J.P. Morgan Branch Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 2, 2014
17 interviews

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Branch Manager Interview

online application, phone interview, district manager interview, market manager interview

Interview Questions
  • what is customer service to you? what does it look like feel like?   Answer Question
they hire anon with banking experience

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Branch Manager Interview

There is an assessment that has to be passed first. Then wait for a a call in for an interview then it will be first the hiring manager then the manager above them.

Interview Questions
    • All questions discussed are involved with a "Tell me about a time"   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

As an internal candidate the decision is communicated to you before you actually get the position. So you should be very aware if it is going to happen or not. If you haven't had the decision communicated to you by the DM, its not going to happen.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, it is just an offer - accept or decline.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

1 interview with a panel of 12 District Managers. Intimidating YES. They are trying to see if all parties agree that they are willing to have you in their district. They must have more than half of the District Managers say yes to offer a position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were typical for the position, situational is there style of question, tell me about a time when you had to break policy to help a customer? what was the situation? what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Chase really does not like to negotiate at all. you have a much better chance if you are coming from outside the firm but as I was an internal candidate there was no potential for negotiation. If fact my manager has retracted offers to multiple people trying to negotiate. Right now companies can afford to hire less expensive with the same or better quality.

Branch Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2013.

Connected with Chase by meeting a recruiter at a job fair. After a brief discussion of my skills and giving the recruiter a resume, I departed with recruiter's contact information. No word for 2 weeks and I sent a followup email and was invited to interview. The one-on-one interview was with a District Manager. Why do you want to work in the banking industry? What's your leadership style?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Very lengthy. Consisted of a phone interview followed by two in-person interviews over the course of 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty forward and normal for a business interview e.g. how would you handle this situation, what kind of leader are you, what would you do if...   Answer Question
    Very straight forward, no negotiating.

Branch Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

Spoke with recuiter on the phone first. Met with her in person, she asked clarifying questions regading my overall management experiance. I guess I passed because I was then introduced to 3 district managers who asked questions "rapid fire" style! Finally I was introduced to the Market Manager

I tried but it seemed they were bound by some time of metrics system

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

In branch interview two hours with three Bank managers

better offer came in

Branch Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I thought that the interview process was very laid back and effortless. Was a little disappointed that they left out that the branch was located within a Kroger/ Wal-mart until after the interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • What is an item you can't live without? and sell me that item.   Answer Question

I did not want to work at a branch located within a Kroger or Wal-Mart

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

This was quick, I interviewed with a panel of DMs and then with a senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, except why did you leave your last employer and why chase.   View Answer
    When they ask your previous salary, that is going to be the offer. So make sure you say what you want not what you last received.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!