J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions

Updated 13 Feb, 2015

2.7

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

took about 5 days. Live chat interview, got called in the next day for branch interview and sat down for about an hour and a half with Branch manager and assistant branch manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate hourly wage

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Teller Interview

Interview

very easy and standard questions. you don't need a lots of experience in anything to get hired.
    entry level position. Each person has different experience interviewing at Chase. mine was very informal

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (College Station, TX (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and on Tuesday I got an email from a recruiter about doing a video interview through hirevu. For the video interview you record yourself answering questions via webcam. After that a recruiter called about setting up an interview at the branch. I then had two interviews one with the branch manager and one with the assistant branch manager. After my interviews I got a call a day later from the recruiter offering me the position. I then had to do a drug test and get fingerprinted. Training will be three and a half days tu,we,th,fri.

Interview Questions

• for the video interview they asked me
      what do you know about chase and the teller position
      what would you manager say are your strengths and weaknesses
      how did you deal with a difficult customer
      what is a time you went above and beyond for the customer
      have you ever balanced your own till and what was the biggest overage or shortage

Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none they offered me 10.00 per hour

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied, received a call from the recruiter, then had a face to face interview with BM and ABM

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Teller Interview

Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite thing about your previous job?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

clear, straight to the point. I was able to complete it at an efficient time.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Sent my resume in for a job opening, ten days later they called me and scheduled and interview. Everyone there was really nice and friendly. It was easily noticed that they really care for their customers.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty well expected and average, difficulty wise.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Interview

Easy if you have experience with previous bank

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Submitted application and resume online; and had to pass a certain math/personality test. Then was contacted by a recruiter; days later got a call from a branch manager for an interview; He had a set of questions and

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Tell me of a time when you went out of your way for a customer? (have a very good story; come up with one)
      Weaknesses? Strengths? Tell me about a time you sold something?

1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter told me how much and experienced teller received and I accepted at the time.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward, I applied online and got a call from a recruter about a week later. The recruter asked me some questions like what were my future goals, etc. I was then contacted by the branch manager and called in for an interview. The interview consisted of the branch manager and an assistant manager. The questions were pretty basic, no curve balls.