J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Interview Details Met on campus. 2-30 min interviews. Several behavioral based questions, mostly resume review. Both were managers explaining their roles in the company and how important internships are to enter into the banking industry.

Interview Question – CORE questions   Answer Question

Amherst, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied through my campus and interviewed on campus about a week later. It was two 30 min interviews with one involving mainly questions while the other interview was talking mainly about my resume. I did not get the position and was emailed a couple weeks later letting me know I was denied.

Interview Question – What field are you interested in? What makes you stand apart? What are some of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Newark, DE (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details There was a group interview when I was applying. They divided us up into teams of 5 and gave us a puzzle. Basically the puzzle was 5 people, who lived in 5 houses with 5 hobbies and 5 cars, and each person in the interview group had only some of the information. Without being able to show each other the cards, our job was to figure out the whole story and be able to present the correct information back to the interviewers.

Interview Question – "You have two items, one is twice as expensive as the other, and the total cost is $15.00. How much is each?"

Given with no warning in the middle of a behavioral interview. Not difficult but could catch you off guard if you get too relaxed.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview Details I interviewed on campus. The interview consisted of a 30 min phone interview and a 30 min in person interview with a recruiter. The questions were geared to assess interest in financial services and to assess analytical skills.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were due to present a presentation in front of a bunch of higher-ups and 20 min before it was time to present, you realized that a piece of data in one of your key slides was incorrect? The decks have already been printed   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

Interview Details I applied through campus recruiting website. Was notified a few weeks later that I had received an interview offer. I interviewed with one lady. on campus, for about 30 minutes, and then went into another room for another 30 minute phone interview. The questions were not too hard, mostly behavioral questions that one might expect.

Interview Question – How do you stay up to do date on current financial news? Give me an example that happened recently.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Newark, DE (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details Had a phone interview on-campus. Very basic questions including a resume walkthrough, why JPMorgan and a few behavioral questions about how you would handle a difficult situation. No technical questions. Did not have any more interviews after that and received the offer.

Interview Question – Why JPMorgan?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Corporate Analyst Development Program interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.