J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 8 Mar, 2015
Updated 8 Mar, 2015

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Lengthy process meeting around ten people in the team, from other analysts to MD. Each interview was different, with some being more technical than others. Overall, it had a good mix of technical (corporate finance, capital markets, and math/statistics/brain teasers, etc.) as well as behavioral questions. Overall process was pretty smooth.

Interview Questions

• From basic "Tell me about yourself" to brain teasers/capital markets related questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

First was the 1 hour presentation about the company. Then the started off with the interview process. First round was the aptitude round, followed by technical and lastly HR round. aptitude round was quite easy. But i have no idea for the rejection. They were very calm and composed. Finally only 7 candidates were selected for the job.

Interview Questions

• basically finance related questions.I heard even the accountancy specialization students were being asked finance based questions. so better get prepared for it.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Arrive around 1:30 pm. start at 2:00 pm. There are three interviewees. We are lead to different rooms. Four people came and they takes turns to ask questions. It took about three hours. Finished around 5:00 pm.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

2 rounds, telephone then face to face in the JP Morgan london office. Took 2 weeks for the phone interview then 2 weeks to hear back. I went for a face to face interview 2 weeks after that.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

his interview was on my calendar. I showed up. JPM management must have had the interview on their calendar, as they were physically present.I would normally not have a phone on during an interview, but I most certainly would not answer it if I did. If I ‘unintentionally’ (?) answered a call or read a text message, I most certainly would apologize for the interruption. My phone was off. After a while of the manager’s divided attention, I was asked if there were any questions. I thought about suggesting that we talk some other time and chalk the time up as interview practice, but I asked the following question:

How engaged are you in the affairs of your department? The answer?

Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week. I received an initial call from HR. He asked some basic interview questions such as experience on my resume and why JP Morgan. A week later, I was brought to an in person interview with the hiring manager. The interview lasted one and half hours.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

applied through school recruiting site, received interview invitation couple days after submitting resume, I had enough time to prepare for interview. I felt the recruiting process goes really fast (resume-interview invitation-interview)

Interview Questions

• interviewer asked me something very technical in regards to internal control   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewers were very unorganized, at first I was told I was being interviewed for their Financial Analyst Program. However, once I got to the interview I was told I was now being interviewed for another program. The interviewers were fairly nice, gave an overview of the program followed by a 30 minutes interview of mainly Behavioral questions.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Code for Good Hackathon 2014 Mumbai. It was through college campus selection the process included resume screening, aptitude test, technical interview and HR interview. The hackathon consisted of coding for an NGO within 24 hours. So the contestants had to stay awake the entire night. After the coding was done we had to present the ideas to the NGO after which again shortlisting was done for the final presentations

Interview Questions

• Which year JP Morgan bought Chase?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Initial communication from the recruiter was quick and good. My 2 interviews were scheduled back-to-back on the same day and no additional interviews. My group does not foster a good environment professionally or personally. My office floor is very basic, no perks. Work culture within my group is terrible, but it might not be the same everywhere else.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.