J. Crew

Updated 24 Feb, 2015

2.3

Associate Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew.

Received a phone call for interview, had the interview with the HR Recruiter, Area and Regional Manager, and had an offer very shortly after. The interview wasn't strange or in-depth, but the HR Recruiter was very focused and asked questions regarding my life rather than experience. They are interested in finding the right person (when it comes to the US).

Interview Questions
    • What are the most important qualities that a manager can have?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Walked in, talked to the manager - she scheduled me for an interview the next day. We talked for about ten minutes outside of the store and as a big fan of J.Crew, I just went on and on about what I loved about the company (I name-dropped collaborations I loved, including the Liberty Floral collection). She said she was very impressed with me, but would have to go through a second interview as it was protocol. However, I got a call within the next week offering me a position.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated starting salary (I started higher up because of previous experience)

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

Approached a manager in store and was given an application to fill out. Contacted within two days to attend a group interview. Interview was very casual, with around 10 people.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly basic questions about customer experience and personal fashion styles   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J. Crew in September 2012.

Group interview with about 10 people. Fun experience with style guide and water provided. Conversational setting, speak when you wanted to. Lots of standard questions like what was a tricky customer service situation you had to deal with, why do you want to work at j crew etc

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J. Crew in September 2012.

Sales Associates and Support were all put in the same room and same situation when it came to the group interview. There were originally supposed to be 10 of us, but only 9 showed up. The interviewers were kind enough to wait a few minutes for the tardy, but once it past 5 minutes, they began the interview. Questions included (but weren't limited to):

- Why J Crew?
    - What is a trait that defines great customer service?
    - Tell us about a situation where you had to exceed your job description.
    - Think Quick: They told us a word and we had to say the first thing that came to mind.

Note: The interviews themselves were rather easygoing. The interviewers were calm and fun, and they made us feel more at ease with each other.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question would have to be regarding customer service experience (ideally in the retail world) and since I had no prior experience, I had to make do with a slightly modified version of a situation to match what they were looking for.   Answer Question
    I wasn't interested in negotiation, although it didn't seem negotiable. I was called 2 weeks after the interview and told that I was undergoing a background check and I was currently 'conditionally accepted'. I was never told I was 'fully accepted', but I assume I am now since I have an employee number, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. Crew in September 2012.

Lots of questions about customer service and how you would treat a customer.
    Went on about discounts and dress code

J Crew Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. Crew in May 2012.

It was a group interview in a conference centre, it will take you at least 3 hours.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew.

I applied in store during the holiday season so it was a bit hectic. Was given an interview on the spot by the manager. They liked me and had me fill out a background check that same day. I was told they'd follow up with me once my background check cleared. As I said before, I applied two weeks before Christmas so it was busy for them and the total hiring process took about 2 months. I followed up with them every two weeks just to show interest in the position and was called in once the season was over. For the initial walk in I wore a fitted Oxford button down shirt, colored chinos and leather boots. I was offered the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Previous experience, any experience in retail? What do you know about the brand? What days would you be available to work?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. Crew.

Applied online, and heard back the next day. Asked me to walk them through my resume and work experience. Interview Process was smooth, and the people I talked with were very nice. Followed with basic interview questions, like why I chose my major, and why I think I'm a good fit etc.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. Crew.

The process took about a week. I was called to come in for an interview and it was a group interview with one of the girl in myself. It was cool because I never been in a group interview before and I found it to be interesting.

Interview Questions
    • Who are J.Crew competitors?
      What amazes J.Crew different from other places

Answer Question