J. C. Penney

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview Details applied online, called back a few weeks later, came in to interview and hired on the spot.

Interview Question – what can you bring to this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2011.

Interview Details Interviewer was very unfriendly and seemed very bored, not at all interested in hiring me from the start. It was my first job interview, and it was very awkward and super short. Interviewer asked what position I wanted, what hours I was available, and a few generic questions all beginning with, "name a time where you ________" etc.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to make a sincere effort to succeed after a previous failure.   Answer Question

Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in December 2010.

Interview Details There was only one interview I got there got verry nervous and forgot what to say at times

Interview Question – Whats the worst costumer experiance   Answer Question

Saint Paul, MN (US)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2011.

Interview Details She called me for an interview and ask about my work experiences and ask me when i'll be available. my interview is today at 3:30.

Interview Question – Tell me about ur previous jobs?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Ontario, CA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2010.

Interview Details I met with 3 people. First with the HR Supervisor. I passed her test so I moved on to one of the training supervisors. I passed that interview and moved on with the Store Manager and He offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked him if when can i expect a phone call back, he said if i wanted the job I said yes and offered it to me.

Cashier Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2010.

Interview Details It was horrible and obviously racist. I have 6 years of retail experience and a girl wearing shorts with no experience got the job.

Interview Question – A lot of 'what would you do if...' type questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J. C. Penney

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J. C. Penney Cashier interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by J. C. Penney employees and interview candidates.