Intel Corporation

Getting the Interview

36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details Interviews began with 2 phone conversations with two difference senior finance managers, and transitioned to an all day interview with 4 or 5 different finance managers - ranging from manager to controller.

Interview Question – How do we track our Fab assets around the world?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Portland, OR (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details My first round of interviews on my schools campus went very well, that got me a second round interview on Intel's campus. Looking back I feel like I was much more confident with that interview then on Intel's campus. My interviews on Intel's campus did not go so well. Both times I was notified very quickly about my results (within days). When I was not hired I was actually able to speak to an Intel HR employee for about 30 minutes and get some valuable feedback about how my interview went.

Interview Question – How would you go about forecasting a new product that would be creating a new market (think along the lines of what the iPad did when it came to market).   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview and one on one interview

Interview Question – Explain NPV   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2011.

Interview Details Recruited from college - two interviews at school, then invited to on-site weekend. Weekend included dinner with other recruits and some managers, 4 45-minute interviews, and lunch with a current analyst to discuss culture and area.
Process took a couple of months, but I was still in school. If you apply with experience, it probably wouldn't take as long.

Interview Question – What financial controls would you put in place for a finance team at Intel?
If you were CFO, what would be your top 3 priorities?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details Applied through my MBA school. 2 30min back to back interviews with a lot of technical questions. Both the interviewers had a list of questions to ask mostly about pricing strategies as well as situational/behavioral. The interviews were tough especially as I was coming from a different background and had no direct experience in pricing. I asked what they were looking for in a candidate and they said logic and how the candidate handles difficult situation as they will teach the new hire all the other technical skills.

Interview Question – You have a product that has a fixed cost of $15 and sells for $10. What would you do?   Answer Question

Folsom, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details Mostly Behavioral questions and what you know about Intel?
Understand NPV's, and other financial analysis stuff.
Standard behavioral questions like describe a time you had to meet strict deadlines for a project.

Interview Question – What is Intel's main competition?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details There was 2 back to back interviews and they both had same style so it was like you were interviewing on repeat mode over and over again. It had common behaviior questions like tell me about yourself and walk me through your resume.

Interview Question – Asked you alot of situation questions based on a prior project they had   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details Phone screens and/or campus interviews. On site interivew if most of the day with a benefits overview

Interview Question – There were not too many unknown or crazy questions. standard behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO neogtiation

Financial Analyst

Interview Details On campus recruiting. first round was basic behavioral questions and a couple academic questions. Most of them had been posted on Glassdoor. The second round was more behaviors with a different person. Third round is onsite

Interview Question – Where do you see Intel headed in the future?   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

Interview Details Applied the application online and had 2 phone interviews. The first interview was mostly about technical questions. You really need to know about finance stuff. The second interview was mostly behavioral questions (only one finance question). After the second interview, you will received an email whether you have passed the phone interview or not.

Interview Question – •Tell me about yourself.
•Which Intel location is your most preference?
•Tell me about a time when you have to make a quick decision.
•If your manager wants to add 2 new budgets for next year and the board of the director said they don’t have the money to do so, what would you present to your manager?
•How would you reduce discount rate from 15% to 7.5% annually?
•What do you think is the most important in financial control of a company?
•How would you explain NPV (Net Present Value) to someone in engineering who knows nothing about Finance?
•Why audit (in finance) is important?
•How to calculate the discount rate?
•Intel is the leader in chipmaker industry. It has 80% of share in market. What challenges do you think Intel faces for being in such position?
•Tell me about a time when you face some challenges and how you overcome it? (includes the unique skill set you used)
•Tell me about a time when you face a roadblock and how you overcome it.
•Tell me about a time when you face difficulty and what would you have done differently.
•You are in a team of creating a product in which a lot of people are counting on you. Your manager wants the projects to have a gross margin of 43% or more. There are 3 projects that has 45% of gross margin. Which projects would you recommend to your manager? Is it possible to have a low gross margin with a high NPV?
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.