J.P. Morgan Intern Interview Questions

Updated 8 Apr, 2015
Updated 8 Apr, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus recruiting/career/job posting websites. I heard back from them in about 2 and a half months where they required me to apply through an application on their website. I was scheduled for an interview. There were two 30 minute back to back phone calls. The first one was okay (slightly below average), she really questioned how much I knew about the company. The second interview was more difficult. For one thing, the interviewer had a heavy accent and when you are talking on the phone, it distorted his voice which made it difficult to interpret. I still thought I did a pretty good job understanding what he was saying and what he was asking. Overall, I thought it was one of the most difficult interviews I have ever had and I knew I was not going to be offered a position, which I was glad. I was not fond of the location of the position (Columbus, Ohio) and I thought some of the questions were either not relevant or unfair to the extent that there was clearly an expectation that I should know certain things, all though my major particularly does not have a focus on certain areas.

Interview Questions

• There is a baseball bat and a ball that costs a total of $2.50. The bat is $1.00 more than the ball. How much are each?   1 Answer
  • Where is the headquarters?   1 Answer
  • Who is the CEO? CFO?   1 Answer
  • What type of assets does JP Morgan Chase have?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I submitted a resume online and received an email saying I had been given the opportunity for a phone interview. The interview consisted of two back to back 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational, some technical and personal questions... Tell me about xyz on your resume, why do you want to work for JP Morgan, what are some of our products and services, name a situation where you gave your insight and it was implemented (or something along those lines)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online through company website. Wasn't exactly sure about the entire process because I knew no one in the area of interest. Typical phone interview with an employee. Mainly asked behavioral questions. There were no technical questions at all.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

My career counselor at school was in contact with one of the hiring managers and sent over a group of students resumes. I received an email requesting a phone interview after they received my resume from my counselor. I had the phone interview within a week of receiving the email and did not receive my rejection to move forward to the 2nd interview until almost a MONTH after I had been interviewed. I believe the entire process involves 3 interviews, so I can almost imagine how long the entire process must take if you make it to each round.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about J.P Morgan?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

There is no phone interview. There is an assessment centre with another ~10 interns. You first have to write a ~30 min written test. You had to code there. Then there was a case study. You read a ~5 page document with sources and you made a business decisions on it: what do to in that situation with your fellow interns. The discussions are monitored. There were also 2 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• questions about motivation and specifics about the firm. Need to study the company beforehand   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

First interview with the team manager, general questions like why should we hire you, are u okay with longer working hours etc.
    Next round HR Interview..... Genral HR questions like tell me abt urself, ur interests etc.

Intern Interview

Interview

1st round phone interview. Applied online through the JP Morgan website. After a few weeks, received an email to set up phone interview. Had a first round phone interview. If selected, I would have moved onto a super day in New York.

Interview Questions

• You’ve got a 10 x 10 x 10 cube made up of 1 x 1 x 1 smaller cubes. The outside of the larger cube is completely painted red. On how many of the smaller cubes is there any red paint?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

phone interview. Applied online then about two months later I got an email to set up a phone interview. They gave me 10 days to prepare it. Very straightforward on the phone. It has been over a week now yet have not heard back from them. The woman on the phone told me there will be onsite interview in Feb this month and they will keep me posted. I don't know if this is a positive sign or she just tells everyone this information. Felt redundant to ask when I should expect to hear from them after she told me this so I didn't ask. Now I wish I did!

Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted resume through career center and through JP Morgan website, got a call from a recruiter, had a phone interview and then that day got an email inviting me to superday in New York for 3 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• If the price of oil went up tomorrow, how would that effect the mom and pop grocery store? I expected questions kind of close to this, but was still kind of caught off guard   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online and was offered an invitation to an event that I attended and had two interviews during. During the event we heard from upper level executives and toured the office.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you had two projects for different business clients due tomorrow (same date and time) but realistically did not have time to get them both done?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were working on a project due in two weeks and your boss left for vacation for two weeks and you realized a week into it that he had something you needed to complete the project?   Answer Question