J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Associate Interview Questions

Updated 4 Dec, 2014

3.3

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

the interview process was quite stringent even though i was a contract staff. I got interviewed by the 2 VPs and they threw me with alot of questions.. there are also many questions to be answered and the knowledge regarding the job position was tested. The interview took about 30 minutes and the interviewers were quite relaxed. everything went quite well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

They have preferred placement vendors; who will test you over and above, what is required for the role. (eg) They pay for couple online exams for DBA, etc.,
    Then the manager and few team members invited for telephone interview, in which they went over my resume and asked technical questions based on the skills: RDBMS, Unix, Windows, Shell scripting, Business Objects, etc.,
    Then the vendor arranged for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• In person interview gave me the surprise, that the job was for application support and not really DBA. :) Same manager and team members, explained the job role.
      Two more managers from different teams, interviewed me individually, pretty much intended to check the attitude, to fit the company culture.
      Overall my interview was not tough.

Answer Question

Negotiation

I just asked for some additional moving expense. No issue. They offered.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Process involves a lot of networking, both with your school's alumni base and with people in the group you're interested in. It is almost impossible to get into the bank if you don't come from a target school or don't find alumni who will push you through.

Interview Questions

• Variety of technical questions - Walk me through a DCF, Qualities of a good LBO, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Coming through the MBA recruiting process there is very little negotiation. You come in with a class of 60-80 other MBAs all at the same salary/signing bonus/start date

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Interview

Just called walked in said a few things we had a drink and I got the job

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Interview

First round has both technical and situational types of questions. Second round was basically random talk with interviewers, and exchange views about current economy and investment etc. Most of our interviews are based on competency, so be prepared to think on your feet. Also, be prepared to answer questions about previous jobs and your experience solving problems and leading teams. Take the time to think before you answer.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application. Then online tests. Then two interviews on site. Then a full day assessment centre, testing number skill, presentation skills, debating skills, soft skills.

Interview Questions

• Questions included - why do you want to do this, tell me about yourself, tell me a time you achieved more than was asked, tell me a time you worked with difficult colleagues and how you resolved the situation, tell me how you saw the global financial crisis, tell me how you think the industry and the bank should respond to it, tell me a person you admire and why, tell me what inspires you, do you have any questions for me... also heard of "how many ping pong balls would fit on the deck of the Titanic"... "what was JPM's lowest share price in the last 12M"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Phone call to tell me I had the job, with salary details. Accepted on the spot.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Interview

Very Professional interview and I liked they way the interviewer asked questions closely and candidly. He really took an interest in what I had to say and listened very patiently to answer to all of the questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview

This was a first round interview made in a target business school for a summer associate position. Unfortunately it seems that the process was extremely biased and decision had been made prior of the interview. We only got 15 minutes of time to pitch ourselves, tell why banking, and ask questions. There were presumptions made already about me even before I entered, which might be because I am an international candidate. I got cut in the middle of a question and received even less than the 15 minutes of allocated time since the interviewer was running behind her schedule.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process at JP Morgan was very well run and very informative and helps understanding the different aspects of the jobs and requirements. I appreciated the great interaction with the different people that I met and the sense of teamwork that I got. The work balance in these jobs is a real challenge and I was pleased that it was not concealed at the time that I interviewed.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

First round interview at university. Second round on site in NYC.