Jamba Juice location and the interviewing varies between each location. I was expecting it to be a little formal but the manager just sat me down and we had a 2-hour conversation about myself, he asked me about what I would do to improve this location, how I work in a team environment, etc.. He seemed as though he was very interested in what I said and that he liked me. However, I got a coupon in the mail for half off a drink a week later in the mail saying I wasn't chosen.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jamba Juice in August 2014.

I was looking online for jobs and saw that Jamba was holding a Open Job Fair / Hiring Day that Thursday. So I applied online then came in Thursday afternoon with a resume and job application filled out. I got there 20 minutes early and waited around and was the second person to sign in. I was then interviewed by two people. The second person was the assistant manager for the location I was applying at and she scheduled a second interview for me the following morning. The next morning I came in 15 minutes early and the General Manager made some drinks then took me outside to the tables under the umbrellas about 10 minutes later. She then interviewed me with almost all the same questions from yesterday. Then she asked me if I had any dates in the future that I already knew of that would keep me from work. I told her I did not and she said she'd love to have me on her team if I'm willing to accept (Of course I was!) and then scheduled an orientation date for me next week on Saturday morning since I'm unavailable on mornings when she's usually in during the week. She's going to call me with details later today on orientation.

Overall, the staff is SO friendly and for my first interview I was very comfortable save for the initial nervousness I had before the interview. They really do make you feel comfortable in the interview. My tip is to show that you are positive and energetic (if you actually are) because those people work best for the Jamba face.

Interview Questions
    • What are three words that describe you?   View Answer
    • What is your greatest accomplishment and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question
    • How do you plan on balancing school and work?   View Answer
    • Explain a situation where you and a co-worker or group member in a project at school had a conflict and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question