Jacobs Technology

38 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Robotic Technician Interview

Clinton, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in March 2014.

Interview Details Met the recruiters at the Michigan Collegiate Job Fair in Livonia. Received an email for an interview a couple weeks later.
The interview was 30min long, no hard questions. Just describing the company work to me, asked me if I was motivated for this kind of work. We talked about a couple projects I worked on in school but it didn't seem to matter too much to them. They were looking with someone who had some kind of engineering background (just school in my case) and who seemed to be a hard worker.

Interview Question – No technical questions during the interview. Just a discussion of a couple engineering projects that I listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The first offer was above what I expected and I didn't negotiate

Engineer Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs Technology.

Interview Details It was as they weren't interested in me as much as they were about filling a slot & getting paid for it but their sole customer.

Reason for Declining – Pay offer was poor & no sense of advancement.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Norfolk, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied to Jacobs Technology on their website and got an email in about two weeks to about setting up a possible interview. After I responded to the email a security rep contacted me to make sure I meet the qualifications (Security Clearance, Security + Certification) and then a interview was set up for the next day.

Interview Question – All the questions were straight forward related to the job in which I was applying for along with situational questions. It may have been two or three technical questions that was asked.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Senior Software Engineer II
Lincoln, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in December 2010.

Interview Details I found the job listing online and applied for it. After a few days, I received a call from HR and had a phone interview. A few days after that, I had an interview at their office. The interview took maybe 2 hours and was with 3 people together (immediate manager/coworker, his manager, and someone from HR). It was a standard interview where we talked about my work experience and the basics of the job position.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was a confirmation on whether I was willing to travel to the place listed in the job description.   Answer Question

Engineer III Interview

Las Cruces, NM (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in March 2010.

Interview Details Only had a phone interview, it was a panel interview with 1 HR representative, 1 manager, 1 project leader, and 1 engineer in the group I was working. After the interview (it went very well) I waited a month and a half and finally called the project lead and followed up. The project leader said they had approved me to be hired, and that HR should have contacted me already. They hadnt. I finally got an offer letter, it was about 15% less than I was asking. I was hired, however the work that I was expecting to be doing was far different than my actual work. I was told in the interview (and from the job posting) that I would be doing lots of design work. But I ended up doing only paperwork.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were working in a group, and one of the group members was only pretending to be working and taking credit for your work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I counter offered, and they said it was not negotiable. I had to accept due to the economy and job opportunities being very sparse

Program Manager Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in November 2009.

Interview Details VP and Operations Director met with me via a phone interview and then in person. Their questions were mostly about my experiences and leadership style.

Interview Question – I found none of their questions difficult. I was surprised by their emphasis on personal safety and their introduction to their Beyond Zero safety program into the interview process. A number of companies allude to a "people first" culture but this organization put that in to concrete and real terms that permeated the process.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straight forward. The offer was reasonable.

Junior Service Desk Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in March 2012.

Interview Details During the hiring process, I encountered a phone interview with my current supervisor. He asked some basic questions. The normal things and then a few more obscure. Most of the questions were a fairly in-depth technical assessment to see if my skills fit the job.

Interview Question – If you had to give an animal that described your work style, what would you say.   View Answer

Engineering Technician Interview

Engineering Technician
Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 11 months - interviewed at Jacobs Technology.

Interview Details The interview for a small business teammate of Jacobs was conducted by Jacobs personnel who then instructed the small business to hire me.

Interview Question – The lack of questions was hard to understand. Then I found out they did not know or understand what I was being hired to do. They simply had the requisition for the position and needed to fill the slot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, simply here's what is to be paid. Later I found out what you walk in the door making, is what you'll make as long as you are there. No merit raises, etc...

Engineering Intern Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in May 2012.

Interview Details Very quick and easy. They contacted me with paper work, but required I turn it in the same day. I had to take a drug test before starting work. The people were very nice and the whole internship was great.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had a tough group experience   View Answer

Engineering Technician Interview

Dearborn, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in January 2009.

Interview Details I interviewed for a different position then I was actually offered. The position I was offered was actually a better fit for my background. There was nothing difficult about the interview process. Everyone was friendly and polite. I was called in for a face to face interview initially. This was a contract position with a customer and I would be on site at there facility.

Interview Question – Nothing tricky here just general work history and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jacobs Technology

Worked for Jacobs Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jacobs Technology interview questions and advice. All 38 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Jacobs Technology employees and interview candidates.