Informatica Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr, 2015
Updated 14 Apr, 2015

3.3

Pre Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Resume review, HR Pre Chat Filter, Hiring Manager. They then called around to people I knew inside the company and at my existing company. I have never seen such unprofessional people in the good-ol-boys club before. There are MANY recruiters and positions at this company and NO one is coordinated with each other - very odd engagement process. If you talk to the wrong person they cut you from the process. If they don't like something they just stop talking - yet other recruiters will continue to call about available positions. This company is one for the books and I suspect if your cut throat this will be a place for you.

Interview Questions

• What is MDM, ETL and how are you with abrupt directional changes.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Informatica in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through career fair. Got a mail after 2 months that they are interested in taking one hour phone interview, send availability for one 60 minute phone call. I replied them back with suitable time for the interview. After that radio silence. No mail, no call. I followed up twice to check if i am still considered for the position. But didn't receive any reply at all. It was clear to me that I am rejected,but why? This is absurd. How can they reject without even taking interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had couple of technical rounds after that I was told that I was through with the round and they will be getting in touch with me soon for the further rounds, after 1 week they sent me an email saying that I was unable to clear the interview. Too weird hiring people spoiling the name of such a big brand.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very organized and was impressive. The interaction with the hiring manager was disorganized and they referred to others in the company for guidance. The times and dates were changed several times.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about what skills and experience to determine skill-set. As the interviews progressed more questions involved process and procedure questions. I was very concerned about the manager and other co-workers.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Informatica in March 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a university recruiter via email and scheduled a time for a first technical interview. I got an email for a second technical interview as well as a behavioral interview with a hiring manager. All interviews were conducted via phone and with a shared Google Doc. You code in the Google Doc and the interviewer is watching you write.

Interview Questions

• An anagram of a phrase is another phrase that shares exactly the same letters, rearranged in a different order. Only the character count of letters (a-z) is considered. Write a method that takes two strings and checks to see if the strings contain phrases that are anagrams.   Answer Question
    • Given the string below, find the first non-repeating character   Answer Question
    • How would we find the first most occurring character?   Answer Question
    • Prior to this, we had code that was nearly identical in every way. How would you go through an optimize the code?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Informatica in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three separate phone interviews—one with a recruiter, one with the department manager, and one with the hiring manager. After the last interview, I had to complete a writing test.

The writing test consisted of three sections. The first two tested punctuation, grammar, and clarity. The final section was an essay. Give Joseph William's Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace a read, and you'll do just fine.

Four days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in technical communication? How would you go about learning an unfamiliar program?   Answer Question

Employee Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Interview

The interview process was unlike any other I've had, and it was great. I interviewed several times with quite a few people and each conversation was engaging and insightful. It was a longer process than most but I can see why. They want to make sure you are a good fit and are more interested in your career path and reasons for pursuing the specific opportunity than trying to trip you up with irrelevant questions. Questions are designed to see how you would approach a situation or how you've approached in the past. I appreciated that they kept me in the loop throughout my rounds of interviews and saw what was to become a great match!

Interview Questions

• Situation questions: how you have handled something in the past and how you might handle it now.   1 Answer

Informatica Response

Mar 03, 2015VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback and welcome aboard. Pleased to see the process was positive. The Candidate Experience is very important to us. Also I'm glad you see the behavioral interview questions ... More

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

3 phone interviews which went well followed by 4 rounds of 1:1 interview onsite. They have a good engineering team as well as hospitable HRs. Their responses were prompt and overall I was very pleased with Informatica. The process took 4+ weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were around multi threading, little bit around machine learning   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a full day of discussion started at 11:00AM. Started with filling a Candidate Information Form where you need specify the job history, skill set, current CTC, Expected CTC etc. Had around 4 rounds of technical discussion till evening. Lunch was also provided in between. Most of the discussion were most based on Core Java, Data Structures, Algorithms, design problems in distributed computing etc. Following to that, again called for a Director level discussion and HR discussion some days later to that. The director level discussion was all of a casual discussion on the job profile and understanding on the interest levels etc. The HR discussion was again a casual discussion on reason for change, assessment on the previous discussions, justification on the compensation, why Informatica etc. Further to that, told for sharing the latest 3 months payslip and hike letter for compensation evaluation and told like might need to come on another day for a 15 minutes discussion again on salary communication.
    The pathetic part started then. They prolonged it for a period of more than a week where I was holding back on other interview invites, accepting of other offers etc to hear from them. I indicated and followed up with them also several times to update on the status as early as possible. However, after repeated request, a mail came that I am not shortlisted for further discussion which really perplexed me. I even asked for a reason on what was the pro-longed delay as well as the reason for not going further. Nothing heard from them so far which I felt really unprofessional.

The most annoying things was they were not telling a clear date on when they will inform me on the final status and after long wait came back with a negative response. Hence, no more considering Informatica from my end also for a job position.

Interview Questions

• Pre-order traversal of a tree, volatile keyword and happen-before relationship, TreeMap implementation, smallest non-repeating sub-array.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the talent acquisition (TA) team of informatica. He initially started inquiring about my experience, role and salary.
    After sometime he started asking java related questions. I was taken back & was quite surprised and asked him if this was an interview. He said he would ask some basic Java questions for 10-15 min.
    Never before have i come across such an interview process where the TA start asking technical questions to short list a candidate. And quite frankly i was really embarrassed because they were doubting my basic capabilities, having worked for 8 years in top notch companies. I felt very reluctant to take questions from a TA person. I really felt bad that company like informatica is doing this sort of short listing.
    If they have so many applicants then let them short list by resume and then have a 10-15 min brief call done by a technical person instead of having such a process and spoiling their own reputation. I reluctantly proceeded and din't answer much about the java questions. He told he would get back and never did.Honestly even if they had called me i wouldn't have proceeded because i felt so bad about the treatment. I feel they are spoiling informatica reputation by conducting such interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you prevent deadlock?
      what's new in java 1.5?