J.P. Morgan

Updated 9 Dec, 2014
Updated 9 Dec, 2014

62 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

First interview was a phone interview that took approximately 30 minutes and consisted of mostly behavioral questions. Second and third interviews were on-site with two managers from different departments. Lastly, a group activity was performed.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Very easy interview. 2 half-hour sessions. Interviewers were laid back as didn't make you feel like its the end of the world. Asked basic behavioral questions. Stressed leadership and management qualities, as well as ability to work in teams.

Interview Questions
    • Right now traders are record the trades they make by manually entering the data in excel and then mail it to operations department. How would you improve the process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

started off with an online application, then had a phone interview for 30 minutes. asked me about simple things like why you want to join the company, why operations? after the phone interview, was told the next assessment centre would be in a few months, but i received an email within the next week and was asked to go for an assessment centre. the assessment centre had two face to face interviews as well as presentation and case discussion.

Interview Questions
    • how to raise 1000 dollars in a week (you only have 5 dollars to start off)   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Applied through campus recruiting online and got an interview. One round interview on campus. It consisted of two 30 minute interviews which were almost all behavioral questions and one Excel question. I heard back within a couple weeks with an offer.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

I applied through my univeristy's online career portal at the beginning of September. Received an email to apply online about 2 weeks later. 3-4 days later received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with two VP's of operations. Received an offer about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
    • -Talk about a time where you where unsure of what the deliverable was.
      -There is an error in your presentation 10 minutes before you have to get in front of the board. What do you do?
      -Your boss leaves two weeks after you start working on a big project. What do you do?
      -What is operations?
      -What do you read to keep up with what is happening on Wall Street?

View Answer
    No negotiation for interns.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

My school is a target school for JP Morgan so they held numerous events all over campus. I submitted my application via school career service's website. I was notified of an interview.

Interview was one hour, two interviews back to back. First was with a VP, a lot more serious, but she was sweet. Second was with two analysts, very laid back. I really enjoyed how they conducted the interview (conversation style).

Interview Questions
    • "What sorts of services does JP Morgan offer?"   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

This interview was a OCR. Overall the process took just about 4 weeks to receive an offer. I only had 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. However, one of the interviewers just talked about what he did and barely asked me any questions. Overall, the interview was not too challenging if you just prepare enough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied right at the application deadline with minutes to spare! Factor in about 1 hour to clear the computer tests etc. Got an email for a phone interview one week later. Interviewer didnt call during the scheduled dates. Emailed them and she called the next day on a public holiday instead. Interview was mainly behavioral questions with some introduction of yourself. Lasted probably 15-25 mins and im still waiting for their reply.

Interview Questions
    • Why you chose to do an engineering degree for undergrad studies instead of BBA   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of phone calls.

Behavioral questions and several resume questions.

Overall, not too bad of an interview. Be sure to express your reason for applying and sound passionate about joining such a company. Share your goals and how this career opportunity is going to guide you in that direction.

Operations Analyst Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews. I had mine back to back. I was not in town and they allowed the interviews to be over the phone. However, other interns told me they came in for their interviews. Interviews were pretty straight forward. I got a call for an offer only two days after the phone interviews.

No negotiation. They gave two weeks to accept or decline.