IMS Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Report Analyst Interview

Client Report Analyst
Montreal, QC

I applied online and interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details My first telephone interview lasted less than 20 min. it was with global recruiter calling from US asking a few questions about my experience and what I was looking for. My CV was then forwarded to the local recruiter who call me a few days later, asking almost the same questions. The came the in-person meeting with the hiring manager about a week later. This interview was about my experience and expectations (again) and about me as a person.

Negotiation Details – A little higher starting salary because of prior experience

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details Phone Interview: what do you know about the company, what financial background do you have, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc.
Math/logics test: similar to a gmat test; conducted over the phone and on the internet; given 30 min to answer questions

Interview Question – the test is mainly algebra multiple choice; one of the questions had incorrect format of answers (eg. 8.550 instead of 8550) which threw me off, the interviewer realized the mistake and made the correction   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Business Process Analyst
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IMS Health in May 2012.

Interview Details There is an initial interview over the phone with the basic behavioral questions and basic background questions to determine if you are remotely qualified for the position. I think the inquiries were too basic to learn much about the applicant that wasn't already obvious after having read the resume. Failed the subsequent in-person interview.

Interview Question – Nothing. It was all straight-forward   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Mississauga, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in February 2011.

Interview Details It was an interview for a summer job which I got through an inside connection. There were two interviews with engagement managers. The first one was a behavioral interview with expected questions like- strengths? weaknesses? situation when you worked in a team, situation when you had to analyze data? situation when you showed leadership? The second interview was a case study on sales force sizing and physician segmentation, which was a little hard.

Interview Question – Name of the drug pricing committee in Canada   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Consulting
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2010.

Interview Details First, a general phone interview, covered salary expectations and past experience.
Then, a Round One interview, 45 minute behavioural with hiring manager & HR followed by 45 minute test
Finally, Round Two was in front of a panel

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you completed a large analysis   Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time you encountered conflict, and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Montreal, QC

The process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in May 2012.

Interview Details A lot of common questions, questions were repeating. I was glad then it finished. I felt very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2010.

Interview Details I was referred by a friend. I had a quick phone conversation with a very nice HR manager, and I was informed that I've been selected for the interview.
The interview was one hour-two parts. One part was a behavioral interview with a consultant. I was asked typical questions: tell me about yourself, etc. I was asked about weaknesses and strengths that are important for my Job at IMS health, and those that are not important (2 by 2). Also some questions like tell me about a case that you had to do some analytical work. Another question was tell me about a case that you had to deliver under pressure and strict deadline. The other half hour was case interview with a consultant. The case was very structured. I was given slides containing all necessary information, and I had extract data from graphs, or calculate number of salespeople that the client afford, and finally suggest the best solution.The case was very straightforward and only required basic quantitative skills (they provide pen and paper and calculator too).
Interviewers and receptionist were all extremely nice. I think it's a very friendly environment. I guess that working culture is very supportive, too. I guess it's less competitive than big consulting firms. Consulting group is relatively small (less than 10 people I guess) but the whole Toronto office probably has more than 50 employees. They don't have partner position for consultant. They have very nice offices.
This is the first round interview.

Advice for a candidate: think of your strenghts and weaknesses. Think of situations that you delivered under pressure or with strict deadlines. Think of situations that you conducted heavily analytical tasks. Just be yourself.
For the case, you don't need preparation. Just apply very basic quantitative skills and some judgment at the end.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation that you had to do analytical work in your last job?   Answer Question

HEOR Analyst Interview

HEOR Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2014.

Interview Details First round face-to-face interview with senior consultants, followed up by phone HR interview, concluded with face-to-face interview with directors and presentation to the rest of the team. Interview process went smoothly but did include several steps whereas I think a one off interview day could have been organized instead.

Interview Question – What difficulties do you expect to face working for a consultancy?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They have a high turnover rate and feared I would be looking for another job in 2 years. Also, the salary on offer was below market average.

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2013.

Interview Details First Round : Technical + Aptitude
Technical questions related to programming in C, Data Structures, DBMS, SQL, Computer Networks
Aptitude questions included LR, DI questions along with basic questions

Second Round : Technical Interview
Questions related to Software testing, DBMS, SQL
They won't go deeper into programming but will ask basics

Third Round : HR
Some quick puzzles

Interview Question – It was an easy process, the most important thing is how you present yourself.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process consist of 1 written test (Aptitude+ Technical )then 1 technical round and 1 hr round. in the first round they ask 60 aptitude and 60 technical question then 1 technical round in this round they will ask from your resume and at last in HR round they will ask some puzzles.

Interview Question – The most difficult question that comes to me is one puzzle and some business related questions. overall its average process not so difficult. and some question in the written test are quite tough which takes times to solve. overall they give 2 hours to solve whole question paper. it will complete before the time.   Answer Question

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!