Jacobs Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs (Calgary, AB) in February 2014.

Interview

I was called based on the recommendation of a friend for an interview. Was interviewed seperatelly by two. The first one asked, to my opinion, too many private question and the second one was very professional and confident. I did not like that Jacobs is not taking responsibility for their people in bad time with an attitude " we are not the shelter". I believe for a good company and stable society , it it important to keep good people coz they supported the company in good times, but in bad times, they are not good enough.

Interview Questions

• On a scale from 1-10, how good am I in process simulator   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jacobs (Calgary, AB) in February 2014.

Interview

First I had a quick telephone interview. Next I had a face to face interview with the recruiter and manager for HR. The recruiter was friendly, asked behavioral questions but the manager was a nightmare. The manager just kept grilling questions and did not listen, I guess that was her style. I would not accept the offer if I had been offered a job, working for an HR dictator would be miserable.

Junior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs (Edmonton, AB) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview opportunity was obtained through the company internal hiring event. I was given the chance to meet the department manager in that event. The interview was carried out in two phases. The first round was to discuss with the manager in terms of all detailed technical questions. The second round was to meet leads in other groups that I would work with. In a word, the interview was very technical based and basic understanding and exposure to the area is strongly required,

Store Manager Interview

Interview

interview with district manager and hr manager, back groud check

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Our strong track record of refinery projects for major clients includes successful projects for industry leaders such as ExxonMobil, Shell, BP, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Valero, Total, and Neste Oil.

i got a job in canada

Junior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs (Calgary, AB) in April 2012.

Interview

One round of interview, technical and HR combined. They were in a hurry to hire, I got the offer in 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What will happen to the boiling point of a liquid under vacuum? Will it rise or decrease?   2 Answers

Negotiation

They offered more than I was expecting

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs (Calgary, AB) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview was for Process Engineer -New grad position and was held at the University career services office.
    The interviewers were a Lead Engineer and HR specialist. It was interactive interview around my resume.It was very friendly and little informal. The main interviewer was the technical while the HR person was asking a Q from time to time.

What kind of projects did you work in?
    Have you worked in small teams or only big teams? Challenges with a project?
    What do you do outside work?
    Have you travelled/work abroad?
    Expected graduation date? eligibility to work in Canada?
    How many courses are you taking?
    Software/programs capabilities!!
    Do you like multiple tasks or one task?
    Why did you choose Jacobs? What do you know about Jacobs?
    What kind of sports do you like?
    Tell me about task you proud of?
    Questions related to previous experiences?Internship?Part time work?,... (They prefer ppl with previous experience,internships)

The interviewers were super friendly and welcomy and trying to give you info and advice as much as they could.

To prepare:
    -Prepare situations,well summarized.
    -Resume organization is important.
    -Be simple and confident
    -Consult Career services at you school for preparation and support.

After 2weeks, they called me for a visit to the company where I met a young engineer giving me intro about the company ,the environment and kind of work. Also, I received the offer before that visit. They assume you would discuss the offer content when you are in their office.

Good Luck

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs (Calgary, AB) in July 2011.

Interview

2 telephone interviews of about an hour each were conducted and otherwise all communication was via E-Mail. I was asked to submit examples of my previous work and references upon which a hiring decision was made.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was a Hands on type of Person. This could be answered via photos of myself in Hands on situations.   Answer Question

Piping Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jacobs (Edmonton, AB) in November 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the department manager to join the team once they started rehiring after the recession. He (the dept. mgr.) was very friendly and approachable via phone. We discussed their needs and my current position then set up a formal interview. At the formal interview I spoke with the dept manager and the piping coordinator one on one. Both were very friendly and knowledgable.

Negotiation

Very short. They didn't provide me with a lot or room to work and declined to consider something more reasonable for my experience and background.

Intermediate Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jacobs (Calgary, AB) in September 2010.

Interview

Didn't ask too many questions. Basically, review what you have done before. and what do you need to do in the position