J.P. Morgan Associate Interview Questions

Updated 10 Feb, 2015
Updated 10 Feb, 2015

3.1

Associate Interview

Interview

Recruiter contact, online application.
2 phone interviews before on site interview day.
5-6 in person and conference call interviews on site the day of.
On the on site portion I was placed in a conference room in one of their downtown (financial district offices) and the interviewers were brought in throughout the day to conduct the interviews.
This was for a technical position and most questions reflected real business use cases faced in the past or that the team was currently facing.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would design an application system to maximize efficiency, minimize response time, and create the best user experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bangalore (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

First written round with some theoretical and mutiple choice questions. After that a programming round. Followed by three to four techinical discussions. In each of the technical discussions, they ask to write a code for a problem.
    I had to travel to the office atleast 4 times for all the interviews. In the end I was knocked out in a round filled with Tomcat questions. I feel familializing with Tomcat is an easy thing to do. I wish they had concentrated more on the coding skills. Finally this interview was not worth it since I did not get a honest feedback.

Interview Questions

• Questions were on Java, threading, fork join pool, ThreadLocal etc. Since they work on Tomcat a lot they ask a lot of Tomcat questions. This was negative for me since I did not know many production level configurations.
      Every round had a algorithm evaluation. Questions were easy like Tracking the max number from a stream of numbers, Exalute an expression, calculating the max difference in an unsorted array, binary tree traversal etc.

Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward process. Met with a few different members of the group and talked mostly about my experience and what my views were on the market. Some of the questions caught me by surprise but if you work in the industry they shouldn't be too hard to answer.

Interview Questions

Was offered another position at another firm

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Not too much technical questions, went to the headquater for meeting with 5 managers directors, mostly behavior questions, some questions are about statisitcal modeling, variable selection, etc, standard questions.

Associate Interview

Interview

I was very disappointed with the interviews. They interviewd me for EJB and I cleared. I took up the offer. After that, I was asked to work on EXT-JS and UI related things.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Very detailed and gradual interview process

other opportunities

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Current i am in transition because my job was move out-of state, that process is used practice racism - strong word but true

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Was referred by an employee to apply online. Fairly simple application form. Was invited to a phone interview which was not the typical HR generalist filter. It was with a junior associate, who focused almost exclusively on quantitative questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions on dilution, valuation and financial accounting   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview

The process was a traditional MBA school process.

Associate Interview

Interview

Very behavioral interview. Networking before interview was absolutely the key to get the job. They want to know you are able to sell yourself in ways beyond just interview. The whole networking process is really just part of an extended interview process. It also can be important to ask for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell an investor to allocate their portfolio   Answer Question

Took other job