Intel Corporation

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2012.

Interview Details College Relationship promotion. Phone 1:1 Interview. Panel face to face interview which include technical question of accounting knowledge, corporate finance scope and costing. Skill Assessment in term of soft skills. Good opportunity to discuss on job area preference. Overall, it is a smooth flow until you get hired and assign a buddy to help integrate into Intel's culture

Interview Question – technical question directly related to intel product   Answer Question

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details it is a 1 on 1 interview by the financial manager from intel.
Firstly, you need to self-introduction, don't do it too long;
Then, interviewer will review your CV and check some experiece with you,very easy.No need to rush into details.
Then it is the scenario questions(2-3 financial related). Put yourself in the position and analyze what you will do under that situation. Try ro be logical.
at last, one question for them. 30 minuts in total.

Interview Question – If sales director come to you for more budget based on the prediction that sales will increase 15% next year. What will you do(check) as a financial analyst?   Answer Question

Portland, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details Very good hiring process. After 2 phone call interviews, they send you to Portland on Thursday, have 3 face-to-face interviews on Friday, take you out to lunch, and you get an answer on Monday.

Interview Question – I have two projects: X and Y. X has a higher NPV than Y, but lower ROI than Y. Which project should I pick?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I was told that they don't negotiate, but this could just be me or finance.

Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details Interviews began with 2 phone conversations with two difference senior finance managers, and transitioned to an all day interview with 4 or 5 different finance managers - ranging from manager to controller.

Interview Question – How do we track our Fab assets around the world?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Portland, OR (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details My first round of interviews on my schools campus went very well, that got me a second round interview on Intel's campus. Looking back I feel like I was much more confident with that interview then on Intel's campus. My interviews on Intel's campus did not go so well. Both times I was notified very quickly about my results (within days). When I was not hired I was actually able to speak to an Intel HR employee for about 30 minutes and get some valuable feedback about how my interview went.

Interview Question – How would you go about forecasting a new product that would be creating a new market (think along the lines of what the iPad did when it came to market).   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview and one on one interview

Interview Question – Explain NPV   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2011.

Interview Details Recruited from college - two interviews at school, then invited to on-site weekend. Weekend included dinner with other recruits and some managers, 4 45-minute interviews, and lunch with a current analyst to discuss culture and area.
Process took a couple of months, but I was still in school. If you apply with experience, it probably wouldn't take as long.

Interview Question – What financial controls would you put in place for a finance team at Intel?
If you were CFO, what would be your top 3 priorities?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details Applied through my MBA school. 2 30min back to back interviews with a lot of technical questions. Both the interviewers had a list of questions to ask mostly about pricing strategies as well as situational/behavioral. The interviews were tough especially as I was coming from a different background and had no direct experience in pricing. I asked what they were looking for in a candidate and they said logic and how the candidate handles difficult situation as they will teach the new hire all the other technical skills.

Interview Question – You have a product that has a fixed cost of $15 and sells for $10. What would you do?   Answer Question

Folsom, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details Mostly Behavioral questions and what you know about Intel?
Understand NPV's, and other financial analysis stuff.
Standard behavioral questions like describe a time you had to meet strict deadlines for a project.

Interview Question – What is Intel's main competition?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details There was 2 back to back interviews and they both had same style so it was like you were interviewing on repeat mode over and over again. It had common behaviior questions like tell me about yourself and walk me through your resume.

Interview Question – Asked you alot of situation questions based on a prior project they had   Answer Question

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!