Intuit

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in November 2013.

Interview Details I had an HR Phone interview for an Inside Sales role. Interview went well, HR person was very positive about the company and the role. She thought I was a good candidate and scheduled another phone interview with incoming Director to the team. That phone interview also seemed to go well and I really liked the gentleman who was coming into Canada from Texas. Seemed to have a great sales mentality and a long time Intuit employee. Very astute as to the Intuit culture and the kind of person you would love to work for.

After that, I had an in person interview in Mississauga with the Inside Sales manager who I also liked. Although when she described the position she said it wouldn't be about selling, it would be to get their Accountants and ProAdvisors to events. Unflustered, and eager to work for Intuit due to its reputation, I said that I would be good with that and had boosted events for other software companies I had worked for .(Which is the truth, although I also sold for those companies too.)

Next I was interviewed by the VP of Sales for Intuit Canada (same day, immediately after). Intuit has a nice facility from what I could tell. Again, seemed like a great guy, asked me some questions and suggested the Inside Sales Manager thought I seemed like a good candidate. The question that he seemed to have trouble with was whether I would be OK with the commute. I said it would be very doable, however he seemed a little skeptical for some reason even though they weren't as deep into Mississauga 401 potential gridlock from the 400 as many other tech companies. That seemed to be the stumbling block.

Interview Question – Will you be able to manage the commute from where you live to our office every day?   View Answer

Group Marketing Manager Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in October 2011.

Interview Details HR, HIring Manager, peer and hiring manager again. LEss than 6 weeks form application to offer.

Interview Question – Are you willing to exit team members immediately? How would you go about it and what tools do you need?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very open and casual. Received a very solid total package

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Intuit in September 2013.

Interview Details I passed the first interview with HR over the telephone. I was then granted a second interview over the phone with the hiring manager.

The telephone interview with the hiring manger was meant to be a 3 part process, at least 1 hour long.

But the hiring manager cut it short (maybe he was busy that day?) to only 12 minutes.

The hiring manger wasn't very talkative.
So it was a little hard to convey why I would be a good match to the job when there wasn't any interaction. Felt more like a monologue without any feedback.

Interview Question – The hiring manager didn't ask me any questions. All he did was listen to me go on about my work experience. And then he asked if I had any questions for him regarding the job.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in December 2007.

Interview Details Initial screening was conducted by recruiter via phone interview. One on one interviews followed with the hiring manager, group architect and a couple of staff engineers. The interview style typically asks you to recount various professional experiences in which you exhibited leadership / problem solving / conflict resolution etc. The technical interview consisted of the usual C++ “trick” questions as well as writing out a linked list algorithm on a whiteboard.

Interview Question – What is Virtual Destructor?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not engage in any negotiation.

Legal Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in February 2014.

Interview Details Submitted resume via Intuit's online job portal and received and e-mail within a week. Had the initial 30 minute HR screening interview a few days later, and another 30 minute substantive phone interview with the team leader about a week after that. Still haven't heard back about the next step, which I assume is a more thorough on-site screening.

Interview Question – Both screenings were fairly straightforward, nothing out of the ordinary. Talked about my current position and why I was interested in transitioning.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details 2 part interview. One was technical, one was behavioral. Technical was some basic java questions, like keywords, inheritence, etc. Behavioral was about experience working with people and how to deal with issues. I didn't get an offer, but overall it was a good experience. Interviewers were friendly and communication was clear.

Interview Questions

Product Development - RDP Associate Interview

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details Phone interview.

Interview Question – Lots of Java questions and data structures.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details Intuit interview process starts off with simple tech and behavior test; that test your first step actually getting interview. Once you're in the interview the interviewing person uses a STARs approach to ask questions. These questions arrange from how you handle certain situations in the office to how you assisting customers.

Interview Question – There wasn't any particular question that was difficult.   Answer Question

Product Manager Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details Very straightforward and standard interview process with all of the normal questions. Quite frankly, I'd expect more 'innovative' and interesting questions from a tech company past the basic strength and weakness questions.

The one frustration I had was dealing with the HR contact. She was inconsistent and hard to get through to.

Interview Question – All questions were fairly standard   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Englewood, CO (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intuit in October 2012.

Interview Details I got an interview because I already worked as a contractor for the company and was already partially doing the job. I had to interview with 5 different people, all in one visit, and the interviews were fairly standard. Since I already knew many of the interviewers, it was easier, but the people who do the interviewing here are pretty easygoing anyway. If you do get an interview with Intuit, make sure you research the company values. They are a BIG deal and a huge part of the hiring process. Also, know that for many jobs you must take a personality assessment and a basic listening/writing comprehension test that many people don't pass, so don't be too upset if you don't make it through that stage.

Interview Question – Tell me which of the Intuit values you consider most important and why.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because the terms that they offered me were more than acceptable. I signed my offer, and started less than a week later.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intuit

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!

Intuit Videos

Intuit – Why Work for Us?

If you're ready to create, innovate and be part of something big, then you've come to the right place. Our passion for innovation allows us to take risks and try new, ingenious ways to help our customers achieve their… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intuit interview questions and advice. All 289 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Intuit employees and interview candidates.