J.P. Morgan Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr, 2015

2.9

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)).

Interview

This was the first round of interviews (after an initial application screening). It consisted of two interviews - both interviewers were from technology teams. The first one focussed on my prior experience and the kind of projects I have worked on before. The second one was focussed on competency questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever made compromises in projects? How did that go?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever had to change the way that you deal with people for a particular team member?   Answer Question
  • Long description of one of my projects.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH (US)).

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. On-campus interview requested around a few weeks later. I selected the earliest interview slot because I would rather be first or last in the interview lineup. It was 30 minute interview with a mix of behavioral and technical questions. I received an email a few days later that decisions of moving on will be sent in a week. In a week, I received a notification that I was selected for their Super Day. Super Day was on a Friday from 1:30pm-3:30pm. Most of us got in at 1pm and were able to talk to current analysts. The interview was split into three 30 minute parts: two behavioral/technical interviews and a presentation about a project you completed in the past. The order is random, but I got a sit down talk, presentation, and another sit down. The sit down talks are both behavioral/technical. The presentation was me talking for 15 minutes and the other 15 for questions. Got an email 4 days later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• If you had to, would you invest in future software or the current company system that works?   Answer Question
    • What are the benefits of polymorphism?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an array and a linked list?   Answer Question
    • What is normalization? When would you use denormalization?   Answer Question
    • What are the phases of software development?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

They reached out for an interview with me. They had one date open during which I had a conflict and they only gave me a two week notice before it. I was no able to make that interview. Took me calling their Technology Analyst Program HR members approximately 8 times to receive a call back for them notifying me that they were no longer seeking candidates for this position. They contacted me for an interview and basically dropped the ball and had the worst communication I have ever seen from a well established company. This was an absolutely horrendous job by their HR department.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Online Application

2. Two face to face Interviews - 1 Technical & 1 Competency Based.

3. Assessment Centre - Written Exercise, Technical Interview, Competency Based Interview, Group Exercise - Group Discussion, Written Exercise, Small interview.

Overall positive experience. Key is to be confident throughout and radiate positivity and enthusiasm.

There is nothing much one can do to prepare for the Assessment Centre as its an extremely tailored exercise. Brushing up key concepts such as data structures, object oriented programming, software development life cycle and methodologies before all the interviews may come in handy. Knowing about the company, it's businesses and familiarising yourself with the company website is equally important.

Also checking online resources for tips on preparing for group exercises are helpful. I would strongly recommend going through all the reviews relating to your position on Glassdoor as it gave me a clearer picture regarding the entire process and nothing came as a surprise to me on the D-Day.

Interview Questions

• Which data structure is more suitable for this problem(based on the 1st written exercise)?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewers are very friendly
    The step was online interview, 2 assessments
    1st was behavioural question
    2nd was technical interview
    The whole process was about one month.
    Practical advice:
    BE yourself
    there will be group assignment test as well, so be prepared to work in team and know your role in the team
    Practice to write coding on the paper.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

Interview

I applied in JPMorgan in nov 2014 and got call jan last week..they invited me for first round..in that, there were two interviews-- half an hour for competency based questions and half an hour for technical questions..interviewers were cool..the questions were prewritten and they noted down each response ..no selection but overall it was good experience

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths and weaknessWhy this role tell me about your previous project   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Very well organised. Assessment centre was the best I've been too!
    First stage: 2 interviews - mostly competency based
    Second stage: 1 written technical exam + 2 technical interviews + group exercise + 1 written test + 1 interview

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your boss was completely wrong and you knew about it.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Interview

From a college job fair, there was a "next day interview." Following this, after a few weeks, one Monday was told that I had been selected for the next round, which was on Friday. Luckily I had no plans and went to the interview. It consisted of three parts: a presentation, a technical interview, and a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you felt you weren't being used to your full potential, and how you solved it.   Answer Question
    • Various questions about polymorphism, inheritance, encapsulation, abstraction, etc   Answer Question
    • Describe your method you go through when writing a program   Answer Question
    • Difference between an array and a linked list   1 Answer

Negotiation

Actually still in the negotiation phase

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

It was through campus, they set you up to interview with 3 different current employees who are trying to see if you will be a good fit for the company and what area should you work in.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions going over my resume, project, and leadership experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Started through Campus application, recruiter followed up through e-mail for further application before On-Campus recruitment. Met with one senior member of similar role, basic questions. Focusing more for myself towards the Business Analyst role. Asked SDLC questions, Agile v. Waterfall. After first round, invited to SuperDay the following Tuesday. 3 half hour interviews , one of which is a presentation on a technical project. More interested in your technical skills and coding experience versus project management skills.