Intel Corporation

1,509 Interview Reviews

3.1

Embedded Systems Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2014.

I had half an hour interview with Intel Corporation. They started asking questions since the very beginning till the end. They didn't event let me ask questions at the end. they asked lots of basics in VHDL and Verilog. Even about the syntaxes.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of basic question about different programming languages that I knew.   Answer Question

Silicon Validation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2013.

There was one interview scheduled by my university co-op program. The interview was quite easy. There were no technical questions, just questions about my prior work experience and education.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, the interview was quite straight forward.   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Pretty relaxed, was in a Dansih subsidiary.

Not bad.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2009.

After a short 30 minutes phone interview on my previous experiences, I was contacted for an in-person interview. I was then interviewed by the manager and team lead. I was asked about my resume and previous experience. A lot of behavioral questions and a few technical questions regarding previous experience. The interviewers were friendly. Also got a lot of hypothetical questions too.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were asked to make a decision but with limited info   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Came to college for brief introduction, followed up with 2 rounds of interviews in their campus.
    Round 1 -
    Case study, very relevant to their current initiatives (hint read 10K / presentations from company website)
    Case briefing for 30 min.
    30 min panel interview on previous work experience
    Round 2 -
    Mock spectator in a meeting followed by an hour of discussion on contents of that meeting. Again will help if you know what they are doing at that time.

Pretty engaged throughout the process, responsive in conveying the results back to candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What are the current challenges in IOT? And what can we (intel) do about it?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

He asked mainly about CMOS basics, Gate tunneling, different types of power dissipation and ways to eliminate, 5 stages of pipeline, Cache Memories, SRAM & DRAM, Verification topics, System Verilog, UVM, DDR2, power area & performance optimization techniques, Physical Design such as Floorplanning, power planning, clock networks.

He asked little about my projects.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Undergraduate Hardware Intern position.

Was first contacted by the HR and then invited for a single-round f2f interview.
    Had a conversation with two Hardware Engineers and a Manager. The questions were mostly technical, but overall easy/average if you know your field.
    After the interview I was asked to solve a test problem at home. The task was to create a Verilog module (some matrix-related mathematics), and provide some building scripts, testing scenarios and documentation for that. The trick was to create two versions of the design: area-efficient and time-efficient, which required to use different algorithms, essentially doubling the task. It took me one week to solve the problem and prepare everything.

Interview Questions
    • Write some Verilog code that would infer latches. Draw the respective circuit. How to avoid latches in the code?
      Discrete Fourier transform formula and explanation.
      Estimate as closely as possible the time that you need to solve the test problem.

Answer Question
    No negotiation, because it was my first job.

Creative Accounts Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Process started out promising and moved at an average 2-3 week pace with two rounds of phone interviews. Was then flown from Bay Area to Hillsboro, OR for in-person interviews. Environment felt frenzied and I have never witnessed so many fast walkers. I felt like I was intruding on the hiring manager's busy day, as he was stressed with work - but it did provide me with insight with regards to how he handled pressure. Met with five team members. Interviews ranged from basic conversation to downright odd. I was taken aback by a strategist who seemed like he didn't even know who he was interviewing. He asked questions that were irrelevant and provided zero insight into my abilities. Overall, I was disappointed with the experience and will chalk it down as just that - an experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is our B2B strategy and how would you improve upon it? (Note: the role I was interviewing for had nothing to do with developing strategy)   View Answer

Not a good fit culturally.

Principal Engineer Interview

But unfortunately things don’t always run smoothly and you can find that your boss hasn’t got the best management style in the world. If this is the case then you need to make sure that you deal with the situation appropriately. To help you out, we’ve come up with six tips on how to deal with a difficult boss.

Interview Questions
    • The working world is full of lots of weird and wonderful people that need to be able to work together. An important person to get on with in the workplace is the boss because, at the end of the day, they’re the person that can have a big impact on your career progression   View Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2015.

The interview process started with a hiring manager reaching out to me to coordinate a phone interview, the actual phone interview/screening that lasted for about 30 minutes, and the on-site interview. This hiring manager was not the actual hiring manager for the position I interviewed for when I was brought in for the on-site interview. The entire face-to-face interview was for 3-1/2 hours where I spoke with 5 Intel employees that included the actual hiring manager, hardware and software engineers, and a management staff member.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fair and based on my experience and what they look for in candidates. Since I was fairly well-prepared for both the phone and on-site interviews, I answered all the questions with confidence. As (I) expected for engineering interviews, some of the questions involved (a) processes in test and manufacturing environments, (b) test methods, (c) electrical diagrams, and (d) situational and behavioral questions.   View Answer