Infosys

Updated 5 Dec, 2014

2.7

73 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

I had already attended few interviews at top india's IT companies but I liked the way how infosys organised the interview.first and formost I felt it like it was a walk in drive,atleast 250+ were present in an lecture hall at 11am.Infy spoc was giving instructions to the candidates for proper application filling it took a while and the spoc was sending 10 candidates at a time to a different building for interview.when I entered the building no.4 I saw another 60 ppl waiting.Now I confirmed to myself this must be a walk in.

After waiting for an hour my name was called.The interviewer introduced himself and we had a firm handshake and took me to first floor.

Now coming to the questions part

As usual tell about your self which I spoke for a minute or two and then asked about my project which I explained for 5 minutes atleast then few technical pl/sql basic questions like
Diff between proc and function,diff between primary n unique key
What is a distinct clause
What is the diff bet proc n package
What are joins and then he gave me a paper and asked me to write a simple query for the scenario to fetch a name and salary from 2 diff table for the emp name'xyz' which I wrote in no time.
Then he asked about polymorphism which I said I dont know.He then asked me how do we query records dynamically apparently I did not understand and told something like using pragma then the interviewer himself gave the answer it is using EXEcute immediate statement we query dynamically

Then he asked me about SDLC
Which I explained for 2-3 minutes then he asked what methodology of SDLC u use in your project I told waterfall model.he then asked me to explain that which I did for another 2-3 minutes.then he asked few leadership skills like have u lead a team etc and then asked me do u have any questions for me.i just asked how did I perform in the interview for that he he is satisfied and asked me to wait outside.

Then after waiting for 40 min another person took me in for a validation round he again asked me my project roles n resp and asked few questions on the project tool I mentioned in my resume after that few stress management quest were asked like y do u want to leave the previous company for that I said I am looking for more career opportunities and a job switch is a must for career growth at some point of time.he then posted another question if you don't find good opportunities at infy u will leave infy also.i smiled and said its a tough question and told the definitely infy is a better company when compared to my company and strongly believe that there will be much more opportunities here. That's it he told me to wait out side after 30 min another HR called me in his cabin and we negotiated the ctc.

Totally very good experience.

Interview Questions
Offer not yet released waiting for offer letter

Other Interview Reviews for Infosys

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Infosys in November 2014.

Very Smooth, couple of technical interview followed by HR discussion

Technical: 1st round to check your JAVA concepts(Core java , whatever framework you used)
    2nd: Panel interview one guy was hard core techie another was manager so expect good mix of question. just be your self and react how you do in office

HR: formality :)

Interview Questions

Offer was less than my expectation.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Infosys.

Its a simple process, one round of technical interview and then hr interview. In HR will discuss about your package negotiations. After interview it will take one or two weeks to get offer letter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys in October 2014.

Technical interview and Hr interview
    Easy questions and direct questions. It had both Technical questions and scenario based questions. Loved the interview. It was late but nice. Great the I cleared.

Technology Analyst Interview

Not very difficult and easy to crack,one can easily make it through depending on the skill set he/she is in.Its the plain technical round that includes may be sometimes a coding challenge and/or basic language interview questions followed by a HR round

Technology Analyst Interview

The process consists of two stages. 1) online aptitude test 2) Interview.
    In aptitude test you will find general questions based on quants, logical and verbal.
    In interview, your basic knowledge on your related subjects and your confidence will be tested.

Interview Questions
    • What if you get job offer from any other company?   View Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Infosys.

It is a very simple and interview is very simple. Interviewer has not asked many technical questions. First round is technical interview and second round is HR interview. During HR round we discussed salary.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys in September 2014.

Three rounds

Aptitude test- Quite difficult.. Logical, Quant and verbal ability

Technical interview- ask about the projects, andcprogramming language u r familiar, if u know languages like c++, or java, be well prepared. They ask sometimes.

HR interview- It was simple interview.. Its was like normal interview..asked like tell me about urself, why should we hire u? Why infosys? strength and weaknesses..

Interview Questions
    • In tech interview, they ask be to design database schema , sql queries, etc,   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ānand (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ānand (India)

three rounds aptitude followed by technichal and hr interview easy interview tough aptitude smooth sailing if communication skills are polished and have decent bachelor's score twenty six twenty eight and thirty.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Infosys in September 2014.

well and good a 1.5 hr test consisting apti verbal and reasoning pretty much simple english will be your deciding factor a couple of long passages requires patience,and then they shortlist the candidates i was selected in campus inteerviews,interview goes from basic tell me about yourself to varous carners of your resume be prepared and beware what u write in your resume

Interview Questions
    • becoz i wasnt gud at my academics he asked me to convince that i would perform welll during training   Answer Question