Intuit

Relevance Date Difficulty

Service and Support Representative Interview

Service and Support Representative
Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intuit in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online. Almost immediately I received an email to do an online assessment, which took about 45 minutes. The online assessment has 3 parts: behavioral questions, spelling and grammar test, and interactive call center role playing. After that, several emails back and forth to set up a telephone interview a few days later. Telephone interview is about 1/2 hour. My telephone interview was with an HR Intern, so I even wonder if she was a student. A couple of days later I got a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• They used the STAR model to ask behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. They wanted a very specific situation, not in general how would you handle a difficult customer. Tell me about a time you went over and beyond to serve a client.   View Answer
  • Why did you pursue this job opportunity.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in July 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process was standard. It began with a 30 minute telephone interview with HR. That went well and I was contacted the next day and an on-site interview was scheduled for the following week. The next day, another HR rep contacted me and we had to reschedule the interview for another time on the same date. Prior to the interview, I had to consent to a background check. I thought it was a bit strange that this would be required before I even met with anyone!

At the interview, I first met with the person who would be my manager. He was very nice and we had a pleasant chat. The next person I met with was a gentleman from Texas. Personally, I thought he was strange. He kept telling me how excited he was about things that were happening at Intuit. I believe that if one is trulely excited, they don't have to keep say it - it will show! He had worked for Intuit for many years and it should. He was such a "company guy" and very corporate. After the discussion, he took me to the sales area and asked me to listen in on calls between sales reps and customers. This was supposed to provide me with an opportunity to get a feel for the job. They left me in a cubical with instruction on how to dial into the phone system. After several attempts, I got nothing but silence on all of the lines except the one in french. I don't speak french, so this was not helpful. While I was sitting there, there was another interview candidate who said he was having the same problem. Eventually, then came back to me, I explained the situation and that was it. During this meeting, I was told that I would also meet with two senior managers, however while I was sitting in the cubical, the guy from Texas told me they are delayed and asked me if I would like to wait or leave. I said I would wait. This gave me some time to look around the work area. I realized that the entire sales area is monitored by several CCTV cameras that are placed in the ceiling above the cubicals. I have never seen this before in similar companies in the IT industry. Not even at the really big companies. Why is it necessary to monitor sales staff at all times? After several minutes, he came back to escort me down to the lobby, where I very briefly met with the two executives. The moment I met them, I knew that this would not be going any further. Well, at least they had the courtesy to meet with me. I have been to some companies where you are invited out to meet with the hiring manager who apparently is missing in action during the interview time.

Interview Question – Could you tell me something about yourself that we would not know?   View Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Edmonton, AB

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intuit in January 2010.

Interview Details I was introduced to the company through a hiring firm. I had three interviews with a business manager, a technical lead, and the senior site leader across two days. Questions ranged from logical questions, use of technologies, and those that deal with your own perspective on soft subjects. I also had the opportunity to ask questions about the company and the type of work. It was a fairly smooth process. After these interviews I was called back for another interview within the week and was made an offer to join the company.

Interview Question – The technical interviewer asked about my opinions on guiding a customer through setting up a new software product and how to make it a positive experience. I had never considered how to accomplish this effectively.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in November 2013.

Interview Details I had an HR Phone interview for an Inside Sales role. Interview went well, HR person was very positive about the company and the role. She thought I was a good candidate and scheduled another phone interview with incoming Director to the team. That phone interview also seemed to go well and I really liked the gentleman who was coming into Canada from Texas. Seemed to have a great sales mentality and a long time Intuit employee. Very astute as to the Intuit culture and the kind of person you would love to work for.

After that, I had an in person interview in Mississauga with the Inside Sales manager who I also liked. Although when she described the position she said it wouldn't be about selling, it would be to get their Accountants and ProAdvisors to events. Unflustered, and eager to work for Intuit due to its reputation, I said that I would be good with that and had boosted events for other software companies I had worked for .(Which is the truth, although I also sold for those companies too.)

Next I was interviewed by the VP of Sales for Intuit Canada (same day, immediately after). Intuit has a nice facility from what I could tell. Again, seemed like a great guy, asked me some questions and suggested the Inside Sales Manager thought I seemed like a good candidate. The question that he seemed to have trouble with was whether I would be OK with the commute. I said it would be very doable, however he seemed a little skeptical for some reason even though they weren't as deep into Mississauga 401 potential gridlock from the 400 as many other tech companies. That seemed to be the stumbling block.

Interview Question – Will you be able to manage the commute from where you live to our office every day?   View Answer

Group Marketing Manager Interview

Group Marketing Manager
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in October 2011.

Interview Details HR, HIring Manager, peer and hiring manager again. LEss than 6 weeks form application to offer.

Interview Question – Are you willing to exit team members immediately? How would you go about it and what tools do you need?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very open and casual. Received a very solid total package

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Intuit in September 2013.

Interview Details I passed the first interview with HR over the telephone. I was then granted a second interview over the phone with the hiring manager.

The telephone interview with the hiring manger was meant to be a 3 part process, at least 1 hour long.

But the hiring manager cut it short (maybe he was busy that day?) to only 12 minutes.

The hiring manger wasn't very talkative.
So it was a little hard to convey why I would be a good match to the job when there wasn't any interaction. Felt more like a monologue without any feedback.

Interview Question – The hiring manager didn't ask me any questions. All he did was listen to me go on about my work experience. And then he asked if I had any questions for him regarding the job.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in December 2007.

Interview Details Initial screening was conducted by recruiter via phone interview. One on one interviews followed with the hiring manager, group architect and a couple of staff engineers. The interview style typically asks you to recount various professional experiences in which you exhibited leadership / problem solving / conflict resolution etc. The technical interview consisted of the usual C++ “trick” questions as well as writing out a linked list algorithm on a whiteboard.

Interview Question – What is Virtual Destructor?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not engage in any negotiation.

Senior Learning Consultant Interview

Senior Learning Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in January 2011.

Interview Details First phase: 2 phone interviews; lasted about 30-45 minutes each; asked STAR based questions; both were friendly and open; recruiter was very helpful throughout the process; the second phase was face-to-face with the senior leader, senior sales leader, manager and peer (individual interviews); 45 minute individual skill interview with a review at lunch; lunch interview with manager and peer

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation where two agents have discussed their compensation and now the one agent is angry and has come to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary wasn't negotiable
Negotiated additional vacation

Manager I Interview

Manager I
Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in July 2014.

Interview Details Email sent out including interview time.
Panel of 4 interviewers from various business units
One main interviewer to ask questions in STAR format while others asked follow-up questions
Fun, dynamic, engaged interview process. Made me feel at home and at ease to speak freely and passionately about what I do

Interview Question – Most difficult question was "Describe a time you had to be creative dealing with a difficult employee, co-worker, manager or customer."   Answer Question

Rotational Development Program Associate Interview

Rotational Development Program Associate

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details 1) Quick introductory phone chat (non-technical)
2) Two ~ 30-minute casual interviews over Skype (both broad level and specific topics discussed)
3) On campus interview consisted of speaking with many different individuals throughout the day, completing a challenge within a certain period of time, presenting the solution, and presenting other work I've done in the past.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!