IMS Health

Getting the Interview

90 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details Phone Interview: what do you know about the company, what financial background do you have, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc.
Math/logics test: similar to a gmat test; conducted over the phone and on the internet; given 30 min to answer questions

Interview Question – the test is mainly algebra multiple choice; one of the questions had incorrect format of answers (eg. 8.550 instead of 8550) which threw me off, the interviewer realized the mistake and made the correction   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Business Process Analyst
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IMS Health in May 2012.

Interview Details There is an initial interview over the phone with the basic behavioral questions and basic background questions to determine if you are remotely qualified for the position. I think the inquiries were too basic to learn much about the applicant that wasn't already obvious after having read the resume. Failed the subsequent in-person interview.

Interview Question – Nothing. It was all straight-forward   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Mississauga, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in February 2011.

Interview Details It was an interview for a summer job which I got through an inside connection. There were two interviews with engagement managers. The first one was a behavioral interview with expected questions like- strengths? weaknesses? situation when you worked in a team, situation when you had to analyze data? situation when you showed leadership? The second interview was a case study on sales force sizing and physician segmentation, which was a little hard.

Interview Question – Name of the drug pricing committee in Canada   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2010.

Interview Details First, a general phone interview, covered salary expectations and past experience.
Then, a Round One interview, 45 minute behavioural with hiring manager & HR followed by 45 minute test
Finally, Round Two was in front of a panel

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you completed a large analysis   Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time you encountered conflict, and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Senior Consultant Interview

Montreal, QC

The process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in May 2012.

Interview Details A lot of common questions, questions were repeating. I was glad then it finished. I felt very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2010.

Interview Details I was referred by a friend. I had a quick phone conversation with a very nice HR manager, and I was informed that I've been selected for the interview.
The interview was one hour-two parts. One part was a behavioral interview with a consultant. I was asked typical questions: tell me about yourself, etc. I was asked about weaknesses and strengths that are important for my Job at IMS health, and those that are not important (2 by 2). Also some questions like tell me about a case that you had to do some analytical work. Another question was tell me about a case that you had to deliver under pressure and strict deadline. The other half hour was case interview with a consultant. The case was very structured. I was given slides containing all necessary information, and I had extract data from graphs, or calculate number of salespeople that the client afford, and finally suggest the best solution.The case was very straightforward and only required basic quantitative skills (they provide pen and paper and calculator too).
Interviewers and receptionist were all extremely nice. I think it's a very friendly environment. I guess that working culture is very supportive, too. I guess it's less competitive than big consulting firms. Consulting group is relatively small (less than 10 people I guess) but the whole Toronto office probably has more than 50 employees. They don't have partner position for consultant. They have very nice offices.
This is the first round interview.

Advice for a candidate: think of your strenghts and weaknesses. Think of situations that you delivered under pressure or with strict deadlines. Think of situations that you conducted heavily analytical tasks. Just be yourself.
For the case, you don't need preparation. Just apply very basic quantitative skills and some judgment at the end.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation that you had to do analytical work in your last job?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interviewed at IMS Health

Interview Details In delpth, one interview lasting about 2.5 hours, you will meet with Senior executives whom you would potentially support

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer situational questions   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

I applied online and interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details Applied online and got to the group interview in their London office - it had approx. 20 candidates and we spent half the day doing group work and interviews, which included presentations, case studies and brain teasers. About 10 interviewers were present at the group interviews and the day ended with networking.

Interview Question – I cannot remember!   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IMS Health in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, received screening interview 1 week later. Then was moved forward to phone interview with manager(s). Scheduling and rescheduling of interview due to conflicts on manager side took over 4+ weeks--two reschedules on the day of the interview and for the third scheduled phone interview, they neglected to call at all! Very disorganized process. Finally was able to phone interview with managers, and had a pleasant experience, but scheduling the in-person interview was a pain as well. Ended up declining offer.

Interview Question – How do you feel about performing client work for pharmaceutical companies?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Position wasn't a good fit for long-term career interests, and office is in an inconvenient location.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details had a round of written test on the basis of which they shortlisted candidates for further rounds, then we had to write a paragraph on My Aspirations, then there were round of 3 interviews. all the rounds were good, organized in a well coordinated manner and people doing the hiring appeared professional and were good. Asked Questions about Career , life, Personality, Hobbies, what projects did in the past and about family, Last round was longest round where they inquired everything about the Resume in detail, especially achievements and projects done in past , how were they done and what were the suggestions given and improvements done etc.

Interview Question – When said Good morning Mam asked What is good about this morning?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at IMS Health

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IMS Health interview questions and advice. All 90 interview reviews are posted anonymously by IMS Health employees and interview candidates.