Intuit

Updated 24 Nov, 2014
Updated 24 Nov, 2014

Seasonal Services and Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intuit.

A recruiter found my profile one of the job sites. I applied on the website then got a phone interview.
    Phone interview wasn't much of behavioural but asked me about why i want to work at Intuit and took some simple tax questions, asked about some technology questions (simple, e.g. how do you troubleshoot your cell phone?). Then had 1.5 hour in person interview at office by 2 full-time reps and one manager. Got the job the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at intuit?
      Any situation where you weren't up to the expectations?
        Answer Question
    not really negotiation it's contract

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intuit.

HR was really nice on the phone and told me how much she loved what I had to say, also mentioned about 10% of time is instructed and not a cut throat Environment. When I arrived for the interview I found the opposite to be true, they are cut throat and you're expecting to compete against each other. They also mentioned they don't do unstructured time (which is 10% of your time working on a project of your interest) and somehow got the feeling of why I asked that question. Told me they wanted to do a criminal background check so I did (BY THE WAY I'm clean). They didn't bother to follow up with me I had to call then and took another today to find out I didn't land the job. They really lead you on and don't feel its a correct way to conduct as a company. Will never work there.

Service and Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intuit in July 2014.

I applied online. Almost immediately I received an email to do an online assessment, which took about 45 minutes. The online assessment has 3 parts: behavioral questions, spelling and grammar test, and interactive call center role playing. After that, several emails back and forth to set up a telephone interview a few days later. Telephone interview is about 1/2 hour. My telephone interview was with an HR Intern, so I even wonder if she was a student. A couple of days later I got a rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • They used the STAR model to ask behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. They wanted a very specific situation, not in general how would you handle a difficult customer. Tell me about a time you went over and beyond to serve a client.   View Answer
    • Why did you pursue this job opportunity.   Answer Question

Services and Support Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intuit in June 2014.

Applied online and I got an email rightaway scheduling for a phone interview. Three days after, the scheduled phone interview took place. It was an hour of phone interview asking me about job experiences and past positions I had with other companies. Asked about my tasks, main duties, responsibilities, etc. After the phone interview, I received an email about a face to face interview with two people from the company. One is a team manager and the other, a senior services and support representative. Three weeks after, i got an email, stating that I need to upload certain documents to a certain company for background check which I did, and passed.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had a colleague who weren't very welcoming when you first got the position and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiations at all.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in November 2013.

I had an HR Phone interview for an Inside Sales role. Interview went well, HR person was very positive about the company and the role. She thought I was a good candidate and scheduled another phone interview with incoming Director to the team. That phone interview also seemed to go well and I really liked the gentleman who was coming into Canada from Texas. Seemed to have a great sales mentality and a long time Intuit employee. Very astute as to the Intuit culture and the kind of person you would love to work for.

After that, I had an in person interview in Mississauga with the Inside Sales manager who I also liked. Although when she described the position she said it wouldn't be about selling, it would be to get their Accountants and ProAdvisors to events. Unflustered, and eager to work for Intuit due to its reputation, I said that I would be good with that and had boosted events for other software companies I had worked for .(Which is the truth, although I also sold for those companies too.)

Next I was interviewed by the VP of Sales for Intuit Canada (same day, immediately after). Intuit has a nice facility from what I could tell. Again, seemed like a great guy, asked me some questions and suggested the Inside Sales Manager thought I seemed like a good candidate. The question that he seemed to have trouble with was whether I would be OK with the commute. I said it would be very doable, however he seemed a little skeptical for some reason even though they weren't as deep into Mississauga 401 potential gridlock from the 400 as many other tech companies. That seemed to be the stumbling block.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to manage the commute from where you live to our office every day?   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit in September 2013.

I passed the first interview with HR over the telephone. I was then granted a second interview over the phone with the hiring manager.

The telephone interview with the hiring manger was meant to be a 3 part process, at least 1 hour long.

But the hiring manager cut it short (maybe he was busy that day?) to only 12 minutes.

The hiring manger wasn't very talkative.
    So it was a little hard to convey why I would be a good match to the job when there wasn't any interaction. Felt more like a monologue without any feedback.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager didn't ask me any questions. All he did was listen to me go on about my work experience. And then he asked if I had any questions for him regarding the job.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in July 2013.

The hiring process was standard. It began with a 30 minute telephone interview with HR. That went well and I was contacted the next day and an on-site interview was scheduled for the following week. The next day, another HR rep contacted me and we had to reschedule the interview for another time on the same date. Prior to the interview, I had to consent to a background check. I thought it was a bit strange that this would be required before I even met with anyone!

At the interview, I first met with the person who would be my manager. He was very nice and we had a pleasant chat. The next person I met with was a gentleman from Texas. Personally, I thought he was strange. He kept telling me how excited he was about things that were happening at Intuit. I believe that if one is trulely excited, they don't have to keep say it - it will show! He had worked for Intuit for many years and it should. He was such a "company guy" and very corporate. After the discussion, he took me to the sales area and asked me to listen in on calls between sales reps and customers. This was supposed to provide me with an opportunity to get a feel for the job. They left me in a cubical with instruction on how to dial into the phone system. After several attempts, I got nothing but silence on all of the lines except the one in french. I don't speak french, so this was not helpful. While I was sitting there, there was another interview candidate who said he was having the same problem. Eventually, then came back to me, I explained the situation and that was it. During this meeting, I was told that I would also meet with two senior managers, however while I was sitting in the cubical, the guy from Texas told me they are delayed and asked me if I would like to wait or leave. I said I would wait. This gave me some time to look around the work area. I realized that the entire sales area is monitored by several CCTV cameras that are placed in the ceiling above the cubicals. I have never seen this before in similar companies in the IT industry. Not even at the really big companies. Why is it necessary to monitor sales staff at all times? After several minutes, he came back to escort me down to the lobby, where I very briefly met with the two executives. The moment I met them, I knew that this would not be going any further. Well, at least they had the courtesy to meet with me. I have been to some companies where you are invited out to meet with the hiring manager who apparently is missing in action during the interview time.

Interview Questions
    • Could you tell me something about yourself that we would not know?   View Answer

Group Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in October 2011.

HR, HIring Manager, peer and hiring manager again. LEss than 6 weeks form application to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to exit team members immediately? How would you go about it and what tools do you need?   Answer Question
    Very open and casual. Received a very solid total package

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intuit in January 2010.

I was introduced to the company through a hiring firm. I had three interviews with a business manager, a technical lead, and the senior site leader across two days. Questions ranged from logical questions, use of technologies, and those that deal with your own perspective on soft subjects. I also had the opportunity to ask questions about the company and the type of work. It was a fairly smooth process. After these interviews I was called back for another interview within the week and was made an offer to join the company.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interviewer asked about my opinions on guiding a customer through setting up a new software product and how to make it a positive experience. I had never considered how to accomplish this effectively.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in December 2007.

Initial screening was conducted by recruiter via phone interview. One on one interviews followed with the hiring manager, group architect and a couple of staff engineers. The interview style typically asks you to recount various professional experiences in which you exhibited leadership / problem solving / conflict resolution etc. The technical interview consisted of the usual C++ “trick” questions as well as writing out a linked list algorithm on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions
    Did not engage in any negotiation.