J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct, 2014

3.5

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

applied online, got a Phone interview a couple of weeks later, purely behavioural. Got a second phone interview and was very technical. Was not expecting that level of complexity. overall a good experience, however could have done better with more practice.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

applied online, get a call for interview. interview last 40 minutes. Both behaviour question and technique question. They are nice. talked to everyone in the team. All nice people. fair hardness.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Got a call for an inperson interview, then got called in for a superday. Very standard interview, nothing out of ordinary Got a call for an inperson interview, then got called in for a superday. Very standard interview, nothing out of ordinary

Interview Questions
    • how many pennies stack up to the empire state building   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

After applying to the graduate program, I received an email asking me to pass a test from home that I would send through email. After passing that, I had a telephone interview and I was invited to pass tests on site and then I had 3 interviews. The people were very nice, not aggressive, they just wanted to get to the heart of the problem and know what my motivations were, was i going to be a reliable worker etc. I had to prove to them that they could count on me, that I was confident, etc. This is the best advice I can give to someone, show them that you are confident and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think our company's biggest regulatory threats are at the moment?   Answer Question

Applied online and received phone interview after 3 weeks

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

The process is fairly "easy" and quick if you are being recruited on campus. Screening takes a while though if you apply online. Definitely make use of on campus recruiting if they come to your school

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly behavioral for the preliminary interview. Basically know your resume REALLY well, and if you say you know a certain software program, make sure you can back it up.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Very straight forward and to the point. For the right person, this can be a great place to work. I did not go further on in the interview process. If I had another opportunity I would highly pursue the amazing professional affiliates of JPMorgan.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interviewed for a Summer Analyst Position in the SF Office. Two phone screens and a superday with 4 interviews. Interviewers were mainly associates and a VP. Consisted mostly of technical questions and a few fit. A couple brain teasers as well

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

It was a on campus screening interview with an MD alumni, he was really nice a like to listen to what I am really good at, at end, he couldn't offer to refer me due to the different department reason, however, after 30 mins chatting with me, he helped me narrow the area that fit me the most--Asset Management. It was great and extremely helpful.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

The interview was both personal and technical. The questions focused on technical financial questions, and we were required to demonstrate basic financial competence. The interview was a panel of three employees of the firm. One was a managing director, one was an associate, and one was an analyst. They represented different industries.

Interview Questions
    • What animal is most representative of you and your personality?   Answer Question