J.P. Morgan Branch Manager Interview Questions

Updated 2 May, 2014
Updated 2 May, 2014

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Branch Manager Interview

online application, phone interview, district manager interview, market manager interview

Interview Questions
  • what is customer service to you? what does it look like feel like?   Answer Question
they hire anon with banking experience

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Branch Manager Interview

There is an assessment that has to be passed first. Then wait for a a call in for an interview then it will be first the hiring manager then the manager above them.

Interview Questions
    • All questions discussed are involved with a "Tell me about a time"   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

As an internal candidate the decision is communicated to you before you actually get the position. So you should be very aware if it is going to happen or not. If you haven't had the decision communicated to you by the DM, its not going to happen.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, it is just an offer - accept or decline.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2013.

Connected with Chase by meeting a recruiter at a job fair. After a brief discussion of my skills and giving the recruiter a resume, I departed with recruiter's contact information. No word for 2 weeks and I sent a followup email and was invited to interview. The one-on-one interview was with a District Manager. Why do you want to work in the banking industry? What's your leadership style?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I thought that the interview process was very laid back and effortless. Was a little disappointed that they left out that the branch was located within a Kroger/ Wal-mart until after the interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • What is an item you can't live without? and sell me that item.   Answer Question

I did not want to work at a branch located within a Kroger or Wal-Mart

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

In branch interview two hours with three Bank managers

better offer came in

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Very lengthy. Consisted of a phone interview followed by two in-person interviews over the course of 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty forward and normal for a business interview e.g. how would you handle this situation, what kind of leader are you, what would you do if...   Answer Question
    Very straight forward, no negotiating.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

3 interview system starting with a District manager, followed by a Market manager. If you pass all the interviews you receive a job offer which can be flexible in negotiation to a degree. Push for what you are worth and you will get further.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you can be successful leading a team in the financial market and what unique vision do you bring to the table.   View Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Great Phone Call from recruiter, very flexible and set up interview with District Executive. DE was very professional and looking to make interview very professional. Was more interested in why I was no longer with my previous employer of ten years than what my skills and what I could do for Chase. Interview lasted an hour, I had excellent references and had previous experience with position I was interviewing for. DE did not extend an offer but stated I could interview for an entry level personal banker position. Stated I could work myself up in organization from this position. If you can't see that I have the experience (sixteen years of retail branch banking) then I don't want to work for your organization.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of how you would grow deposits in your branch ?   View Answer
    • How would you coach an employee who is not meeting performance goals ?   View Answer

Would have to interview with a branch manager for entry level position. If you are the DE and feel I was a good candidate there should be no reason for another interview. If you can't make up your mind don't pass a candidate on to someone else. Have some guts and make the decision yes or no.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Standard process, recruiter pre screens and then you are notified if you are selected for an in person interview with a district manager. After interview there was a phone interview with the market manager, drug and background tests before the offer was formally made.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have relevant to the position applying for?   Answer Question