Jamba Juice

Updated 2 Jan, 2015
Updated 2 Jan, 2015

2.2

Shift Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jamba Juice.

Called me within a week for an in-person interview. Interviewed with the GM and asked me basic questions like "Why Jamba?", "Tell me about yourself", "What leadership experience do you have?", "How do you organize your priorities when there are a lot of tasks to be done", etc. Got hired on the spot, but I know a lot of people have to go through second interviews.

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jamba Juice.

It was really laid back, we were outside the store and the manager just asked the basic interview questions like "why do you wanna work here?" She also asked about school and we connected through past schools. She was very relaxed and funny, and that helped me to relax. She talked about how the best part of her job was the crazy hectic times with her employees like when the AC broke.

Interview Questions

I got the job right at the interview but it was too far of a commute.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jamba Juice.

Bob Andrews was the best! He was courteous and I was surprised that he flew to San Diego just to talk to me. He also provided a schedues interview time that would accommodate me.

Interview Questions
    • I was applying for being a team member. Bob wanted me as a General Manger. His question "why do you want this job. I was a bit confused how to answer because I didn't know what position I was applying for.   View Answer
    not one single problem. And I mean that

Juice Jedi Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jamba Juice.

It was pretty simple and straight forward similar to any retail or entry level hospitality gig. Submit resume and cover letter. Ask what you know about Jamba Juice: history and whether you've had it. Availability was a deciding factor

Interview Questions
    • If someone from another country wanted to order and you couldn't understand each other how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jamba Juice.

The "interview" was fine. You could tell it was really just a formality. If your application and availability looked alright, you were going to get the job. After that, they took a long time to process the paperwork. Also, I had to contact them about the status of my hiring paperwork. They did not even contact me when I was put on the schedule. If I hadn't called, I wouldn't have showed up to work.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "why do you want to work at Jamba?".   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jamba Juice.

For a new store opening up, a hiring fair was held at the store location. Typical interview questions were asked. They want to be fun, energetic, and a team player. They look for bubbly personalities that can be hard workers.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a difficult customer experience? And how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No real negotiation. They give you an hourly wage that you accept if you sign an employee contract.

Juice Maker Interview

Filled out application and then did interview, did group interview and then was interviewed one-on-one with potential manager. The process was pretty simple, not too complicated. I would say the most challenging aspect was the group interview and trying to stand out from other applicants.

Shift Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jamba Juice.

It is a very easy interview. Basically you get asked
    why do you want to work at jamba?
    what makes you jamba?
    how well do you work under pressure?
    what is good customer service and name a time youve experienced it.
    name a time when you had to deal with a conflict at work or in school and how did you resolve it?
    what would you do if a manager told you to do something you knew was wrong?
    what is your favorite smoothie and why?
    what smoothie do you think best describes you and why?
    if you could be a fruit what fruit woud you be and why?

Interview Questions
    • If you happen to be placed in charge because the manager went on a bank run and the phone was ringing, there was a line at the register, smoothies needed to be made and poured, what would you do or how would you manage the team?
      now this is a very unexpected question and is hardly asked

View Answer
    no negotiation accept the pay or they'll offer your job to someone else

Jamba Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jamba Juice in October 2014.

They called me about 2 weeks after I sent in my application. Asked if I could be at in interview in an hour and a half. I got there 15 minutes early and they were really busy so I had to wait. The interview was about an hour long. They said they'll call me back for a second interview because they really like me. They never ended up calling and I found out I didn't get the job from the manager who was my friend.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite Jamba Juice?   Answer Question
    • What kind of experience do you have with money and a cash register?   Answer Question
    • Was there ever a time where you were given many task to do by certain time and you really couldn't complete them all by yourself? What did you do?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jamba Juice.

Applied in person, interviewed on spot, was asked to interview with another gm, interviewed again, asked simple questions and how i would deal with a difficult customer, was called next day with a job offer

no negotiation.