Insight Global

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details Be ready to discuss all areas of your resume. Have a good resume being as complete and exact as you can be. Use good people skills, this means to be very professional - clean, a pants or dress suit, neat hair do, sensible shoes, and remember allergies should be taken into consideration so no perfume or very light, and the interview process will be quick.

Interview Question – The most unexpected situation was that there were no real questions that were difficult. There was just one question, when would I be available to start.   View Answer

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in July 2012.

Interview Details the interview process was very easy-going. They understand that college students have not done IT staffing before, so they are looking for young graduates eager to learn

Interview Question – How was your college experience   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Insight Global in May 2012.

Interview Details I earned a business degree from a college that requires an option (accounting, finance,, management, hr, etc.) Sales is not one of the options and when I mentioned this during a phone screening, the woman tried to tell me they offer a sales option at my college. I went there. I think I know what degrees and options my school has. That was pretty irritating. Went to the interview and talked with a woman for about 20 minutes. Didn't care for her or the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want a career in sales?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Insight Global in November 2012.

Interview Details The interview was pretty much a joke. Go in, shoot the breeze for about 15 minutes, a couple generic questions from the interviewer (mostly based on explaining what the position entails), and then you're allowed to ask your questions. I got the impression that the interviewer had made up his mind before he walked into the room. It probably didn't help that it was the day before Thanksgiving. He didn't seem very interested in being there right from the get-go. They typically hire right out of college, and I had 3.5 years of work experience, so it may have worked against me.

Interview Question – "I'm interviewing a lot of very qualified people... Why should I choose you?"   View Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Technical Recruiter
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Insight Global in February 2011.

Interview Details The interviewing process at Insight Global is unlike any other that I have experienced before. Rather than asking you technical questions and having you explain everything on your resume, they try to get to know your personality. You interact with top account managers, unknowing of their title or position within the company, and they basically engage in normal conversation, more clearly trying to identify whether or not you would be a cultural fit.

Interview Question – The questions asked at Insight Global are not meant to be difficult or unexpected, they are meant to spark conversation and facilitate it.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Insight Global in June 2012.

Interview Details After applying for the recruiter position, I was contacted for a phone interview. The woman asked the basic questions (tell me about yourself, where did you go to school, etc.). She was very nice but when I mentioned my business degree and the option that I chose because we didn't have a "sales" option for our program at my school, the woman told me that my school does offer sales as an option in the business program. I think I know my the degree program I graduated from better than someone that did not attend the school. That was a little irritating, but I ignored it.

I applied for this position because my friend worked there (but had recently quit because she didn't like working there). I knew the salary was decent so I figured I might like it more than her so I'll try it out. I went to the interview which they told me would last about 3 hours -I was told it would be a one-on-one, followed by an interview with management, and then a lunch date with management. I ended up being there for about 20 minutes. I was asked the same questions I was asked on the phone in the one-on-one interview. The woman interviewing me then said, we're doing rounds so we'll for sure call you Friday. Of course, I didn't receive a call, but I was glad I didn't.

Interview Question – Why do you want to go into sales?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details A inside recruiter contacted me saying that I fit what they're we're looking for. After talking on the phone with her I thought the job would be something I was interested in. I went into their office for a 1:1 and it only lasted 10 minutes. I barely spoke about my experience. I think they were just sizing up my looks and personality. I doubt they even had a job available for me because the next day they said they had gone a different direction.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2011.

Interview Details I was originally contacted by one of Insight's recruiters from my profile on Career Builders. After talking to the nice girl for about 20 minutes we set up a meeting to take place a few days later at their office. The first meeting was two 1:1 interviews. Coming into the interview, I was expecting to answer questions about myself and go over my resume, however this was not the case. Instead, the first girl only asked if I had any questions for her. Not having planned to only ask them questions, I ran out of things to discuss fairly quickly and had to think of a bunch on the fly. After the first girl left, another girl came in shortly thereafter and again asked if I had any questions for her. I left the first meeting feeling very confused for I did not have to answer any questions about myself or even give them my resume. A week later, they called back and said it wouldn't be a good fit. MY ADVICE: Be energetic and come with a lot of questions!

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for me?   View Answer

Auditor Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Insight Global in July 2011.

Interview Details The company is a recruiting firm that may have an opportunity for me at some future point. As of this writing, there are no projects suitable to my core competencies.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Insight Global in June 2010.

Interview Details I was contacted by an internal recruiter. I came in for an in-person interview and was there for three hours because I spoke with every Account Manager in the SF office. I was then taken out to lunch by the sales manager and he offered me the job

Interview Question – There wasn't really a hard question.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Insight Global? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insight Global interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Insight Global employees and interview candidates.