J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied through college career website to private banking solutions position, heard back during signups. A month after the interview I got a call asking me to fly into their NY office and was offered the job

Interview Question – How differently would you allocate assets between an elderly couple and a young entrepreneur?   Answer Question

New Orleans, LA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

Interview Details On campus interview. Someone backed out of the job and they we're trying to fill the position quick. There was only one round of 2 on 1 interviews that they used to pick a candidate and you only got 20 minutes to prove your worth. Pretty basic finance questions, why JP Morgan, why Private Banking, etc...

Interview Question – Give us your opinion on where you think the markets are going for next year.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

Interview Details They called out of the blue, on a friday night. Didnt expect it coming. They actually mentioned they were asking for my particulars, but proceeded into an interview. They asked about why choice of degree, what i did during my internship, and trends in the landscape.

Interview Question – How will you convince clients because of your young age?   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Interview Details I applied to be a Private Banking Analyst during my undergrad. It was done through my school's internal career website. I was notified via email that my résumé matched the qualifications for the job and I had made it past the initial screening. I was invited to interview. I understand there were three different candidates . There were 3- 30 minute back to back interviews with different employees within the office.

Interview Question – The most difficult question centered around the benefits of owning municipal bonds and what my view was on certain markets.   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

Interview Details My friend who interned with the Private Bank referred my resume over the summer. I then had 3 phone interviews (2 with HR reps, 1 with a current PB Analyst), and then did not here from then for quite some time. I then received an email several months later and was invited down for a superday. The superday consisted of one 2:1 interview, and three 1:1interviews. They asked me several difficult questions regarding the fiscal cliff, QE3, and a lot of questions regarding my internship/other finance experience. Very few behavioral questions. They said they would be in touch in about two weeks and I received a call roughly 30 minutes after the interviews with an offer.

Interview Question – Describe your thoughts regarding the fiscal cliff and how do you expect the market to react?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was well above the average offer so I accepted without any negotiation.

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details Multiple interviews - fit & technical. Focus on Macro & how changes affect clients.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you missed a deadline.   Answer Question

Private Banking Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2011.

Interview Details Basic behavioral questions to make sure you are a right fit for the company. The discussion led to why I was interested in managing clients portfolios. Other questions consisted of leadership demonstration, situation-based questions (tell me a time where...).

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you had to make quick, efficient decisions under pressure.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

Interview Details Great interview with an analyst--more of a conversation/get to know you experience. Asked basic background questions, talked about analyst training, and discussed the hiring process.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Private Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2010.

Interview Details Interviewed through school recruiting. Interviewed with team of managing director and analyst. Mostly behavioral "fit" questions and 1 or 2 market-oriented questions.

Interview Question – Design a portfolio for our client based on your current market outlook.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Private Banking Analyst interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.