IMS Health Interview Questions & Reviews

110 interviews

3.1

Anonymous Employee  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2014.

Met several members of the company at a networking event and subsequently e-mailed to ask about job opportunities. I was told of a contract position available to fill-in for maternity leave so I sent my resume and cover letter. I was subsequently called in for an interview consisting of:
    30 min math test
    45 min behavioural interview
    45 min case study
    30 min meeting with principal

Interview Questions
    • What is the number of people in Canada with diabetes   View Answer

Client Report Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I interviewed online - interviewed at IMS Health.

My first telephone interview lasted less than 20 min. it was with global recruiter calling from US asking a few questions about my experience and what I was looking for. My CV was then forwarded to the local recruiter who call me a few days later, asking almost the same questions. The came the in-person meeting with the hiring manager about a week later. This interview was about my experience and expectations (again) and about me as a person.

A little higher starting salary because of prior experience

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IMS Health.

Phone Interview: what do you know about the company, what financial background do you have, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc.
    Math/logics test: similar to a gmat test; conducted over the phone and on the internet; given 30 min to answer questions

Interview Questions
    • the test is mainly algebra multiple choice; one of the questions had incorrect format of answers (eg. 8.550 instead of 8550) which threw me off, the interviewer realized the mistake and made the correction   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IMS Health in May 2012.

There is an initial interview over the phone with the basic behavioral questions and basic background questions to determine if you are remotely qualified for the position. I think the inquiries were too basic to learn much about the applicant that wasn't already obvious after having read the resume. Failed the subsequent in-person interview.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in February 2011.

It was an interview for a summer job which I got through an inside connection. There were two interviews with engagement managers. The first one was a behavioral interview with expected questions like- strengths? weaknesses? situation when you worked in a team, situation when you had to analyze data? situation when you showed leadership? The second interview was a case study on sales force sizing and physician segmentation, which was a little hard.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2010.

First, a general phone interview, covered salary expectations and past experience.
    Then, a Round One interview, 45 minute behavioural with hiring manager & HR followed by 45 minute test
    Finally, Round Two was in front of a panel

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you completed a large analysis   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you encountered conflict, and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

The process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in May 2012.

A lot of common questions, questions were repeating. I was glad then it finished. I felt very uncomfortable.

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2010.

I was referred by a friend. I had a quick phone conversation with a very nice HR manager, and I was informed that I've been selected for the interview.
    The interview was one hour-two parts. One part was a behavioral interview with a consultant. I was asked typical questions: tell me about yourself, etc. I was asked about weaknesses and strengths that are important for my Job at IMS health, and those that are not important (2 by 2). Also some questions like tell me about a case that you had to do some analytical work. Another question was tell me about a case that you had to deliver under pressure and strict deadline. The other half hour was case interview with a consultant. The case was very structured. I was given slides containing all necessary information, and I had extract data from graphs, or calculate number of salespeople that the client afford, and finally suggest the best solution.The case was very straightforward and only required basic quantitative skills (they provide pen and paper and calculator too).
    Interviewers and receptionist were all extremely nice. I think it's a very friendly environment. I guess that working culture is very supportive, too. I guess it's less competitive than big consulting firms. Consulting group is relatively small (less than 10 people I guess) but the whole Toronto office probably has more than 50 employees. They don't have partner position for consultant. They have very nice offices.
    This is the first round interview.

Advice for a candidate: think of your strenghts and weaknesses. Think of situations that you delivered under pressure or with strict deadlines. Think of situations that you conducted heavily analytical tasks. Just be yourself.
    For the case, you don't need preparation. Just apply very basic quantitative skills and some judgment at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation that you had to do analytical work in your last job?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2014.

Telephone interviewInterview Details Phone interview case with background for fit, then round with Managers and then final with 3 Principals. numeracy test is also present. Case study will be given and you need to work out the case step by step. Interviewer will stop you if your answer has gone too far. Listen questions carefully you could get caught. Practice your math as it will be expected like percentage questions

Junior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health.

There were 4 interviews in total. The process was a bit slow. Usually the process starts with a detailed discussion with a consultant followed by a discussion with the hiring manager. A fit test is done by the director.

Interview Questions
    • None. All the questions asked were similar to the typical industry standard questions.   Answer Question
    They usually take a lot of time to prepare an offer and are not open to negotiation.

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!