Informatica Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 21 Mar, 2015
Updated 21 Mar, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Applied through school career center website and also talked to recruiters during career fair. Got an on campus interview within 10 days. The interview is pretty short, only 60 minutes. The guy who conducted the interview was from the head quarter and has been a software engineer for 20 years. The question he asked was about is pretty easy. It was about Binary Search Tree Traverse. How to do it recursively and iteratively.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Informatica

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in December 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview but the interviewer was unprepared! The interviewer didn't greet me and had no idea about the status of my application. He also just hung up after we were done without saying anything but 'Bye'. I solved the questions really fast and when I was done it seemed like he was googling random questions and asking me. Was shocked when I didn't get an offer because I thought I did really well.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Did 6 different interview including two home tasks, all was online via Skype.
    Although i did all interviews (that were in separated days) they never called back to tell me if i passed, also ignored my emails.
    Not recommended as your primary job application.

Interview Questions

• was asked to survey different system, included there system (OOP style)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied on campus, had an on campus interview with a director and then on-site interview with 5 engineers and 1 HR manager (but s/he did not show up).

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process has two phases: phone interview and onsite interview. Onsite interview has 4-5 rounds. In the on-site interview, there are technical rounds, a personal interview with HR, and one or more non-technical interview with managers.

Interview Questions

• The entire process contained a bunch of technical questions. The managers were asking about non-technical (behavioral) questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at Informatica in August 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of written test then 4 rounds of interview . the first written test included aptitude , technical ie c and java and sql and unix questions .
    second written test included code writing, C programs , shell scripting and sql queries.
    interview focuses mainly on database related questions and puzzles. Be prepared for questions like diff btw dbms, rdbms , ordbms .

Interview Questions

• be prepared to think out of the box because they ll be asking quite a few puzzles for to solve   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Informatica (Campus (Nepal)) in February 2014.

Interview

First contact was on campus at a school job fair. Submitted my resume and got a call within a couple of days to appear for an on campus interview. I only have 5 days in between to prepare for the interview so I definitely could have done better....

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, how would you design the "model" portion of the model view controller schema for notepad or any text-based editor.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There is one campus interview and one onsite interview. People are nice. They seem to love their work. Software developers from different teams (in my case, four teams) will talk to you. They will decide whether you are a good match for their team. HR is responsible for behavior questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

There is one round on campus interview. Took 45 minutes. Two simple questions about binary tree traverse and string duplications.

Then there is one day onsite interview. About 5 round totally, each is one hour. No break between interviews (except the lunch). So its a tough day. The questions including design, algorithm, test case, brain teaser...

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Its tough to crack Informatica. I had almost 7 rounds + HR round. The grilled me on Data structures and algorithms, problem solving and basic java.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation becomes tough