International Paper

International Paper Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct, 2014
Updated 17 Oct, 2014

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Paper.

Interview with general manager and site manager was about an hour long asking general questions about background and experience. Not a long interview or a hard one. All in all not bad.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to this company as a forklift driver?   View Answer
    No negotiations

Global Sourcing Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at International Paper.

The initial greeting and dinner process was great. The staff was pleasant, warm, and great to get along with, however, the interview itself seemed quite the opposite. Even from the start, it seemed as if it was a bother to them to be there interviewing. The inconsistencies that they showed from what I and the other candidates had been exposed to were a major turn-off.

REACH Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at International Paper.

Applied through university career fair. Interview was a typical personality based interview. Interviewers were nice but also seemed to be observing everything you say to find a flaw. I probably wasn't as experience in the field the were looking for as other candidates which is why I believe to have not received a second round invitation because the interview was pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • No technical question just typical stuff like here's a situation in the workplace how would you react.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Paper.

I had a sit down interview that lasted a little over an hour. It was a very relaxed interview with two interviewers who were recent grads. They asked generic interview questions, none of which were very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for International Paper?   View Answer

Global Sourcing Associating Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Paper in September 2014.

Met at the career fair on campus, was invited to an interview the next day. Questions weren't too difficult, but they made me feel stupid for things on my resume. Most questions seemed to be accusatory.

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at International Paper.

The process was very long and thorough. It took over two months and with four interviews ( two phone screens, and two face - to - face interviews on site, including VP. I can appreciate the process but there was no follow up unless it was prompted. The final outcome was disappointing after over two and half months but understandable.

Interview Questions
    • It was behavioral based so there was nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Manager Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at International Paper.

An IP recruiter messaged me in LinkedIn to ask if I was interested in the position. I said I was, and we set up a time for a phone interview. It went well, and the regional HR manager contacted me for a plant interview. It was a panel with my boos -to- be, his boss, and the HR manager. They had a template they had to follow, but it felt more like a conversation; a very genuine one.

Interview Questions
    I was too excited. I didn't negotiate

Packer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at International Paper.

Applied through employee referral, I was called a week later to take a test, getting the interview was completely based on passing the test. The next day I was interviewed by a panel that asked questions based on safety and prior job experience.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to ignore a safety rule to get a job done faster.   View Answers (2)
    No negotation

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at International Paper in May 2014.

I met the HR manager at a Career Fair at my university. I chatted with her for a bit and left a resume. About two weeks later I received a call from her to schedule an interview. The first interview involved a tour of the paper mill (1 hour) followed by a panel interview with the HR manager, the lead process engineer, and the engineering manager. The questions were very standard and the interviewers were very nice. I got a call back for a second visit, which involved 3 1:1 interviews with various mangers of the company and more detailed plant tours (2.5 hours). Overall very positive interview experience. Note: do not arrive to interviews in your nicest clothes. You will be given steel toe shoe add-ons and your shoes (and person) may get wet.

Company culture: about 100 employees, mostly men. Most employees are aged 40+.

Interview Questions
    • What is Henry's Law? (Technical question)
      What do you think your role of process engineer will be? (Make sure to read job description carefully)
        Answer Question

Although the paper industry is very stable and I would have received a solid pay, I was not interested in process engineering (or rather controls).

Process Engineer Interview

Talked to a representative at my university career fair. The conversation went well and the representative seemed to be interested/impressed. About a week later I received an email asking for a phone interview. The phone interview must also went well as I was asked to attend an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you needed to make a difficult decision.   View Answer