Informatica

Updated 22 Feb, 2015
Updated 22 Feb, 2015

3.3

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica in February 2015.

It was a full day of discussion started at 11:00AM. Started with filling a Candidate Information Form where you need specify the job history, skill set, current CTC, Expected CTC etc. Had around 4 rounds of technical discussion till evening. Lunch was also provided in between. Most of the discussion were most based on Core Java, Data Structures, Algorithms, design problems in distributed computing etc. Following to that, again called for a Director level discussion and HR discussion some days later to that. The director level discussion was all of a casual discussion on the job profile and understanding on the interest levels etc. The HR discussion was again a casual discussion on reason for change, assessment on the previous discussions, justification on the compensation, why Informatica etc. Further to that, told for sharing the latest 3 months payslip and hike letter for compensation evaluation and told like might need to come on another day for a 15 minutes discussion again on salary communication.
    The pathetic part started then. They prolonged it for a period of more than a week where I was holding back on other interview invites, accepting of other offers etc to hear from them. I indicated and followed up with them also several times to update on the status as early as possible. However, after repeated request, a mail came that I am not shortlisted for further discussion which really perplexed me. I even asked for a reason on what was the pro-longed delay as well as the reason for not going further. Nothing heard from them so far which I felt really unprofessional.

The most annoying things was they were not telling a clear date on when they will inform me on the final status and after long wait came back with a negative response. Hence, no more considering Informatica from my end also for a job position.

Interview Questions
    • Pre-order traversal of a tree, volatile keyword and happen-before relationship, TreeMap implementation, smallest non-repeating sub-array.   Answer Question

Presales Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica in February 2015.

was approached by recruiter for informatica. several phone and tech screens. then asked to take a 1 hr puzzle solving quuz and psychology tesy. then asked to go into doentown for 3 hour interview. interview was white board presentaton q+a based on hypothetical role play. grueling and drawn out then told not selecting me.

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in February 2015.

First an online test was conducted in which approx 200 students appeared and 12 were shortlisted for interview process. There were 5 rounds on technical round . Each round was elimination round .
    After first round 7 were remaning, after second round 4 , after third 2 , and after fourth , only one.
    Then went for an HR interview . I was lucky enough to be the only one to get selected.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked were mostly on Data Structures and Algorithm , Database, Operating System, Unix commands, and lots of puzzles.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Informatica.

There are around 8 rounds of interview. Each one covers different types skills. It took around one month for me for overall process.

It is observed during the interview how you are understood the problem.

Interview Questions
    • More in Technical and technical problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Informatica.

The one who is appearing for this interview should be able to create documentation,should have good communication skill technical skill. There will be an softs kill test and analytical skills test. late on selected candidate will be interviewed by technical team and after that by company HR.once get selected,there will be background check and certificate verification

Interview Questions
    • questions are not that difficult if you have passion for the applied job.They will ask you guys about the previous designations work responsibility etc etc.Pannel will ask you regarding the expected CTC etc.Will you be able to work in shift and all.   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

The interview process consisted of four one-on-one interviews, with three taking place during the final round. All interviewers were friendly, fair, and professional, asking questions that test one's technical and social aptitude.

Senior Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

It was a fair interview process back in 2009. Back then managers treated you with respect during interviews. Today the new managers show some aggressivity during the interview to see if you will crack. They will lure you into the job by being on their best behavior and once you start working for them you will see their true colours and realize how hostile they are.

Interview Questions
    • Back in 2009 it was a fair interview process...not that difficult. Today is about the same. They want top performers so if you have that on your resume, then they will want you.   Answer Question
    Very easy...they want to lure you in and then own you.

Informatica Response

Dec 29, 2014VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for comment. 2009 was a long time ago and lots has changed on the hiring front since that time. Informatica has received numerous candidate experience awards since 2010. We do look for top ... More

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Applied through school career center website and also talked to recruiters during career fair. Got an on campus interview within 10 days. The interview is pretty short, only 60 minutes. The guy who conducted the interview was from the head quarter and has been a software engineer for 20 years. The question he asked was about is pretty easy. It was about Binary Search Tree Traverse. How to do it recursively and iteratively.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in December 2014.

Very easy interview but the interviewer was unprepared! The interviewer didn't greet me and had no idea about the status of my application. He also just hung up after we were done without saying anything but 'Bye'. I solved the questions really fast and when I was done it seemed like he was googling random questions and asking me. Was shocked when I didn't get an offer because I thought I did really well.

Direct Response Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in December 2014.

The process was very straightforward. Their recruiter maintained constant communication throughout and was very candid with feedback. It took approximately two weeks and included a pair of phone conversations and on site interview with the hiring manager. Everything was organized efficiently and everyone was forthright. Their passion for the company was apparent putting any hesitation to rest and assuring that this was the right decision.