J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

86 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

College Station, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online on a Friday and on Tuesday I got an email from a recruiter about doing a video interview through hirevu. For the video interview you record yourself answering questions via webcam. After that a recruiter called about setting up an interview at the branch. I then had two interviews one with the branch manager and one with the assistant branch manager. After my interviews I got a call a day later from the recruiter offering me the position. I then had to do a drug test and get fingerprinted. Training will be three and a half days tu,we,th,fri.

Interview Question – for the video interview they asked me
what do you know about chase and the teller position
what would you manager say are your strengths and weaknesses
how did you deal with a difficult customer
what is a time you went above and beyond for the customer
have you ever balanced your own till and what was the biggest overage or shortage
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none they offered me 10.00 per hour

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details Online application includes assessment of customer service and cash handling. Phone interview 3 days after submitting application. Basic questions about cash handling experience, customer services, some situational questions as how you deal with difficult customers. In-person interview with assistant branch manager and branch manager a week later. Very organized, professional people, questions involved how to handle difficult situations.

Interview Question – Why did you leave you last job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Applied, received a call from the recruiter, then had a face to face interview with BM and ABM

Interview Question – Why Chase?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Brownstown, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Interview Details I had only one interview after the weeder phone interview, with usual questoins you'd expect to see. It was a while before I heard back and a while until my start date was posted. I experienced many problems with the company as I was getting started. My first impression was rather negative.

Interview Question – "How do you work as a member as a team"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Here's you hourly salary. Deal with it.

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details Phone interview

Interview Question – What was your least favorite thing about your previous job?   Answer Question

Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and got an email for a video interview. I passed that and HR called me up and want to set me up with a branch manager.I went to the interview and i thought i did pretty well but havent heard back from them yet.

Interview Question – Sell me this item(could be anything)   View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details clear, straight to the point. I was able to complete it at an efficient time.

Interview Question – there were not any unexpected questions   Answer Question

Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview Details Applied online, did pre interview questions with recruitetr, then inperson interview with branch manaagment. Many questions were around cash handeling and my history balancing cash. Other questions were around following policy, and working together as a team.

Interview Question – History with difficult co-workers. Describing a situation where coworkers did not get along, and what was done to improve or resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me salary based on experince. The deal was take it or leave it. Chase does not negotiate it's hiring offers.

Teller

I applied online and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Sent my resume in for a job opening, ten days later they called me and scheduled and interview. Everyone there was really nice and friendly. It was easily noticed that they really care for their customers.

Interview Question – They were all pretty well expected and average, difficulty wise.   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details Easy if you have experience with previous bank

Interview Question – How would you handle an out of control customer   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Teller interview questions and advice. All 86 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.