Illinois Institute of Technology Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014
18 interviews

1.9

Research Associate/Software Engineer Interview

There was no interview. My Employer happened to be a professor who took note of a few of my class projects and was impressed. He happened to have an open position for a student to fill in. He thought I would be a good fit and offered me the position. Sorry no questions!

Interview Questions
    I did ask for more pay and got it bumped from $12 an hour to $16 an hour.

Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2012.

I applied right away(online) and got a called about 5 minutes later. When I applied they needed workers so I was basically hired on the spot. Now the chances of getting the job is very difficult because there are too many people applying. The job is basically a first apply first get basis.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wheaton, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2013.

It was a simple meeting at Wheaton campus to discuss about the work and timings. They need experience/knowledge in HTML/CSS for website stuff.

Community Desk Assistant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology.

Apply when they advertise it. Takes about a month. They approve your resume and cover through a point system. Based on your score they will decide whether they give you an interview or not. Interview is pretty standard, they look for customer service experience, etc.

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in November 2011.

Hiring is a simple process. We need to look out for jobs through Career Management Center, through colleagues and many other ways. Next step would be create and submit Resume Online for verification. Applying for jobs with your resume. If selected you will be called by the respected department personnel and be interviewed about your experience related to the job you have applied for. Results for the interview vary from 2-3 weeks, depends. Its a great place to work with, experienced management and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Questions are asked depending on your resume and also related to the position you have applied for.   View Answer

Facilities Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in December 2011.

Bait and switch, job description is not what I actually do on a daily basis

Interview Questions
    • I asked the most difficult questions, there is no level of competence in the facilities department at IIT   Answer Question
    no negotiation, union job

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2013.

The interviewer was very kind but had asked few deep technical question and some background questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in April 2011.

Only one in-person interview required. The interview was more of a behavioral assessment interview wherein my manager examined my communication skills and team skills.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you pursuing your MBA after an undergrad in engineering?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2008.

Internal application followed by a notification of interest from the hiring party. I then had to notify my current manager before I could move forward with the interview process. After two face to face interviews I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't room for negotiation

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2011.

It's about 20 mins panel interview. Very general questions, like how do you feel like working as a receptionist? How will you prioritize works in tight time frame? Tell me sth about your organizational skills. etc. I thought they just wanted to find someone they felt easy to work with.

Interview Questions
    • If someone asks you a question you don't know, how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for Illinois Institute of Technology? Contribute to the Community!