Insight Global

Updated 24 Feb, 2015
Updated 24 Feb, 2015

2.5

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Insight Global.

There was a three part interview process. The first for me was on my college campus and was very superficial. The second was on-site, and I had the opportunity to interview with four employees. Most of the questions were similar, but I was able to receive different points of view on the job and the company from each individual employee. The third was a luncheon with two higher up employees. It was important, but relaxed, basically keeping a flowing conversation among a group.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about myself, my interests, my resume, where I see myself going, how motivated I am, and why I wanted to work for the company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Insight Global in February 2015.

Had a great phone interview with them and actually shared some personal connections with the internal recruiter. Went in for an in-person interview and thought it was going to go great but it didn't. The hiring manager didn't seem interested in getting to know me whatsoever and didn't seem to care about being there and just rushed through the interview. Was not a good interview experience.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

Started off with an email requesting an interview then a casual phone interview after there was a follow up with an in person interview. The interview was very relaxed and the environment was young. Asked a few basic questions about me and then transitioned into questions I had about the company and position.

Interview Questions
    • Just be prepared with some questions to ask about the company and job.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Insight Global.

I contacted the company at a college career fair and the representatives were very friendly and engaging, which was attractive. I was then contacted by phone for a first round interview at one of their offices, and the interview was pretty laid back and conversational. Some of the people that I talked to fired off a few questions, but nothing was too tough.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Just asked about what is interesting about sales, other than the competitive side of it. A lot of questions about yourself   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Insight Global in December 2014.

You go into an office and meet with three people individually. It's a sales job so they want you to lead the conversation. You go over your resume and discuss what a sales job entails. Lasted for about an hour and 15 minutes. Overall it was a good experience and I realized that a sales job just isn't for me.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Insight Global in November 2014.

The interview is very conversational and very laid back. You get to know a lot of different Account Managers in the process. They do this to test your soft skills and let your personality shine while meeting various different people. There are about 3 different interviews to go through.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Insight Global.

I interviewed with one of the on-campus recruiters. It was very relaxed and easy, like having a conversation. After the interview, I sent a follow-up email to the recruiter. After two weeks of not hearing back from them, I sent another email. No one ever got back to me, which I find extremely immature and goes to show how their company really is.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Insight Global.

Insight Global's interview process is a rigid 3 step one. First you have a phone screen with one of their corporate recruiters, who tells you about the company itself, the day to day responsibilities you will have if you do get the job, and he/she then digs in to learn about you and your background. Next you are brought in for a face to face interview, where you meet with a variety of different people in the office. Finally you are asked to go out to lunch (a meal) with the sales manager/VP of company, where they make sure you are able to keep a conversation over a meal. (since Insight is a sales company after all.)

Interview Questions
    • -Why Sales?
      -Tell me a little about yourself?
      -When have you been in a situation where you were challenged and what did you do to resolve it?

Answer Question
    NO negotiating. Every office in the company has its' own base salary they give to their employee. This varies on the area of the country you live in.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Insight Global in October 2014.

First was a phone interview which was extremely easy. The corporate recruiter out of Minneapolis is one of the nicest people that I've ever talked with. She was extremely helpful and seemed like she was truly interested in helping me to nail the interview. She even gave me wardrobe advice, and potential questions to ask. Needless to say, I was selected for an in person interview in Rosemont. I feel like they interview almost anyone in person as it's a part of their training process. During the personal interview, I was asked a few questions and mainly asked them all of the questions. I felt like I killed it as I had the Account managers laughing and talking about themselves the whole time, but for some reason wasn't asked back for a final interview. If you try to go the long route in answering a question they will but in and won't let you finish, get to the point and quick. The process is really nothing to get hyped up or worried about. They ask you 3-4 of the most basic questions in the book. Essentially, the account managers at Insight form their opinion of you the second they walk into the room and shake your hand. I had killer internal advice from other recruiters within the industry and knew how to answer every question to a T. All insight is looking for is really good looking people who are former Greeks from college. This is an ideal opportunity for your typical Gamma Epsilon Kappa Omega whatever member from X-University. Hit the gym, and drink about 5 Red Bull's before this interview. It's recruitment all over again.

Interview Questions
    • What role do you play in your group of friends? Why do you want to work for Insight? Why Sales? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global in October 2014.

Met with a recruiter on campus, went in to office to have formal interview. They were 30 minutes late in interviewing me, but I met with three managers in a row after the interview got started. Seemed a little disorganized, I got the feeling they had not reviewed my resume until 5 mins before.

Interview Questions
    • What role do you play in your friend group? Why did you choose your school?   Answer Question

Low starting salary, commission is based off of manager's work