J.P. Morgan Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview Questions & Reviews

8 interviews

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL (US)
Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Applied through school online. Contacted about three weeks later for a basic phone interview. Emailed a week or so later inviting me to come up to Chicago for a four-ish hour morning interview block. There were three or four 15 minute conversations (not especially difficult -- they were pretty nice people, actually), and then a six or seven person group activity. They called with an offer about 10 days later.

Interview Questions
  • The group activity was the most difficult part. It really isn't about the answer. It's about showing a little leadership and being open to other's ideas.   Answer Question

Wasn't the area I wanted to be in.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New Orleans, LA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2013.

I made it to the second round of interviews. The first was a screening/brief phone interview with someone from Chicago, the second was an on campus interview with 2 employees. There weren't many questions asked, more of a conversation about working there. I felt very good about it and enjoyed it. Unfortunately they were only trying to fill a one position and the job went out to an older more qualified candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer to work in individually or in a team setting?   Answer Question

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Met on campus. 2-30 min interviews. Several behavioral based questions, mostly resume review. Both were managers explaining their roles in the company and how important internships are to enter into the banking industry.

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Amherst, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Applied through my campus and interviewed on campus about a week later. It was two 30 min interviews with one involving mainly questions while the other interview was talking mainly about my resume. I did not get the position and was emailed a couple weeks later letting me know I was denied.

Interview Questions
    • What field are you interested in? What makes you stand apart? What are some of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

There was a group interview when I was applying. They divided us up into teams of 5 and gave us a puzzle. Basically the puzzle was 5 people, who lived in 5 houses with 5 hobbies and 5 cars, and each person in the interview group had only some of the information. Without being able to show each other the cards, our job was to figure out the whole story and be able to present the correct information back to the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • "You have two items, one is twice as expensive as the other, and the total cost is $15.00. How much is each?"

Given with no warning in the middle of a behavioral interview. Not difficult but could catch you off guard if you get too relaxed.
        View Answer
    No negotiations

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

I interviewed on campus. The interview consisted of a 30 min phone interview and a 30 min in person interview with a recruiter. The questions were geared to assess interest in financial services and to assess analytical skills.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were due to present a presentation in front of a bunch of higher-ups and 20 min before it was time to present, you realized that a piece of data in one of your key slides was incorrect? The decks have already been printed   Answer Question

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

I applied through campus recruiting website. Was notified a few weeks later that I had received an interview offer. I interviewed with one lady. on campus, for about 30 minutes, and then went into another room for another 30 minute phone interview. The questions were not too hard, mostly behavioral questions that one might expect.

Interview Questions
    • How do you stay up to do date on current financial news? Give me an example that happened recently.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Had a phone interview on-campus. Very basic questions including a resume walkthrough, why JPMorgan and a few behavioral questions about how you would handle a difficult situation. No technical questions. Did not have any more interviews after that and received the offer.

No negotiation.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!