IMS Health

3.1

Client Report Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online – interviewed at IMS Health.

My first telephone interview lasted less than 20 min. it was with global recruiter calling from US asking a few questions about my experience and what I was looking for. My CV was then forwarded to the local recruiter who call me a few days later, asking almost the same questions. The came the in-person meeting with the hiring manager about a week later. This interview was about my experience and expectations (again) and about me as a person.

A little higher starting salary because of prior experience

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IMS Health in July 2014.

Met several members of the company at a networking event and subsequently e-mailed to ask about job opportunities. I was told of a contract position available to fill-in for maternity leave so I sent my resume and cover letter. I was subsequently called in for an interview consisting of:
    30 min math test
    45 min behavioural interview
    45 min case study
    30 min meeting with principal

Interview Questions
    • What is the number of people in Canada with diabetes   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IMS Health.

Phone Interview: what do you know about the company, what financial background do you have, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc.
    Math/logics test: similar to a gmat test; conducted over the phone and on the internet; given 30 min to answer questions

Interview Questions
    • the test is mainly algebra multiple choice; one of the questions had incorrect format of answers (eg. 8.550 instead of 8550) which threw me off, the interviewer realized the mistake and made the correction   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IMS Health in May 2012.

There is an initial interview over the phone with the basic behavioral questions and basic background questions to determine if you are remotely qualified for the position. I think the inquiries were too basic to learn much about the applicant that wasn't already obvious after having read the resume. Failed the subsequent in-person interview.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

The process took a dayinterviewed at IMS Health in May 2012.

A lot of common questions, questions were repeating. I was glad then it finished. I felt very uncomfortable.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IMS Health in February 2011.

It was an interview for a summer job which I got through an inside connection. There were two interviews with engagement managers. The first one was a behavioral interview with expected questions like- strengths? weaknesses? situation when you worked in a team, situation when you had to analyze data? situation when you showed leadership? The second interview was a case study on sales force sizing and physician segmentation, which was a little hard.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IMS Health in June 2010.

I was referred by a friend. I had a quick phone conversation with a very nice HR manager, and I was informed that I've been selected for the interview.
    The interview was one hour-two parts. One part was a behavioral interview with a consultant. I was asked typical questions: tell me about yourself, etc. I was asked about weaknesses and strengths that are important for my Job at IMS health, and those that are not important (2 by 2). Also some questions like tell me about a case that you had to do some analytical work. Another question was tell me about a case that you had to deliver under pressure and strict deadline. The other half hour was case interview with a consultant. The case was very structured. I was given slides containing all necessary information, and I had extract data from graphs, or calculate number of salespeople that the client afford, and finally suggest the best solution.The case was very straightforward and only required basic quantitative skills (they provide pen and paper and calculator too).
    Interviewers and receptionist were all extremely nice. I think it's a very friendly environment. I guess that working culture is very supportive, too. I guess it's less competitive than big consulting firms. Consulting group is relatively small (less than 10 people I guess) but the whole Toronto office probably has more than 50 employees. They don't have partner position for consultant. They have very nice offices.
    This is the first round interview.

Advice for a candidate: think of your strenghts and weaknesses. Think of situations that you delivered under pressure or with strict deadlines. Think of situations that you conducted heavily analytical tasks. Just be yourself.
    For the case, you don't need preparation. Just apply very basic quantitative skills and some judgment at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation that you had to do analytical work in your last job?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in June 2010.

First, a general phone interview, covered salary expectations and past experience.
    Then, a Round One interview, 45 minute behavioural with hiring manager & HR followed by 45 minute test
    Finally, Round Two was in front of a panel

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you completed a large analysis   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you encountered conflict, and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Social Media Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IMS Health in January 2015.

Applied through a job posting online. Got a call back few days later and had a telephonic interview , got short listed for a face-to-face interview just a few days later.
    The interview process was a day long including 3 written rounds, 2 face-to-face rounds with a team member and the project manager. final round was with the HR

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of unexpected questions but that's how an interview goes   Answer Question

It was for a contract period of 6 months with a very low payscale

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IMS Health.

This was a campus process, so we had an aptitude test .After the first shortlist, had to go through a Group Discussion, then two rounds of interview. The GD's were pretty easy and you just need to present relevant points. The interviews were also relatively easy, asked very basic fit questions and a guesstimate

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the number of tennis balls that could fit in a Haryana roadways bus ?   Answer Question