JR Simplot Interview Questions

2.5

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boise, ID (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at JR Simplot.

Process is fairly straight forward. You apply online, wait for a recruiter to get back to you. If they like you, you'll get aphone interview, if you pass that, you'll interview with a panel of people including a recruiter for the company, and 2 or 3 managers/ supervisors. They get back to you fairly quickly if you got the job (within a week or so).

Interview Questions
    • They ask lots of behavioral type of questions. So be ready.   Answer Question
    None

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Othello, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Othello, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at JR Simplot in March 2013.

I networked before the interview to find out more about the position and how strong of a candidate I might be for this position. One thing led to another and I was put in touch with the corporate Marketing Director. He was very helpful and encouraging and continued to encourage me for other positions even after I was not chosen for this position. I have been very impressed with many of our company's executives. As it turned out, I did not have the experience the hiring manager was looking for when I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were focused on my marketing experience, of which I have little.   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview process was quite simple as I already knew many of the people within the group from past employer activities with the company. My extensive experience in product management / development was an obvious fit for the position the company was trying to fill. Pay scale was already established and was reasonable so there was not a lot of negotiation on salary necessary..

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected but again, the position that I was seeking was one that I already had many years of experience and I was already strongly familiar with the product line that the product management position was responsible for managing.   Answer Question

Master File Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at JR Simplot in August 2012.

I received a voicemail on a Friday from JRS stating my resume had been received and that the HR person would like just a couple minutes of my time to clarify a few things. When I called back, the "clarification" was a round of 10 questions. Some of which were:

1. What's your best strength?
    2. What's your weakness?
    3. What's your goal(s) for the future?
    4. What type of management style do you prefer?
    5. What would your current employer say about you as your top assets?
    6. Why are you leaving?
    7. What's your wage requirements?

The pay range for this job was $12-$15 although I got the impression it would be difficult to get $14 or $15. However, parking is free downtown and the HR person mentioned a benefits package.

I was told if I was selected for a further interview, they would call, and she emphasized this...it was a little off putting, but other than that the interview was handled professionally and the person was courteous. However, I'm not expecting a call back because my wage requirements were a bit higher, so I will likely be unable to review the process further.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at JR Simplot in May 2011.

Group panel for about 1 hour. Basic behavioral and skills questions. Standard H.R. questions are given because like most posted positions, they already have a candidate in mind. You have to apply to show you are interested in growth, but you won't get the job. Positions are protected for personal interests of upper management so middle management is not very capable or talented.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a situation when..... How would you handle....   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lathrop, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lathrop, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at JR Simplot in January 2011.

Behavior based interview. Hardly knew anythinga bout me at the end of it.

Old culture

Operations Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lodi, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at JR Simplot in November 2010.

JR simplot uses behavioral interviewing techniques, questions are centered around how you would and how you have handled past and future circumstances. They ask what was the worst job you ever had and what your favorite job ever was. If you succeed in the first interview they will call you back for a second and possibly offer a position.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst employer you ever had?   View Answer
    • What would you do if you ran into conflict with another employee?   View Answer
    They offer a base salary per hour. If you would like more money they may decided to hire someone else.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JR Simplot in June 2009.

Was given the impression from the very start that the interview was a formality and that a candidate was already chosen for the position.

Energy Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at JR Simplot in May 2009.

I found the job posting through my career services at the school. I then was scheduled for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was selected to come tour the plant and offered a position as an intern.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you had an employee with different cultural backgrounds and how you reacted to the situation?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boise, ID (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

I applied online - interviewed at JR Simplot in May 2009.

Went in after a call back from submitting my resume on their website. The interviewers were not knowledgeable or wouldn't share any details on the position. They only asked cookie cutter HR questions that don't really allow them to learn anything about a person.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of problems have you had with your managers.   Answer Question

Worked for JR Simplot? Contribute to the Community!