Intel Corporation

Updated 13 Oct, 2014

3.6

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview/Hiring process was very quick. Only one round of interviews held on campus. The interview consisted of two 45-60 minute interviews. I interviewed on a Friday morning and they called with the decision on that same Friday night. About half of the questions are behavioral questions and the other half are technical.
Behavioral Questions:
Tell me about a time when you were working with a group and one of your group members was not pulling his or her weight. What did you do and what was the result.
Technical Question:
You purchase additional capital, how does this effect your Income Statement. (hint, think of depreciation)

Interview Questions
  • Your manager tells you that you need to purchase additional capital however you do not have enough capital budget, how do you go about purchasing capital and recording it as an expense. What is the effect on your financial statements.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

it is a 1 on 1 interview by the financial manager from intel.
    Firstly, you need to self-introduction, don't do it too long;
    Then, interviewer will review your CV and check some experiece with you,very easy.No need to rush into details.
    Then it is the scenario questions(2-3 financial related). Put yourself in the position and analyze what you will do under that situation. Try ro be logical.
    at last, one question for them. 30 minuts in total.

Interview Questions
    • If sales director come to you for more budget based on the prediction that sales will increase 15% next year. What will you do(check) as a financial analyst?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Very good hiring process. After 2 phone call interviews, they send you to Portland on Thursday, have 3 face-to-face interviews on Friday, take you out to lunch, and you get an answer on Monday.

Interview Questions
    • I have two projects: X and Y. X has a higher NPV than Y, but lower ROI than Y. Which project should I pick?   View Answers (3)
    I was told that they don't negotiate, but this could just be me or finance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2014.

Phone interview and one on one interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

My first round of interviews on my schools campus went very well, that got me a second round interview on Intel's campus. Looking back I feel like I was much more confident with that interview then on Intel's campus. My interviews on Intel's campus did not go so well. Both times I was notified very quickly about my results (within days). When I was not hired I was actually able to speak to an Intel HR employee for about 30 minutes and get some valuable feedback about how my interview went.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about forecasting a new product that would be creating a new market (think along the lines of what the iPad did when it came to market).   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Applied through my MBA school. 2 30min back to back interviews with a lot of technical questions. Both the interviewers had a list of questions to ask mostly about pricing strategies as well as situational/behavioral. The interviews were tough especially as I was coming from a different background and had no direct experience in pricing. I asked what they were looking for in a candidate and they said logic and how the candidate handles difficult situation as they will teach the new hire all the other technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • You have a product that has a fixed cost of $15 and sells for $10. What would you do?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Mostly Behavioral questions and what you know about Intel?
    Understand NPV's, and other financial analysis stuff.
    Standard behavioral questions like describe a time you had to meet strict deadlines for a project.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

There was 2 back to back interviews and they both had same style so it was like you were interviewing on repeat mode over and over again. It had common behaviior questions like tell me about yourself and walk me through your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Asked you alot of situation questions based on a prior project they had   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2013.

Started with resume drop, phone interview then on campus interview with two interviewers, 15-30min each. They came to my school but the position location was subject to availability. They both asked similar questions, a mix of behavioral and technical/accounting/finance questions.

Interview Questions
    • Factory is at capacity, no budget left in your department for purchasing equipment, and there is incredibly high demand (beyond supply), what do you do?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Phone screens and/or campus interviews. On site interivew if most of the day with a benefits overview

Interview Questions
    • There were not too many unknown or crazy questions. standard behavioral   Answer Question
    NO neogtiation