Jacobs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Process Engineer Interview

Junior Process Engineer
Edmonton, AB

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs in August 2013.

Interview Details The interview opportunity was obtained through the company internal hiring event. I was given the chance to meet the department manager in that event. The interview was carried out in two phases. The first round was to discuss with the manager in terms of all detailed technical questions. The second round was to meet leads in other groups that I would work with. In a word, the interview was very technical based and basic understanding and exposure to the area is strongly required,

Interview Question – Try to solve a real equipment sizing problem.   Answer Question

Calgary, AB

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs in February 2014.

Interview Details I was called based on the recommendation of a friend for an interview. Was interviewed seperatelly by two. The first one asked, to my opinion, too many private question and the second one was very professional and confident. I did not like that Jacobs is not taking responsibility for their people in bad time with an attitude " we are not the shelter". I believe for a good company and stable society , it it important to keep good people coz they supported the company in good times, but in bad times, they are not good enough.

Interview Question – On a scale from 1-10, how good am I in process simulator   Answer Question

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Senior Project Engineer
Calgary, AB

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs in July 2011.

Interview Details 2 telephone interviews of about an hour each were conducted and otherwise all communication was via E-Mail. I was asked to submit examples of my previous work and references upon which a hiring decision was made.

Interview Question – I was asked if I was a Hands on type of Person. This could be answered via photos of myself in Hands on situations.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intermediate Project Accountant Interview

Intermediate Project Accountant
Calgary, AB

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jacobs in September 2010.

Interview Details Didn't ask too many questions. Basically, review what you have done before. and what do you need to do in the position

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at Jacobs

Interview Details interview with district manager and hr manager, back groud check

Interview Question – personal value   Answer Question

Process Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview Details Our strong track record of refinery projects for major clients includes successful projects for industry leaders such as ExxonMobil, Shell, BP, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Valero, Total, and Neste Oil.

Interview Question – 3 most negative attributes in the workplace   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – i got a job in canada

Junior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Junior Mechanical Engineer
Calgary, AB

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs in April 2012.

Interview Details One round of interview, technical and HR combined. They were in a hurry to hire, I got the offer in 2 hours.

Interview Question – What will happen to the boiling point of a liquid under vacuum? Will it rise or decrease?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – They offered more than I was expecting

Calgary, AB

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jacobs in November 2011.

Interview Details The interview was for Process Engineer -New grad position and was held at the University career services office.
The interviewers were a Lead Engineer and HR specialist. It was interactive interview around my resume.It was very friendly and little informal. The main interviewer was the technical while the HR person was asking a Q from time to time.

What kind of projects did you work in?
Have you worked in small teams or only big teams? Challenges with a project?
What do you do outside work?
Have you travelled/work abroad?
Expected graduation date? eligibility to work in Canada?
How many courses are you taking?
Software/programs capabilities!!
Do you like multiple tasks or one task?
Why did you choose Jacobs? What do you know about Jacobs?
What kind of sports do you like?
Tell me about task you proud of?
Questions related to previous experiences?Internship?Part time work?,... (They prefer ppl with previous experience,internships)

The interviewers were super friendly and welcomy and trying to give you info and advice as much as they could.

To prepare:
-Prepare situations,well summarized.
-Resume organization is important.
-Be simple and confident
-Consult Career services at you school for preparation and support.

After 2weeks, they called me for a visit to the company where I met a young engineer giving me intro about the company ,the environment and kind of work. Also, I received the offer before that visit. They assume you would discuss the offer content when you are in their office.

Good Luck

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Piping Designer Interview

Piping Designer
Edmonton, AB

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Jacobs in November 2010.

Interview Details I was contacted by the department manager to join the team once they started rehiring after the recession. He (the dept. mgr.) was very friendly and approachable via phone. We discussed their needs and my current position then set up a formal interview. At the formal interview I spoke with the dept manager and the piping coordinator one on one. Both were very friendly and knowledgable.

Negotiation Details – Very short. They didn't provide me with a lot or room to work and declined to consider something more reasonable for my experience and background.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview Details I had a phone interview and then onsite interview with key personnel to talk about industry background and how my experiences would fit to the consultancy work done. The process was intriguing based on the conceptual work, and the components of advisory work the office is looking for.. technical + soft peoples skill analyzing on a macro level

Interview Question – growth expectations in a flat organization   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pegged against current compensation + 30% raise

Worked for Jacobs? Contribute to the Community!