J.P. Morgan Private Banking Interview Questions & Reviews

10 interviews

3.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Private Banking Interview

I interviewed for intern in Chicago office, the first round phone interview was more like background check. Make sure that you presented as a interesting in front of them. 3 to 4 people talked to me one by one and some of them asked about the company valuation and current market which were the most technical part of the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Private Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I had a first round interview for summer analyst. It was mostly fit questions, really nice people

Private Bank Interview

online applications and 3 rounds of interviews

Private Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied online and got the phone interview in Oct, 2013.

Phone Interview-Superday

Private Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

I applied through their website and got an email 3 months later asking if I was still interested in the position. The guy that emailed me wanted to have a little chat over the phone. He asked me some behavioral questions and some market questions (what stocks would I invest in, what was the price of oil of that day, etc).

Then I was invited for a super day. They flew me to NYC and I had 4 interviews back to back with a team of private bankers. Everyone was really nice. Some were analysts, others were bankers.

Bankers asked me mostly behavioral questions and the analysts were all about stock picking and investing. You need to be prepared to tell them where you would invest and why.

Some questions about shorting and longing were also asked.

Make sure you know WHY you want to work there and what makes JP Morgans Private Banking so special.

Private Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Super Saturday consisted of six interviews with about ten to twelve people, analyst up to managing directors. Most of the questions were fit with very few technical questions. At the end of the day it is whether they find a connection to you over the next interviewer and if were attended their school.

Private Banking Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

The interview was mainly based on behavioral questions to asses how previous experiences relate to the position. Further into the interview I was asked how much I new about global markets and what i had to consider to prepare a client portfolio. Other questions assessed my knowledge of the daily activities done as a private banker.

Private Banking Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2011.

all interviews were either 2 on 1 or 3 on 1. interviewers all seemed pretty disinterested in everything you have to say to test your abilities under pressure.felt like they were hiring me based on who i know and what clients i can bring into their office

Private Banking Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2009.

JPMorgan Chase posted the availability of a Private Banking Summer Analyst position on my university's career site. I applied and subsequently received an e-mail instructing me to sign up through the career site. The interview was brief. Two interviewers took turns asking questions. The questions were standard interview questions that drew basis from my resume. As I did not have substantial work or internship experience in the financial sector relative to my peers, I did not think I had a competitive advantage. I would advise other interview candidates applying to JPMorgan or any other Wall Street firm to spend time and effort to understand 1) the position and its responsibilities 2) the department and its related departments 3) the firm and its competitors.

Interview Questions
    • Considering the current economic and financial recession, what would you advise JPMorgan Chase to do in the next five years in order to keep JPMorgan Chase on top?   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!