J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Newark, DE (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

Interview Details Went through a Temp agency and was sent to the site in Newark for a 3 person interview

Interview Question – All teh questions were the same from all the interviewers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the pay was set

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

Interview Details Person from OPs talked about my reasons for leaving the present job, which I found particularly strange. Instead of quizzing me regarding my work ability, the person rather seemed more interested in knowing the 'juicy' details of the reasons why I am quitting my previous job. My response to their two distinct questions immediately gave away their fear. Instead of treating me as a fair candidate, I was treated as a potentially hostile candidate who may someday threaten their position in the company. However, I must say, the entire conduct was polite, courteous and an attempt was made not to let their personal emotions reflect in the process. In a nutshell it was indeed a professional conduct, to that certain extent.

Interview Question – A role play scenario was given. With a clear instruction on I don't need to know the basis and the hypothetical assumption was presented. I was told that I was expected to respond to the given scenario, in whatever way I thought was the best and give the reasons for my decision.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Interview Details I was e-mailed that I would be having a phone interview within a week or so. I never got a call so I asked them what was that about and they told me there was a delay and that they would call again within a week. Well guess what? They never did call...I felt like they just dropped me when they kept telling me I would get a phone interview. I never got an explanation to what happened and I felt like it was very rude even though I followed up.

Davao (Philippines)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2013.

Interview Details I applied online. after a week they contacted me for an initial interview then scheduled for an interviwe to hr and communication skills. there are 4 phases in the hiring process unfortunatrly i was only till the 3rd phase. they did sent me an email after 2 days informing that i didnt make it for the position.

Interview Question – all answers that you have you must related to your current or previous jobs . regarding on handling situations like whats the greatest decision you have made, situations in which u've gone beyond your job.   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Interview Details To contribute to organisation success
Through my experience in customer relationship.
Proven ability to achieve company’s objective.

Interview Question – Capable to handle any situation and can work on it as well for the betterment of organisation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We offer you job and we would be pleased love to have you in our company .

Lake Mary, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Interview Details Applied online a week ago. Received an email this past Saturday requesting a phone interview. Phone interview today, Monday, which last about 20 minutes. Very detailed questions involving job history, customer service background, various customer service scenarios as well as explaining exactly what I did at each job listed on my resume.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time when you provided excellent customer service but the customer still wasn't happy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted 1/1 interview which is scheduled in two days.

Cebu City (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Interview Details Gone through Initial Interview, H.R. Interview, and Communications Interview. They Said that they would call within 1-2 days, but they never called. No email was sent.

Interview Question – During communications interview, you must really SPEAK UP. Otherwise they will lose interest in you   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details The response to my initial posting was within 48 hours. However I had worked for Chase previously so I believe that is why it was so quick. The interview went well, just basic "tell me about a time when you..." questions. The decision to hire me was also within a couple of days.

Negotiation Details – It felt like I was pulling teeth for an extra $1000 per year. I only negotiated the minimum salary expectation I originally indicated on my application. They initially offered me less than that. Even still, I've found out that there are employees making upwards of 3k more per year. So my advice is that if you have experience, shoot for 5k more than what is initially offered.

Heathrow, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details Initially I was called by a recruiter over the phone and did a short interview mostly about past experiences and my values towards customer service. The second part had me come in for an interview with the HR representative and the manager of my particular queue. After the interview, I received a phone call from another recruiter who offered me the position

Interview Question – If I told you this interview was going bad, would it make you question some of the answers you gave?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none

Westerville, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interview Details I applied online for this job on JPMorgan's career hiring website. As part of the process, you need to do an assessment test - which is not hard as long as you read the directions. Other companies in the Central Ohio area have the same test (such as United Health).

I was initially contacted by an HR Rep. who did a phone interview over the phone; after a short conversation (perhaps no more than 30 minutes), I was asked to set up a time to see a manager.

When I got to Chase to interview with the manager, he had an attitude from the get-go. He seemed to act as if I was wasting his time; and asked "Why should we rehire you? I see you've worked for Chase before." He implied that I was the one who did the leaving, and I gently corrected him - my entire department had been eliminated.

In all, it was not a pleasurable experience. The manager seemed to have his mind made up before the interview even started not to hire me. I would not recommend interviewing with this company if all of their customer service managers are this judgmental.

Interview Question – A lot of the questions were behavioral questions / I would recommend having prepared answers to any and all behavioral questions having to do with customer service.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.