Ipreo Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ipreo in April 2013.

You apply Online or through HR, and they call you back generally. The HR sets you up with an interview with one of the hiring managers for your team. They have about a 40 minute in person interview and you hear back within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Since I was interviewing for being an Intern, there were simple Technology questions. The hardest was a simple sort algorithm of a dictionary.   Answer Question
    They offered me the job with the pay. We didnt negotiate since I am an intern

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ipreo in May 2013.

Be prepared to meet about 14 people during the interview process. You will likely be there for 5 hours, without food (except chips). It is not terribly comfortable. I am not sure why, but they basically try to get one or two people from each team to interview you. You are also required to take an excel test and submit a writing sample.

Interview Questions
    • What is your outlook on the stock market over the next year?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ipreo in August 2013.

Got a call from HR
    2 online programming tests like string manipulation and a small program
    Technical interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ipreo.

5+ Hr Interview. Met with several different analysts, a few managers, and an HR rep. Nothing all too difficult, but being in a tiny room for that long can be taxing. There was also an excel test and a writing sample.

Interview Questions
    • Where will the market be a year from now, two years from now?   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ipreo in January 2012.

Called for a quick introduction phone interview to schedule an in-person interview. In person interview was with 3 potential team members. Very relaxed, not many difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any unexpected questions. Most difficult would be to list off some excel functions.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Fixed Income Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ipreo.

Contacted by phone call to set up a phone interview for following week. The phone interview consisted of basic questions about my resume. They also asked "What is one recent story/headline concerning the market that is of interest of you and why?" At the conclusion of the phone interview they told me they wanted me to come in for an in-person interview. In-person interview consisted of a 1:1 meeting with the HR person, who asked me what I know about the position and the company. Then, I met with two members of the Fixed Income team (who I'd be working with if I got the job). They asked basic questions about my resume as well as questions about leadership skills and personality type questions. Then, the HR person came back in the room to wrap it up and make sure I didn't have any more questions. HR person was a little unprofessional and the interviewers seemed unprepared to interview me. Whole process took approximately 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time during your professional career when you were presented with a challenge and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ipreo in July 2011.

After submitting resume through an acquaintance, had a short phone interview with HR and was asked to come in for a full interview. Interview lasted several hours and involved meeting with nearly all members of the group I was interviewing for. It was a fairly laid-back, informal, conversational interview process, mainly concerning my resume. All the questions were pretty straightforward and basic, with none aiming to trip me up. The process also involved a brief writing sample and a basic Excel test.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any terribly difficult questions. Most concerned my resume and experience and knowledge of financial field and current economic/financial news.   Answer Question
    No negotiations for Analyst program

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Ipreo in April 2012.

Prepare for a long interview. Mine went from 9 AM to 3 PM so it was 6 hours long. They prefer that you just do one long interview instead of coming back for multiple rounds. You will meet with people at different levels from senior analysts (people with at least 1 or 2 years exp) to directors. They will be from different teams such as Financial Services, Tech, Healthcare etc. They will just go over basic things like who you are, your background and your idea of the company. There was also an Excel test in person during the interview as well.

If you are interviewing for this position, it would be helpful to know about investor relations because they do investor relations consulting. They basically do all the work that an Investor Relations Officer or CFO doesn't have time for, such as constantly monitoring a stock's price and volume in case it goes up too high or low.

FYI the pay here is pretty low for financial services; you could make the same amount of money as a cop pretty much. That's why so many of the employees here take advantage of the company's educational benefits to get a CFA; I'm sure once they get it (which takes 3 years of testing and some years of work experience), they'll hightail it to some buy side shop or something that pays more.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about investor relations?   View Answer
    No negotiation. It's pretty much set at 43,000. They are kind of known for their low pay so a lot of people end up leaving after a few years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ipreo in March 2012.

You first phone interview with a senior analyst, in a brief conversation. From there you speak with someone from HR who invites to an in-house interview in NYC. They give you a water and a snack and bring you into a small conference room and have interviewers rotate in and out like clockwork. Its a very organized process, but it is also long. I saw 11 or 12 people that came in either by themselves, twos, or threes. The whole process took almost 7 hours. Everyone was very friendly, offered to get me lunch and apologized for the long day. You get to speak with the newest analysts to managing directors. They want to get a feel for who you are and how you work, not as much about what you know. They gave me a quick writing sample to do which took me about 20 mins and is very basic. They sent me an excel skills test to take at home which was very easy if you use excel regularly. I received an email about a background check shortly thereafter, and a request for references. About 2-2.5 weeks after the whole process I received a phone call about an offer and ample time to make a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think the market is going in the next 12 months?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Ipreo in April 2010.

I applied through my college's career website (as part of a regional collegiate job fair) and was selected for a first round interview. I was allowed to conduct it via phone instead of in person, as it took place during my winter break (early January).

(on a Tuesday afternoon) Phone Interview:

-Took roughly 15-20 minutes and consisted of fairly basic questions, including:

---Tell us a bit about your internships.
    ---Describe a challenge faced during one of your internships.
    ---How often do you follow the markets? Any stories of particular interest?

After waiting for almost two months, I was emailed for a second round, in-house interview, which took place after another month (offer - late Feb, interview - late March).

(on a Wednesday morning) Second Round In-House Interview:

-Spent about 5-10 minutes filling out an employee application (personal information, references, etc.)

-I had to take an Excel skills test and complete a one page writing sample (story relating to the markets). The skills test consisted of 30 different Excel functions and my ability to complete them (without using shortcuts most of the time). It wasn't difficult, just annoying. Others were told about the test/writing sample prior to interview, but I wasn't, so I guess HR dropped the ball with me.

-I had 1-on-1 interviews with two members of one sector/team. Both interviews took no more than 10-15 minutes. The questions were 90% related to my resume and 10% about personal interests and whatnot (fit related questions). Other people apparently had interviews with multiple sectors/teams.

-I had a 1-on-1 discussion with an analyst that started the year before. This was to hear their perspective on the job/company and to answer any questions I had.

-Ended with a quick wrap-up session with the HR rep about pay, benefits, etc.

The next week, I was asked to schedule a meeting with the Managing Director of the department. This was set for two weeks after that (late April).

(on a Friday afternoon) Meeting with MD:

-Spent 10 minutes or so discussing my resume and going more in detail about what I did.

-Spent another 5 minutes talking about personal interests.

-Finished with 5 minutes about any questions I had (about the business, how to be successful at the job, etc.).

-Overall, it seemed like he just wanted to see if I could carry a conversation, speak clearly, and would be a good fit in general.

Received a call from the HR rep later that day with the offer. After pressing for some time to think about the offer, they gave me until the following Tuesday (they originally wanted a response right away).

Overall thoughts:

-not as organized as it probably should've been on the part of HR (lack of notice with the Excel test/writing sample)
    -no mention of travel reimbursement or anything along those lines
    -interviews/interviewers were friendly and fairly stress-free
    -waiting at least a month each time before getting in contact about the next step was annoying

Interview Questions
    • How often do you follow the markets? Any stories of particular interest?   Answer Question
    No negotiation process. The company seems pretty strict on start dates, pay, etc. (lack of signing bonus)

Worked for Ipreo? Contribute to the Community!